• General.
    • Great Knight.
  3. 3. What should Ewan turn into?

• Sage.
    • Mage Knight.
    • Druid.
    • Summoner.

• 2 months later...

Ross is good as a Berserker because he gets +15% Critical for his class and the most con, which is good for Axes & Garm cause they're heavy.

Amelia, can either become a General or Great Knight for Axes and Weapon Triangle advantage, but she's way too slow Movement wise as either. I think she's best as a Paladin for 8 Mov and access to Lances. 

Ewan's summons are worse than Knoll's, so there's no real point to promote him as one. Druid is stronger than Sage, so Druid is better class.

I personally don't use Trainees, but that's what I think. 

• 3 weeks later...

Made the mistake in turning Ross into a warrior, DON'T DO IT. 

I made Amelia a general. Too many horses already, plus her low movement can be remedied with boots, assuming you didn't miss them

Ewan is personal preference I guess. I chose druid, but I think any sans summoner is good to go

• 1 month later...

ross - berserker: waterwalking and mountainclimbing gives ross a niche you won't get until dozla (the former being more relevant), especially if you've promoted him as early as possible. pirate -> zerker gives the most speed (tied with hero, but pirate gives an immediate +1 speed at tier 1), and the +15 crit is pretty good with the killer axe - having around 50-60 crit is nice. the extra con is cute, but all of his promotion paths put him at 12 or more con anyway which is enough for chucking hand axes with no AS loss. going hero is also a good option, since he basically becomes a zerker ross with worse terrain data and no crit in exchange for C swords (which isn't too useful). warrior is his worst option but pirate -> warrior isn't all that bad. they all feel pretty similar

amelia - paladin: no contest here. getting a slightly stronger offensive option in axes does not in any way outweigh 2 extra mov. or go general since if you're using amelia you're most likely memeing anyway

ewan - mage knight: all different iterations of ewan serve essentially the same purpose - a unit who hits res. going shaman is frankly rubbish for him since he's now deprived of building his anima rank. and mage knight vs sage is an obvious comparison: mage knight gives more mag, more con, and more mov  AND canto, whereas sage gives... light magic? really? and a higher magic cap? ok but you're already ORKOing everything with capped mag and good speed (which MK gives more due to higher con). the +1 bulk from sage also doesn't help his bulk enough to outweigh the everything from MK.

• 3 months later...

In general, I find Hero or Berserker the only options for Ross. Warrior doesn't exist. It shouldn't exist. You can already have 1-2 range with hand axes with more speed. Defense, in my opinion, isn't that much of a requirement in this game. Speed and attack are. Even characters like Lute can more or less avoid everything or even take zero damage from weak enough enemies. While Berserker is undeniably the best option, Hero is also viable if your Ross is more balanced.