The supports in this game are really good

DragonFlames

I was bored and watched some of the supports from this game on the interwebz.
Frederick and Camilla was hilarious. I don't remember when I last laughed so hard. It gets extra funny when you consider the possibility of Chrom and / or Corrin overhearing their conversation like "Oh crap!" XD

I've got to hand it to them. They did a pretty good job with the supports, at least.
They made Corrin sort of likeable.
They humanised Chrom more.
Tiki's british accent is freaking adorable.
And the two newcomers, Rowan and Lianna aren't actually terrible. Yay~

What are some of your favourite supports?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I really like the support wit Frederick and Leo. Its very silly and perhaps relies to much on a gag but the voice actors deliver it like its a grave and urgent matter.

xander had pretty good supports. He benifits from no longer being chained to Garon and the Fates writing.

From what I've seen of the game, I think this is true for most Fates characters. Corrin especially.

Edited by DragonFlames

22 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

From what I've seen of the game, I think this is true for most Fates characters. Corrin especially.

Robin & Corrin both benefit the most from Warriors supports not being chained to their respective plots and it shows alot between their own support too. 

They are allowed to actually be characters.

Just now, Jedi said:

Robin & Corrin both benefit the most from Warriors supports not being chained to their respective plots and it shows alot between their own support too. 

They are allowed to actually be characters.

Which should have been the case from the get-go, I've come to feel.

I wish they made getting supports easier, I have 24 hours worth of gameplay and I only have one A support. It makes me wonder how people can get them so fast...

But at least Chrom and Robin's support doesn't involved them seeing each other naked this time.

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I really like the support wit Frederick and Leo. Its very silly and perhaps relies to much on a gag but the voice actors deliver it like its a grave and urgent matter.

xander had pretty good supports. He benifits from no longer being chained to Garon and the Fates writing.

I actually just got that one recently and I loved it. I'll also say that I do kind of like Xander's even if I think something's off about his voice.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

I wish they made getting supports easier, I have 24 hours worth of gameplay and I only have one A support. It makes me wonder how people can get them so fast...

But at least Chrom and Robin's support doesn't involved them seeing each other naked this time.

Helps that Robin's supports (and that one especially) are generally written with the male version in mind.

Marth and Caeda's is nice as they act like they're already married.

I like Robin and Leo's since Robin wins, but not by that much.

Robin and Xander is fairly entertaining plus, I find it amusing that they're talking about one of the Awakening trio and Robin doesn't even know.

I like that Marth's supports with both Xander and Ryoma mention his father which is a nice touch and Xander's even goes into a good Garon.

Chrom and Marth is nice as he slows down and explains his perspective to Marth.

I'm not sure I've seen one with Frederick I don't like.

However, I am not a big fan of Celica and Marth. She seems a little judgmental. Who knows what awaits me in her Xander support.

Lyn just seems really arrogant (or in general for that matter) to Chrom and since he's emulating Hector, it just doesn't mesh that well.

Lucina and Cordelia's is a wasted opportunity. Also, why is she watching Lucina so much?

Reminder that I am talking about the Japanese supports here, as I am currently in the process of translating them

- Lyn and Takumi was pretty good though also heartbreaking of course. It really highlights how Takumi's insecurities have messed with his sense of the world and even letting him veer close to suicidal ideation at times. It was similar to his support with Hinoka in Fates, but I feel like Lyn actually managed to address the core of his issues instead of making the conversation about herself like Hinoka did.

- Takumi and Lissa had a pretty funny rapport, also showing how young Takumi still is. Yuki Kaji certainly nailed those screams too. And I found it cute to imagine Takumi wearing a flower ribbon in his hair.

- Hinoka and Elise was very cute. Having them fold paper cranes and just spending carefree time together was beautiful. I enjoyed their dynamic

- Leon and Frederick was just incredibly amusing. Though Leon's problems with clothes is starting to become a little too exagerrated, it still managed to make me smile with how he took it.

Marth/Caeda actually gives both of them a personality!  It's great to see them interact as people, not just a lovey-dovey trope.  Remind me to never make Caeda angry. . .

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Marth/Caeda actually gives both of them a personality!  It's great to see them interact as people, not just a lovey-dovey trope.  Remind me to never make Caeda angry. . .

You should check out Caeda and Tikis, it's adorable.

4 minutes ago, Jedi said:

You should check out Caeda and Tikis, it's adorable.

That means fielding Tiki. ;/

Something tells me all of Tiki's supports are going to be amusing.

