Free Update / Nov 16

Hardin

Figures the discussion devolves into everyone's undergarments..

I found the destructible clothes the least interesting part of this update, actually. I'm thinking more of how I'm glad they're actually supporting with DLC outside of the season pass, free DLC at that. With the way they talked about this game, like mentioning a sequel before this even got released, I was thinking they might give no further support besides the season pass stuff they were already obligated to. So it's nice to see that's not the case. 

A new history map sounds good too, since I'm almost done with the current ones. I hope it's got more than just low level missions, too. I'd like something my almost-maxed Camilla and Ryoma can't quite stomp on in under 10 minutes. 

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Alkaid said:

Figures the discussion devolves into everyone's undergarments..

I found the destructible clothes the least interesting part of this update, actually. I'm thinking more of how I'm glad they're actually supporting with DLC outside of the season pass, free DLC at that. With the way they talked about this game, like mentioning a sequel before this even got released, I was thinking they might give no further support besides the season pass stuff they were already obligated to. So it's nice to see that's not the case. 

A new history map sounds good too, since I'm almost done with the current ones. I hope it's got more than just low level missions, too. I'd like something my almost-maxed Camilla and Ryoma can't quite stomp on in under 10 minutes. 

Its possible this new map gives us the new costumes that they showed in the update. but who knows how far in the game one would need to be to unlock it.

8 minutes ago, Thany said:

Its possible this new map gives us the new costumes that they showed in the update. but who knows how far in the game one would need to be to unlock it.

Assuming there's 4-5 portal missions after clearing the map, I wonder if they'll be generic rewards like elixirs besides the new costumes. (though I feel like they could just be an optional skin added instantly like Lucina's wedding dress) I'd like to see some kind of unique weapons for the current characters without them, but maybe they'd save that to be in the paid dlc, if they do it at all. 

Just now, Alkaid said:

Assuming there's 4-5 portal missions after clearing the map, I wonder if they'll be generic rewards like elixirs besides the new costumes. (though I feel like they could just be an optional skin added instantly like Lucina's wedding dress) I'd like to see some kind of unique weapons for the current characters without them, but maybe they'd save that to be in the paid dlc, if they do it at all. 

The rewards may be the raider weapons that give the skill to break armor and whatnot. that makes sense yes?

1 minute ago, Thany said:

The rewards may be the raider weapons that give the skill to break armor and whatnot. that makes sense yes?

Yeah that would make sense. Since that seems to be the main thing of this update I wonder if they might be tried to regular map rewards, though. (as in not the portal missions) Kind of like the brave weapons and such are. 

5 hours ago, Thany said:

the raider weapons will likely be regular weapons with the skill that destroys armor and will be gained from various battles on the map. but not the portal battles.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

Just now, thecrimsonflash said:

the raider weapons will likely be regular weapons with the skill that destroys armor and will be gained from various battles on the map. but not the portal battles.

Figuring out what the portal battles will give if we already have everyones personal weapon is gonna be tough, mabey just rewards for some of the more rare materials. like the chaos dragon... who knows.

8 minutes ago, Thany said:

Figuring out what the portal battles will give if we already have everyones personal weapon is gonna be tough, mabey just rewards for some of the more rare materials. like the chaos dragon... who knows.

Well, Fates' rewards maps didn't give any weapon scrolls, just some valuables like Elixirs and Great Festals.

That being said, aren't there hidden files in the game pertaining to personal weapons for Robin, Lissa, Frederick, Cordelia, Anna, Caeda, and Tiki anyway? Maybe we'll get one or two of those here.

25 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Well, Fates' rewards maps didn't give any weapon scrolls, just some valuables like Elixirs and Great Festals.

That being said, aren't there hidden files in the game pertaining to personal weapons for Robin, Lissa, Frederick, Cordelia, Anna, Caeda, and Tiki anyway? Maybe we'll get one or two of those here.

Still feels like it would be pointless to give everyone a special weapon. That essentially reduces the other weapons to skill fodder. At least once they're fully powered.

5 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

According to the DLC leak for the season pass. The personal weapons for characters won't even come until the Shadow Dragon (Feb 2018) and Awakening (March 2018) DLC, the Shadow Dragon giving 6 and the Awakening giving 7, so 13 new personal weapons. I really doubt we would get any new personal weapons for this free DLC unless they blindside us with surprising us with a playable Darios that you unlock with this Free DLC, with his personal weapon, Risyl being obtainable as well.

and according to the datamine as well, people only found 11 personal weapons. 

1.  Robin = Thoron
  2.  Lissa = Healing Axe
  3.  Frederick = Armored Axe
  4.  Cordelia = Gungnir
  5.  Anna = Anna's Bow
  6.  Caeda = Wingspear
  7.  Tiki = Divinestone
  8.  Oboro = Oboro's Spear
  9.  Niles = Niles's Bow
  10. Owain = Missiletainn
  11. Navarre = Wo Dao
  12. ?
  13. ?
Edited by Legend_of_Zelia

12 minutes ago, Legend_of_Zelia said:

According to the DLC leak for the season pass. The personal weapons for characters won't even come until the Shadow Dragon (Feb 2018) and Awakening (March 2018) DLC, the Shadow Dragon giving 6 and the Awakening giving 7, so 13 new personal weapons. I really doubt we would get any new personal weapons for this free DLC unless they blindside us with surprising us with a playable Darios that you unlock with this Free DLC, with his personal weapon, Risyl being obtainable as well.

