Version 2.0

Rezzy

With version 1.9 probably right around the corner, when do you think version 2.0 will come out and what it will bring?

The two top guesses would be in about a month, which would otherwise be version 1.10 or on the one year anniversary.  I like base ten, so seeing 1.10 looks gauche to me, but I guess that could still be a thing.

I hope version 2.0 brings a new batch of 1* and 2* Hero Battles.  Maybe they could add a few of the existing units there are even better, add a bunch of new units, but that might be more work, and I'd be happy to see units like Oscar or Leon there.

I'd also like to see a bit of "cleaning up" of the 5* pool.  It's soon going to be the highest number of units, and units like Maria or Peri would be well served by no longer just being a pity breaker.  Maybe one unit from each previous Banner could be taken off the 5* and resorted into the 3-4* pool.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But if they demote 5* exclusives from previous banner to straight 3* I think they will annoy people who have spent a lot of money to get those to +10. But I think they can clear up some 5* exclusive at launch (demoting Sakura, for example).

The best solution however, is to add a mass of new units straight into 3, 4* pool. The game has been stable for a while and I think an addition of completely new units will give them a good push to attract new players/inactive players. There are quite a lot of obscure units which can be put into a mass dump as noone would want them otherwise.

The problem for that addition is it is time consuming (addig stats and skills) and maybe costly to hire new artists and VAs etc. But as 2.0 is a big upgrade I would expect some big changes like that.

Edited by Okigen

I could see them resetting the 1-2S Hero battles, and I'd appreciate that since I already beat all of them except Wrys, who isn't worth the time and effort. I'm going to agree with the one-year anniversary timing, hopefully with LOTS of free Orbs to celebrate(as in double or maybe even triple the Orbs from your usual Log-in bonus).

Really, I just want the Eight Heroes and Idunn. If we get that, I'm pretty much content with everything in this game except my lack of Cordelia.

What I wish to see is:

• Updating the 5* pool, units like Jakob, Mathilda, and Seliph have no business being 5*s. Also it will help in the future when more units are added.
  • Equipping scared seals in the middle of Arena Assault, TT, and Chain Challenges.
  • More character quest rewards, I need more SI fodder.
  • Make summoning colorless units more appealing, give me a better reason for pulling for them, other than Klein and the Banner focus units.

11 minutes ago, Okigen said:

But if they demote 5* exclusives from previous banner to straight 3* I think they will annoy people who have spent a lot of money to get those to +10. But I think they can clear up some 5* exclusive at launch (demoting Sakura, for example).

The best solution however, is to add a mass of new units straight into 3, 4* pool. The game has been stable for a while and I think an addition of completely new units will give them a good push to attract new players/inactive players. There are quite a lot of obscure units which can be put into a mass dump as noone would want them otherwise.

The problem for that addition is it is time consuming (addig stats and skills) and maybe costly to hire new artists and VAs etc. But as 2.0 is a big upgrade I would expect some big changes like that.

I see the argument that people who whaled for a character will get mad if their 5* becomes a 3*.  I've whaled for a few characters, like Titania and Soren back in the Radiance Banner, and it doesn't bother me that they became 4*s.  There has to be some sort of timeframe where we can start demoting units, or the 5* Pool is going to be twice as big as the 3* pool.  Maybe not units that just came out a couple months ago, but those from over half a year ago, like Rebecca or Lachesis would be good candidates  for demotion.

I'd like to see weapon forging. In the Japanese version, the Slaying weapons are literally called "Forged [weapon]" so maybe they can implement a way for us to upgrade the Killer weapons. Although I do have to admit that it'd be pretty underwhelming since the functionality is limited to a small subset of weapons. 

Edited by tobuShogi

34 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

I'd like to see weapon forging. In the Japanese version, the Slaying weapons are literally called "Forged [weapon]" so maybe they can implement a way for us to upgrade the Killer weapons. Although I do have to admit that it'd be pretty underwhelming since the functionality is limited to a small subset of weapons. 

Maybe instead of only using it to go from Killer to Slaying, you could use it to upgrade things like Emerald Axe to Emerald Axe+, so you don't have to use 20K feathers just for a weapon.

15 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Maybe instead of only using it to go from Killer to Slaying, you could use it to upgrade things like Emerald Axe to Emerald Axe+, so you don't have to use 20K feathers just for a weapon.

I would love this! But then it will beg the question of why can't we do the same with passive skills, and it's a slippery slope. 

