Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon Leak/Spoiler Thread

Konnor97

I feel like with a name like ZeraORA, and an ability called Plasma FISTS, it should have been Electric/Fighting. That design makes it seem even more obvious.

But I guess they didn't want two Fighting legendaries in a single gen(Not like that hasn't stopped them before).

On 11/8/2017 at 5:38 PM, Slumber said:

I feel like with a name like ZeraORA, and an ability called Plasma FISTS, it should have been Electric/Fighting. That design makes it seem even more obvious.

But I guess they didn't want two Fighting legendaries in a single gen(Not like that hasn't stopped them before).

I suppose it's unlikely given its beastly stats, but maybe it'll get a new form to tie in with the Gen 8 game?

15 hours ago, SlayerX said:

Hide contents

Why are there 4 forms of Salazzle in the leaked dex? Is there a male evo now or is it from the totem model (not that i can notice any actual difference)?

The totem model.

It might interest some people to know that the magnetic evolutions (Magnezone, Probopass, and Vikavolt) will evolve at Blush Mountain's power plant instead of Vast Poni Canyon, so you won't need to wait the entire game to evolve them this time.

Is there any news on what other new features there might be? Like will there be a way to see what pokemon you are missing in a route ala dexnav, or changes to breeding or something of the sort?

Spoiler

Lusamine's motives so far are changed, she's more of an anti- hero, since she's been working with the Ultra Recon Squad and has decided to use Nebby's power to open the ultra worm hole and fight Necrozma along with Guzma who jumped in with her. However her motives can still end up being the same as I just got to Poni Island.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

It might interest some people to know that the magnetic evolutions (Magnezone, Probopass, and Vikavolt) will evolve at Blush Mountain's power plant instead of Vast Poni Canyon, so you won't need to wait the entire game to evolve them this time.

Whoa, that's a game-changer. Especially for Vikavolt. Is there an earlier place for Crabrawler?

35 minutes ago, SlayerX said:

Is there any news on what other new features there might be? Like will there be a way to see what pokemon you are missing in a route ala dexnav, or changes to breeding or something of the sort?

I don't recall hearing anything. Can they even make breeding any easier/more efficient?

Well, for features, there is... (Light to medium spoilers since the are featured in promotional materials, but there is some leaked info.)

Mantine Surf, which is a mini-game you can play to reach the individual islands by sea. It's kinda interesting and you can earn BP without fighting, although I don't think it's the quickest way to earn BP. You can get a Pikachu with Surf by earning a high score apparently.

Ultra Wormhole traveling with Solgaleo and Lunala. This requires using the motion controls to guide your Pokemon to distant wormholes. You need energy to travel far. The further the wormhole, the better the Pokemon. You can encounter Ultra Beasts in their homeland and even Legendary Pokemon (like Soaring in ORAS). This seems rather tricky though.

Rotom Loto lets you roll for O-Powers. Useful for the story, but it looks to be too random to use properly. Eg. purposely trying to stock up on hatching Experience or Hatching O-Power isn't going to happen.

6 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Whoa, that's a game-changer. Especially for Vikavolt. Is there an earlier place for Crabrawler?

Apparently there is now a patch of grass on the base of Mount Lanakila, so you can evolve Crabrawler early. The ice rock is still on Victory Road so Glaceon fans are out of luck on that front.

Edited by Lightchao42

4 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Apparently there is now a patch of grass on the base of Mount Lanakila, so you can evolve Crabrawler early. The ice rock is still on Victory Road so Glaceon fans are out of luck on that front.

Thanks!

On a related note, I know there's a Prism Scale in Kala'e Bay as well, so you can have Milotic much earlier. If you have somebody to trade with.

1 hour ago, VincentASM said:

I don't recall hearing anything. Can they even make breeding any easier/more efficient?

Well, for features, there is... (Light to medium spoilers since the are featured in promotional materials, but there is some leaked info.)

Hide contents

Mantine Surf, which is a mini-game you can play to reach the individual islands by sea. It's kinda interesting and you can earn BP without fighting, although I don't think it's the quickest way to earn BP. You can get a Pikachu with Surf by earning a high score apparently.

Ultra Wormhole traveling with Solgaleo and Lunala. This requires using the motion controls to guide your Pokemon to distant wormholes. You need energy to travel far. The further the wormhole, the better the Pokemon. You can encounter Ultra Beasts in their homeland and even Legendary Pokemon (like Soaring in ORAS). This seems rather tricky though.

Rotom Loto lets you roll for O-Powers. Useful for the story, but it looks to be too random to use properly. Eg. purposely trying to stock up on hatching Experience or Hatching O-Power isn't going to happen.

It is actually BP points? I thought it would function as a different sort of points but thats kinda cool i guess. Although it is rather easy to get BP points nowadays, specially with QR rental teams. Nevertheless Mantine Surf sounds like a really cool minigame.

The Rotom Loto sounds kind of dissappointing. But i guess it is meant to have more of a situational kind of use.

Also that sucks about Glaceon, they should have just made the entrance accessible without opening up the whole thing until later on. But it is cool other pokemon get their evos alot earlier. Particularly Vikavolt. I'd use it in my playthrough if i get the game.

Just now, SlayerX said:

Hide contents

It is actually BP points? I thought it would function as a different sort of points but thats kinda cool i guess. Although it is rather easy to get BP points nowadays, specially with QR rental teams. Nevertheless Mantine Surf sounds like a really cool minigame.

The Rotom Loto sounds kind of dissappointing. But i guess it is meant to have more of a situational kind of use.