1.  Robin = Thoron
  2.  Lissa = Healing Axe
  4.  Cordelia = Gungnir
  5.  Anna = Anna's Bow
  6.  Caeda = Wingspear
  7.  Tiki = Divinestone
  9.  Niles = Niles's Bow
  10. Owain = Missiletainn
  11. Navarre = Wo Dao
  12. ?
  13. ?

That's because all of those characters, regardless of status, is a part of the base game.

Also, we're already being blindsided with new weapons in this update. (The weapons that give us Armor Break.)

4 hours ago, Legend_of_Zelia said:

1.  Robin = Thoron
  2.  Lissa = Healing Axe
  4.  Cordelia = Gungnir
  5.  Anna = Anna's Bow
  6.  Caeda = Wingspear
  7.  Tiki = Divinestone
  9.  Niles = Niles's Bow
  10. Owain = Missiletainn
  11. Navarre = Wo Dao
  12. ?
  13. ?

Whoa, Cordelia gets Gungnir?

6 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Whoa, Cordelia gets Gungnir?

I guess it kind of makes sense if you think about it. Gungnir was one of the legendary weapons available in Awakneing even without spotpass as it was dropped by one of the Deadlords. Of course, by that logic, you'd think they'd give Freddy or Lissa Helswath but I guess not. 

Maybe Tharja will come packing Valflame. 

23 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Probably Goetia.

That's already a spell Elise and Leo shout as part of their moveset. It's the "portal full of spikes around the caster" move.

24 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

That's already a spell Elise and Leo shout as part of their moveset. It's the "portal full of spikes around the caster" move.

I know. At the same time, both Leo and Elise use Moonlight as their C5 combo even though Moonlight is only Elise's personal tome. So it wouldn't be that odd.

2 hours ago, Zachmac said:

I guess it kind of makes sense if you think about it. Gungnir was one of the legendary weapons available in Awakneing even without spotpass as it was dropped by one of the Deadlords. Of course, by that logic, you'd think they'd give Freddy or Lissa Helswath but I guess not. 

One would think Luna might work better since she is longtime friends with Sumia who has it in her artwork. Then again, a weapon with built in Luna might be OP.

Speaking of which, I hope these new weapons have some different abilities built in. To my knowledge the only special built in skills we have are the beast slaying one and the dragon slaying one (not entirely sure why Sol Katti has that given I don't think it was one of the super dragon killing weapons of Elibe). That is of course, not counting true power and the bows innate wingslayer.

4 hours ago, Zachmac said:

Of course, by that logic, you'd think they'd give Freddy or Lissa Helswath but I guess not. 

Maybe Tharja will come packing Valflame. 

I think the reason neither of them was given Helswath is because the weapon is already associated with Cherche, since she wields it in her official artworks for Awakening, Heroes, and Cipher.

As for Tharja's weapon, I think she'll get either Goetia, or a new weapon like the Healing/Armored Axe that Lissa and Frederick have.

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

To my knowledge the only special built in skills we have are the beast slaying one and the dragon slaying one (not entirely sure why Sol Katti has that given I don't think it was one of the super dragon killing weapons of Elibe). 

Sol Katti did have Effective Damage against Dragons in Blazing Blade, but I think it was removed for its appearances in Awakening and Heroes.

Edited by Luankachu

2 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Speaking of which, I hope these new weapons have some different abilities built in. To my knowledge the only special built in skills we have are the beast slaying one and the dragon slaying one (not entirely sure why Sol Katti has that given I don't think it was one of the super dragon killing weapons of Elibe). That is of course, not counting true power and the bows innate wingslayer.

Can we talk about how the Spellbane Yumi, despite its name, gives zero advantages while fighting mages? Personal weapons without built in skills feel like a huge missed opportunity in general.

Edited by Zachmac

2 hours ago, Luankachu said:

I think the reason neither of them was given Helswath is because the weapon is already associated with Cherche, since she wields it in her official artworks for Awakening, Heroes, and Cipher.

As for Tharja's weapon, I think she'll get either Goetia, or a new weapon like the Healing/Armored Axe that Lissa and Frederick have.

Sol Katti did have Effective Damage against Dragons in Blazing Blade, but I think it was removed for its appearances in Awakening and Heroes.

Ah, okay, it's been a while since I got that far in Blazing Blade. Though that seems like a pretty useless ability in Blazing Blade considering how...sparse dragons were.

2 hours ago, Zachmac said:

Can we talk about how the Spellbane Yumi, despite its name, gives zero advantages while fighting mages? Personal weapons without built in skills feel like a huge missed opportunity in general.

Agreed. Though, I'm not sure what they'd all do.

2 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Ah, okay, it's been a while since I got that far in Blazing Blade. Though that seems like a pretty useless ability in Blazing Blade considering how...sparse dragons were.

Agreed. Though, I'm not sure what they'd all do.

You don't get the Sol Katti until the final map. The Mani Katti is the one you get at the start of FE7, and iirc, it's good against cavalry and armored units.

On 11.11.2017 at 11:58 PM, NoirCore said:

On 12.11.2017 at 12:23 AM, Anomalocaris said:

I know. At the same time, both Leo and Elise use Moonlight as their C5 combo even though Moonlight is only Elise's personal tome. So it wouldn't be that odd.

Plus, with datamining, we know Robin has Thoron as his (currently languishing in unused data hell) prf weapon and Thoron is part of his moveset so eh.

35 minutes ago, Silent shifter said:

The 1.2 update is now available on the Japanese copy of the game. Still not sure what time will the English version will be released. 

well at least its out, I cant say I fully understand time zone differences yet. But we may have to wait about 6-12 hours for our update to appear.

Edited by Thany