So I don't think Version 2.0 will be delayed all the way to the game's 1 year anniversary (which is 3 months from now). I do have plenty of predictions for anniversary celebrations but...not today. If I'm remembering correctly, version updates are where we saw the addition of more Squad Assaults, and the Squad Ace seals with it. Whatever the new seals do, I expect they will retain the name "Squad Ace". But I have no idea if they will just be repeats of more existing seals. They finished the Spur line, so maybe that's the next Squad Ace set. Or maybe they could do us a solid and distribute some of the quality of life skills we've seen in past seasonal banners: Live For Bounty/Honor, he weapon EXP, and weapon Valor skills.

Also, 2.0 just sounds like a time to have some cool Story mode development. Maybe the intermission in which we can finally recruit Bruno or Veronica. Or where we can add +1s to our Askr trio.

Edit: Oh, and the HM cap increase to 5000, baby. Reinhardts rejoice.

Edited by Glennstavos

2 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Also, 2.0 just sounds like a time to have some cool Story mode development. Maybe the intermission in which we can finally recruit Bruno or Veronica. Or where we can add +1s to our Askr trio.

Now that you bring up Intermission, that sounds like the perfect time to introduce 2.0.  In theater, symphonies, etc, the Intermission happens between acts of a story and whatnot.  I always thought it was odd that they called that map "Intermission".  So maybe that means 2.0 is right around the corner.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

With version 1.9 probably right around the corner, when do you think version 2.0 will come out and what it will bring?

The two top guesses would be in about a month, which would otherwise be version 1.10 or on the one year anniversary.  I like base ten, so seeing 1.10 looks gauche to me, but I guess that could still be a thing.

Version numbers are not decimal numbers. They are integers delimited by periods.

The Japanese version of Fate/Grand Order is currently on version 1.30.0.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Now that you bring up Intermission, that sounds like the perfect time to introduce 2.0.  In theater, symphonies, etc, the Intermission happens between acts of a story and whatnot.  I always thought it was odd that they called that map "Intermission".  So maybe that means 2.0 is right around the corner.

In Japanese, the chapter is called いにしえより目覚まし, "Ancient Awakening".

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Version numbers are not decimal numbers. They are integers delimited by periods.

The Japanese version of Fate/Grand Order is currently on version 1.30.0.

In Japanese, the chapter is called いにしえより目覚まし, "Ancient Awakening".

Yeah, the holdup with 1.10 being a thing is more me thinking it looks odd more than anything else, as I said it looks gauche, but I thought we might be getting some sort of major patch update sometime in the next few months, and .10 seemed like the first possible time.

1.30.0?  My that's a lot of patches, wonder why they're still on 1.

Intermission seems like a weird title for the chapter.  It's like they want us to go use the bathroom and get a few snacks from the lobby.

Just now, Rezzy said:

It really depends on the developers' philosophy on version significance, i.e. how big of a change something has to be to increment the next-higher significant version number.

FGO (currently version 1.30.0), for example, increments the second piece for its major updates.

Warframe (currently version 22.2.2) increments the first piece for its major updates, the second piece for its weekly updates, the third piece for small fixes in between weekly updates, and the fourth piece (omitted if ".0") for emergency fixes that are released within a few hours of a release.

If Warframe used a similar version significance philosophy as FGO, it would probably be considered "version 0.22.2" (since it formally considers itself to still be in beta).

Maybe they would "split", so to speak, the summoning pool?  Instead of having all units available for summoning, you could split them up into groups.  A select group of units would be in Group 1, then some in Group 2, etc.  The summoner would have the ability to toggle between what group he would like to have, on top of the usual focus units.  The problem of too many units was bound to happen eventually. 

Personally, i'd like to see more chapters/squad assauts/etc.  I wouldn't mind paying for DLC maps.

I think DLC is a slippery slope, but a paid version of the app would be nice if it came with a continuous stream of resources and guaranteed summons a la CYL (and a way to +1 units, even.)

Actually, I think an alternate way to +1 units (and re-roll IVs) is long overdue. Maybe we could use feathers again?

Edited by DefyingFates

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Going from 1.0 to 2.0 is often a complete overhaul of the core system rather than incremental changes. You'd see changes to stuff that's fundamental to the game, like map size and major battle mechanics. There's usually no need to make those kinds of changes to a game unless the core elements are crazy broken or buggy.