Also that sucks about Glaceon, they should have just made the entrance accessible without opening up the whole thing until later on. But it is cool other pokemon get their evos alot earlier. Particularly Vikavolt. I'd use it in my playthrough if i get the game.

Yup, it's Battle Points. I usually get mine from storing thousands of Pokemon in Pokemon Bank, ahaha. There are even Move Tutors at three of the surfing spots, with the fourth new one at the Battle Tree (where you can learn Hyper Voice etc.).

To be fair, after you've increased affection with Rotom, you can roll the lottery very often. Like after every battle or something. But from what I've seen, it literally is a lottery. I don't think I've even seen Hatching Power yet, if it exists.

Real spoilers, although nothing major(?). Related to the ending/post-game.

It's Gladion who leaves at the end, not Lillie. Instead, Lillie sticks around as a possible partner in Battle Tree multi-battles. She has Ribombee and Comfey, so is somewhat helpful for assisting. But having an offensive partner is probably more useful, plus those two Pokemon are pretty fragile.

Also, the normal levels of Battle Tree have no level/Pokemon restrictions. Not sure if that was in Sun/Moon.

At the end of Episode RR, Giovanni talks some spiel about him holding back/not actually being defeated and he plans to find another world to take over. I guess he'll be appearing in a future game?

Speaking of Vikavolt and Crabominable evolving earlier, it turns out that I accidentally predicted them last year:

While I greatly enjoyed SuMo and think that it's better than XY, I thought the availability of some Pokémon was... really bad. Vikavolt only available once you reach the Victory Road analogue? Type: Null only available postgame? Alolan Vulpix, Sandshrew, and Crabominable only available immediately before the Elite Four? I hope that any potential third version fixes these.

In case you need a psychic to predict anything in the future, you can just let me know (though Type: Null is still postgame only, and I was wrong about Vulpix and Sandshrew being unavailable before Victory Road). In other news, here is an updated list of how many Pokémon of each type were introduced in Gen VIII (spoilers, obviously):

Spoiler
  • Normal: Pikipek, Trumbeak, Toucannon, Yungoos, Gumshoos, Stufful, Bewear, Oranguru, Type: Null, Silvally, Komala, Drampa (Rattata, Raticate) 12 (14)
  • Fire: Litten, Torracat, Incineroar, Oricorio, Salandit, Salazzle, Turtonator, Blacephalon (Marowak) 8 (9)
  • Fighting: Crabrawler, Crabominable, Stufful, Bewear, Passimian, Hakamo-o, Kommo-o, Buzzwole, Pheromosa, Marshadow 10
  • Water: Popplio, Brionne, Primarina, Wishiwashi, Mareanie, Toxapex, Dewpider, Araquanid, Wimpod, Golisopod, Pyukumuku, Bruxish, Tapu Fini 13
  • Flying: Rowlet, Dartrix, Pikipek, Trumbeak, Toucannon, Oricorio, Minior, Celesteela 8
  • Grass: Rowlet, Dartrix, Decidueye, Fomantis, Lurantis, Morelull, Shiinotic, Bousweet, Steenee, Tsareena, Dhelmise, Tapu Bulu, Kartana (Exeggutor) 13 (14)
  • Poison: Mareanie, Toxapex, Salandit, Salazzle, Nihilego, Poiple, Naganadel (Grimer, Muk) 7 (9)
  • Electric: Charjabug, Vikavolt, Oricorio, Togedemaru, Tapu Koko, Xerkitree, Zeraora (Raichu, Geodude, Graveler, Golem) 7 (11)
  • Ground: Mudbray, Mudsdale, Sandygast, Palossand (Diglett, Dugtrio) 4 (6)
  • Psychic: Oricorio, Oranguru, Bruxish, Tapu Lele, Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo, Lunala, Necrozma (Raichu) 9 (10)
  • Rock: Rockruff, Lycanroc, Minior, Nihilego, Stakataka (Geodude, Graveler, Golem) 5 (8)
  • Ice: Crabominable (Sandshrew, Sandslash, Vulpix, Ninetales) 1 (5)
  • Bug: Grubbin, Charjabug, Vikavolt, Cutiefly, Ribombee, Dewpider, Araquanid, Wimpod, Golisopod, Buzzwole, Pheromosa 11
  • Dragon: Turtonator, Drampa, Jangmo-o, Hakamo-o, Kommo-o, Guzzlord, Ultra Necrozma, Naganadel (Exeggutor) 8 (9)
  • Ghost: Decidueye, Oricorio, Sandygast, Palossand, Mimikyu, Dhelmise, Lunala, Dawn Wings Necrozma, Marshadow, Blacephalon (Marowak) 10 (11)
  • Dark: Incineroar, Guzzlord (Rattata, Raticate, Meowth, Persian, Grimer, Muk) 2 (8)
  • Steel: Togedemaru, Solgaleo, Celesteela, Kartana, Dusk Mane Necrozma, Magearna, Stakataka (Sandshrew, Sandslash, Diglett, Dugtrio) 7 (11)
  • Fairy: Primarina, Cutiefly, Ribombee, Morelull, Shiinotic, Comfey, Mimikyu, Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu, Tapu Fini, Magearna (Ninetales) 12 (13)

Ice is still forever shafted...

29 minutes ago, Thane said:

Do we get more Alolan forms? Please just answer yes/no and don't reveal which pokes, if any.

Spoiler

No.

Edited by Lightchao42

Spoiler

Previous Elite 4 leaks are apparently wrong,  I just got to the Elite 4 and Hala is the one that Molayne replaces. Kahili is still there. Moylane's team is: Klefki, Metagross, Magneton, Dugtrio, and Bisharp

Edited by SmoochLips