Would you like to see a Male Songstress/Dancer?

ZeManaphy

Male Refresher?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Male Songstress/Dancer

No, but I also don't want female Songstresses/Dancers, or any Songstresses/Dancers for that matter, at least in the understood 'Fire Emblem mechanics' sense. I would rather the turn-refreshing mechanic be in the game in a different form, and not be unit-specific (particularly since 9/10 times the character portraying the Baton Passer grates my nerves, and I'd never deploy them were it not for the inability to get anyone else to do the Baton Passing).

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Pegasus Knight said:

idc about the gender but can they be more than that? i would love if azura had more uses than just refreshing someone's turn... its useful but it makes her boring in return...

I don't agree. I think the baton pass unit should remain simple. When you use them right, it can substantially boost your power that turn, especially with stat boosting skills on top of it. Azura could defend herself well enough, too. 

Otherwise, you can just reclass Azura to a pegasus knight and call it a day.

5 minutes ago, Altrosa said:

I think the baton pass unit should remain simple.

Baton Pass? This is Fire Emblem, not Pokémon. Refreshing a unit in FE isn't anything like using Baton Pass.:wacko:

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Just now, NinjaMonkey said:

Baton Pass? This is Fire Emblem, not Pokémon. Refreshing a unit in FE isn't anything like Baton Pass.:wacko:

I saw someone else refer to the unit as such earlier and it stuck since refreshers are more or less handing off their turn to another unit.

2 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Baton Pass? This is Fire Emblem, not Pokémon. Refreshing a unit in FE isn't anything like using Baton Pass.:wacko:

Well it's passing on the ability to act so to speak. But I agree. Let's keep the terminology consistent. Refreshers is what they're typically called.

5 hours ago, Altrosa said:

I don't agree. I think the baton pass unit should remain simple. When you use them right, it can substantially boost your power that turn, especially with stat boosting skills on top of it. Azura could defend herself well enough, too. 

Otherwise, you can just reclass Azura to a pegasus knight and call it a day.

Well, that's true... if you ignore the part where she's so fragile that anything that's moderately powerful and physical OHKOes her, that is.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

13 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Well, that's true... if you ignore the part where she's so fragile that anything that's moderately powerful and physical OHKOes her, that is.

I guess the BR ease spoiled me since she was never that glassy (or at least, her particularly glassy self didn't lead to a billion restarts). I might just be comparing her too much to Olivia, who is a piece of glass. You get Azura really early, too, so plenty of time to naturally empower her. 

Also I'll stick to calling them refreshers if that's a more recognized term!

1 hour ago, Altrosa said:

I guess the BR ease spoiled me since she was never that glassy (or at least, her particularly glassy self didn't lead to a billion restarts). I might just be comparing her too much to Olivia, who is a piece of glass. You get Azura really early, too, so plenty of time to naturally empower her. 

The problem here is that Olivia happens to be in a game with rather high HP growths, which Azura is unfortunate enough to not be. And her Hp growth is a pathetic 25, which only beats out the Jeigan of the game, as well as a problem child (Rinkah). About the only thing Azura has going for her is that she isn't in a game with same turn reinforcements - if she was, she'd be an even bigger liability than she already is... so "piece of glass" applies just as well to Azura, if not even more so.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

1 hour ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I would want to see a male singer/dancer. More than that though, I would like for the class to be more common among playable characters and would also like some enemy dancers/singers.

Bold: Wishful thinking. Especially the former.

1 hour ago, NegativeExponents- said:

@Levant Mir Celestia well... I never said it was realistic. Plus, doesn’t RD have like three refreshers? It’s not like it hasn’t been done before.

Three refreshers, but you can never legitmately field more than one at once.

Edited by Jotari

More than wanting to see multiple dancers, I'd like to see the one dancer having a variety of functions via branched promotion. Dancers can do more than just dance, we've seen it before multiple times. It's sort of weird that they've never been included in the branched promotion system. Even giving them the option of staff useage or more viable combat stats would be cool.

• 1 month later...

Yes please! I think having  a male dancer/singer/bard would be cool. I really like Shigure and Inigo as dancers in FEH and I think it would be cool to see something like that in the next Fire Emblem. I also  like the idea of a refresher unit that uses magic. I think staff is interesting, but I would prefer my unit be able to retaliate and I wouldn't have to choose between healing or refreshing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't mind having a male dancer or singer. Maybe we can have a dancer for once that's not completely fragile. But how about instead of a dancer or songstress we have a class that can just enchant other units and empower to make another decision? Maybe this class uses staves or magic instead of a lance or sword, but to offset the sheer utility of this class we give it lower stat caps across the board, and weak Growth Rate boosters.

1 hour ago, Ae†her said:

I don't mind having a male dancer or singer. Maybe we can have a dancer for once that's not completely fragile. But how about instead of a dancer or songstress we have a class that can just enchant other units and empower to make another decision? Maybe this class uses staves or magic instead of a lance or sword, but to offset the sheer utility of this class we give it lower stat caps across the board, and weak Growth Rate boosters.

What? You just described a dancer.

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

What? You just described a dancer.

Or songstress. I thought Songstress in Fates gives decent stat growths in Str/Skl/Spd/Lck?

10 hours ago, Ae†her said:

Or songstress. I thought Songstress in Fates gives decent stat growths in Str/Skl/Spd/Lck?

The dancer and Songtress class are identical in growths. They even learn the same skills.