Fire Emblem-The Extinguished Blade

BlazeKing

So before we begin, here's the latest patch, [FEE3 Demo]:
Download patch here [Demo]

To address some things regarding the FEE3 stream before I get into anything:
-Sorry for the autolevelling, seems that that was a huge mistake on my part, I had no idea what it did and it will be dealt with in the full hack, but for now the Demo will be as it was from FEE3....except for my mug's broken frames, now that was embarassing
-AK only made the Assassin mug seen in a cutscene and helped out with some edits, I made the mugs myself with some edits from other people, I'm sorry but I just felt like that should be said as making mugs is the one thing I take pride in being able to do poorly myself, with some help from other people, of course.
-Don't expect large amounts of progress, period. I truly thank the people looking forward for more, never expected people to like it as much as they did, but the updates will come slowly and not at all surely, sorry.
-There were some stuff missed from the FEE3 showcase, or at least from the stream:
    -There we skills attached to items, specifically for the Paladin Lance and Razor Blade, with Swordbreaker and Aether respectively. Leonarth from FEU was nice enough to humour me and make that hack for me.
    pbw1QXn.png
    igM6F6w.png
    g8DU8qW.png
    -There were boss quotes for all 4 of the player characters with ??? (I mean, it should be obvious who it is by now but hey whatever) Hopefully those who decide to play the Demo will be interested in what those are.

Now, let's get talking :D
U3PMBes.png

General story:
So it's basically as it seems, FE7: The bad ending....or is it? Actually, is it? I'm not sure myself, I'm sorta writing this as I go along but hopefully what I've got so far is enough to get you hooked, if not, wait for the actual chapter patches that'll definitely come before the heat death of the universe.
The story is held together by glue and cellophane tape as of now so nothing of substance to be shared here. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Features (so far):
-The FE8 Skill System by circleseverywhere
-Skills by Items by Leonarth
-Custom portraits of questionable quality for all currently playable characters
-FE7 Music with FE8's instruments 
-New items
-HP bars
-Hold L animation toggle
-A warning for killers and slayers
-Danger area

Planned Features:
-New playable characters
-A pick-your-story sorta deal with the hack
-New supports, cuz you know, new characters
-A world map....probably

Credits:
-circleseverywhere for the inspiration of the idea, his Shattered Stones MAFC, and helping me out even though I drive him up a wall sometimes >.>
-Leonarth for helping me out with hacking stuff and also for the Skills by Items hack
-Eise for helping with proofreading and some portrait stuff
-Aeorys for helping with some of the portraits
-Bluid for being a...good friend I guess
-Many people from the Team SALVAGED and FEU discord for helping out and moral support

Once again, I am thankful for the positive reception this Demo received, I did not expect people to like it as much as they did. Unfortunately, no updates will be coming any time soon >.>

Mel and I were really impressed that you managed to make a feasible FE7 bad ending possibility entertaining to us, who both have our long time experiences with. (Mel especially, she couldn't stop smiling about this project after the stream ended) Kudos and kudos again for making me realize I could feel something for Lyn!

I am a patient man, so even if updates take a century, my vengeful spirit will still await with baited breath.

1 hour ago, BlazeKing said:

-AK only made the Assassin mug seen in a cutscene and helped out with some edits, I made the mugs myself with some edits from other people, I'm sorry but I just felt like that should be said as making mugs is the one thing I take pride in being able to do poorly myself, with some help from other people, of course.

I'm so sorry! I feel like this was my fault since I specifically pointed it out when it was brought up in the stream. Your work is very good, for sure!

Edited by Mage Knight 404

6 minutes ago, Mage Knight 404 said:

Mel and I were really impressed that you managed to make a feasible FE7 bad ending possibility entertaining to us, who both have our long time experiences with. (Mel especially, she couldn't stop smiling about this project after the stream ended) Kudos and kudos again for making me realize I could feel something for Lyn!

And I couldn't stop smiling the entire time watching the stream archive, I honestly never felt happier, glad my hack was entertaining

10 minutes ago, Mage Knight 404 said:

I'm so sorry! I feel like this was my fault since I specifically pointed it out when it was brought up in the stream. Your work is very good, for sure!

It was sort of petty of me to phrase it that way but I just didn't want to seem like I drop all the work onto someone else or something

Glad to see this come all this way, little buddy. Here's to finishing actually finishing it.

3 hours ago, BlazeKing said:

-Bluid for being a...good friend I guess

whazzat supposed to mean, i made a whole animation for you, jerk

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Lance-a-lot said:

I think I'm missing something, whenever I try to apply the .ups patch it says the file doesn't match. I tried a clean FE6,7 and 8 ROM and it said the same every time.

It should work with a clean FE8 rom, I don't know what's wrong if it doesn't :B

3 hours ago, BlazeKing said:

It should work with a clean FE8 rom, I don't know what's wrong if it doesn't :B

Hmmm maybe my rom is edited in some way. Let me try downloading a clean one and see if that works.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 5:41 PM, AlmTheBest said:

What is the latest build of this rom hack?

The latest build would most likely still be the FEE3 demo. Blazeking did say "the updates will come slowly and not at all surely, sorry". As much as we'd all like to see this progress, it may not happen.

• 1 year later...