Novelisations/Rewrites Of Main Series Games?

Radiant_Hero_95

The thing I can think of now was a novelist ion of Awakening on DA that I read when the game first came out that changed a few things about the story which I thought were improvements, though my opinions on writing have changed quite a bit since then and I don't know how I'd think about it now.

@Alastor15243 has pretty much rewritten Fates from the ground up in a way that's not only better than the original, but extremely exciting to read in the form of Dakota's War Journal. Give it a go if you felt like Fates could have had a good story if it didn't trip at the finish/localization line.

2 minutes ago, Ren_Ambrose said:

@Alastor15243 has pretty much rewritten Fates from the ground up in a way that's not only better than the original, but extremely exciting to read in the form of Dakota's War Journal. Give it a go if you felt like Fates could have had a good story if it didn't trip at the finish/localization line.

Hahaha, I'm flattered Ren, but just a fair warning: It didn't start off that way. It was originally intended to be a comedic "abridged series" style Let's Play until about 1/3 of the way into Conquest when I realized I couldn't keep using the canon story and had to fix it. Just so you know what you're getting into.

Edited by Alastor15243

4 hours ago, Radiant_Hero_95 said:

Interesting, although I've read a few Awakening novelisations and I don't think anything will top Invisible Ties. (The semi - AU)

The main thing I remember is that the Avatar was named Gage, and that a lot of people died in the chapter where Marribelle was kidnapped, and that they made Say'ri a traitor.

2 hours ago, blah the Prussian said:

The main thing I remember is that the Avatar was named Gage, and that a lot of people died in the chapter where Marribelle was kidnapped, and that they made Say'ri a traitor.

That actually sounds really interesting, kinda wanna track that down.

I loved these two stories based on Elibe by someone else, and I personally have written two for Tellius and one for Magvel.

...I'm not sure if this is just me being down on myself as a writer is want to do, but I'm fairly sure hers are better. My Magvel one is definitely the best out of mine, though.