Edited by Johann

Personal Wishlist
- Demoting some 5* units.
- Getting a lot of new 3* & 4* units
- Restructuring Story Mode to be amazing and not "We are under contract, so let's fight!" (This is never going to happen...)
- Implement a Forge to upgrade Killer Weapons to Slaying Weapons. Other weapon types may follow suit (Silvers, Gems, and Armorslayers come to mind)
- Veronica and Bruno better be playable before 2.0, or at least their story arcs wrapped up.

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

It really depends on the developers' philosophy on version significance, i.e. how big of a change something has to be to increment the next-higher significant version number.

FGO (currently version 1.30.0), for example, increments the second piece for its major updates.

Warframe (currently version 22.2.2) increments the first piece for its major updates, the second piece for its weekly updates, the third piece for small fixes in between weekly updates, and the fourth piece (omitted if ".0") for emergency fixes that are released within a few hours of a release.

If Warframe used a similar version significance philosophy as FGO, it would probably be considered "version 0.22.2" (since it formally considers itself to still be in beta).

And then you have games like Just Dance 2017 on Switch which is Version 260945.283290

Yeah, I don't get it either.

3 hours ago, Sire said:

Personal Wishlist
- Demoting some 5* units.
- Getting a lot of new 3* & 4* units

Definitely agree with these two. 

I always thought, especially since they've heavily reduced the number of main banners coming out, that they can make the next batch of 3-4* units the less popular ones - Macellan, Dolph, the Sable Knights Trio, etc, etc. I can't really imagine them being popular enough to have a banner, unless they all gained amazing skills, but I would love them to be added to the game so you could actually learn more about them. That way, people who like them are happy, people who don't know about them have more units to learn about, and it makes pulling 3-4* units actually somewhat exciting again for those that have all (or nearly all except a few) of those units. 

Oh well. Hopefully it will happen. I want Glade to be a banner unit, though. I just feel he deserves some extra care ^.^

I do like to see something gets added in the Version 2.0.0 or probably for the future updates as well. I do want to see something like:

• Mila's Turnwheel similar Mechanic so that we turn back in time and fix our mistakes like in Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia.
  • More Chapters (the story is still not complete yet)
  • Some new mechanics.
  • In-game Achievements (I'm not taking about the Daily Rewards) similar to like Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia.
  • Dagger, Mages, and Staff users that can attack on one space instead of permitly kept 2 spaces away.
  • Maybe some actual brand new characters that gets added in the story.
  • Fighting Loki and see what is his/her true final form is.
  • Upgraded Banner celebration that celebrated from the New Upgrade for Fire Emblem Heroes.
  • Add two range weapons for sword, lance, and axe users like Tomahawk, Javelin, Levin/Lightning Sword, etc.
  • Maybe add any of the characters' backstory like those Memory Prisms in Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia.
  • Sidequests (I'm not talking about the Paralogues nor Xenologues) like in Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia.
  • Summon any units that we wanted instead of keeping it random similar to like how they handled the CYL Banner.
Edited by King Marth 64

In addition to a weapon forge, fixing the summoning pool and the ability to add +1's to limited units, I'd like an ability to purchase and/or use feathers/badges to roll on 3* characters. 

To clarify, there are a lot of skills that are commonly used but are only on a limited number of characters. I'm in desperate need of more Draw Back and Reposition fodder, and many of my new units are not fully built or use sub optimal builds because I don't have the "common" skills to supply them. I've wanted to build a Gronblade Cecilia for months, but there is only 1 Gronblade user in the game, and I can never pull her. It's totally fine if they want to limit unique skills like Heavy Blade or Wrath, but the "common" skills need regular availability.

Related to the above, I think the Hone/Fortify/Goad/Ward skills should all be available in the 4* pool (on new characters, if said character is too good to be demoted, ex. Hector).

Might be just me, but I feel like the game is already substantially different from launch. If you were to have one huge change planned after the game has already had so many features, characters, and goody bags added since launch... I dunno, doesn't feel likely. Every small patch build up, like legos or Jenga blocks, to make one game. I can't imagine any game, let alone a phone app game, simply CHANGING all in one go because a number went from 1 to 2.

...well, not the SAME game anyways. Change is going to happen if they just release a new game altogether.

mmmmm I don think adding more and more units is gonna go well

Instead of working on how to solve the pool, A very good child system with the current pool would work better. 

For example:

Look&gender, Weapon Type and Boon Banes are tied to the father

while

Haircolor, Movement Type and BST are tied to the mother.

further you can pick 1 of 3 skills/abilitys tied to the father or mother

(example youvan pick urvan for your child)