I've only done a few supports so far, but some that really stood out to me are:

• Marth talking to his own descendants and basically being awkward about his own future fame.
  • Corrin and Robin leaning heavily on the fourth wall as they discuss feeling like some higher being's avatar.
  • Lyn and Robin, for Lyn being protective of tacticians thanks to Marc.

I think the two biggest reasons why the supports feel so much better than the "real" games' supports is because they're a single, long conversation instead of being broken up into three to four tiny pieces that have to follow a basic structure, and of course the platonic nature means they don't have to suddenly end with "lol btw let's get married".

15 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

• Marth talking to his own descendants and basically being awkward about his own future fame.
  • Corrin and Robin leaning heavily on the fourth wall as they discuss feeling like some higher being's avatar.

I think the two biggest reasons why the supports feel so much better than the "real" games' supports is because they're a single, long conversation instead of being broken up into three to four tiny pieces that have to follow a basic structure, and of course the platonic nature means they don't have to suddenly end with "lol btw let's get married".

Robin x Lyn fanfics when

In general, I liked just about all of Robin's supports, but the one with Rowan, the one with Corrin, the one with Leo, the one with Xander, the one with Tiki, and the one with Lyn stood out to me.

As did Leo and Frederick's supports because holy shit, that is hilarious and amazing! It's comedy gold! I also liked the one with Rowan and Xander (where we get insight into why Rowan only wants to be a knight and not a king) and the one with Xander and Marth (particularly when Xander brought up Garon).

Its supports like these that really makes me excited for the DLC and a sequel to this game, These supports are so good that i really want to see them on different characters.

1 hour ago, Anomalocaris said:

I thought of Robin and Corrin's as more contrasting their views on fate (and in a way, their games). Or maybe Robin simply isn't content being someone's puppet while Corrin is content with that role. Either way, Robin wanting to be able to break with fate fits.

Marth x Caeda was just fantastic. It's very similar to their NMotE support, but the delivery of the lines is just fantastic. They feel and sound so natural. Yuri Lowenthal has come a long way in terms of voicing Marth. Compare Code Name: STEAM to Warriors.

Caeda x Tiki is all I ever wanted and more. I've always seen Marth, Caeda and Tiki as a family, so to have Tiki and Caeda interact is just amazing.

Marth x Tiki is great, and it brings up Bantu which is always a plus.

Honestly, all of Marth's supports. He's so awkward about being held so highly by others, yet he's so kind and motivating for others.

Caeda x Camilla was very...oohlala. Flirty!Camilla is best Camilla.

Frederick x Leo is absolutely amazing.

Robin x Rowan was really nice because Robin just kinda shuts down Rowan's arguments that Tacticians are inferior.

So yeah, supports and voice acting are really amazing.

My two favorites so far are Cordelia and Lucina (okay could have been better, but given it shows how much Lucina wishes to be her father that Cordelia notices, and they both are friends) and Lucina and Lissa (it's literally the Lucina x any of her siblings support from awakening but seeing Lissa freak out so much is funny, also the fact Lucina is sane at first is likable)

11 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I agree to this so much!!!! I'm not a big fan of Xander, he is actually my least favorite sibling, but if we take him out of Fates, I actually like him. Both Heroes and Warriors Xander, are like best Xanders!

Hasn't read all of the supports yet, but I liked Lyn and Takumi ! I kinda now headcanon that Takumi started to call her "Big Sister" after that... Actually, now I feel that Takumi won a big sister and a young sister (with Lissa) after the end of Warriors.

Frederick and Leo is like the most funny support, being full voiced make it better!

They are, and they give me a lot of hope for the incoming DLC characters support wise. I have gone from dreading the potential problems of a Tharja support, to looking forward to it considering Koei has been able to replicate the character and how they act pretty well, without getting too tropey with it. And even better, they have taken characters like Corrin and Robin, and turned them into something. So hopefully Tharja and Azura get some good supports.

As far as ones I like so far. I am particularly fond of the Anna supports so far, they are pretty entertaining, yet still manage to be meaningful in a way. Like the Ryoma and Anna support.

They are pretty time consuming to reach. Didn't want to spoil it, but I ended up doing it anyway. This game is really making me like characters more though. I didn't really explore a whole lot of the supports in Fates, nor did I pay much attention to Frederick or Cordelia when I played Awakening.

Really hope they have an Azura/Olivia support if you have both DLC packs, though I doubt it. I'm hoping Lucina and Azura have a conversation, just because they're two of my favorite characters. Really anyone from Awakening + Azura would be great. I expect DLC supports will be somewhat limited though.

Edited by dmurr