I know it's been like two months but

I call Bunny Catria "Catribun"

haha that's cute.

1 hour ago, salinea said:

I don't much like those...

Flyno isn't bad, I'll add it.

OK, I'll add it up.

haha that's cute.

"Flyno" or "Airno" are pretty much bad idea as "-no" is insuficient identifier for Nino. What if we get wyvern Bruno, Taureno or Yuno? Not to mention there is lot of characters ending with "-on" which is close enough to be confusing. usualy alts names use at least two sylables and/or are phonetically similiar.

Edited by Tenzen12

14 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

"Flyno" or "Airno" are pretty much bad idea as "-no" is insuficient identifier for Nino. What if we get wyvern Bruno, Taureno or Yuno? Not to mention there is lot of characters ending with "-on" which is close enough to be confusing. usualy alts names use at least two sylables and/or are phonetically similiar.

But we haven't yet, so why not give it to Nino first. A lot of characters currently ending with "no", but how many of them are fliers?

Again Flyno or Skyno doesn't even sound like Nino. So why not simply gave her something that is not confusing and might not need to be changed in future? This thread isn't really  suppossed be about ourselves, but about finding simple and functional names to use in causal conversation. I certainly know Flyno wouldn't make think about Nino if I didn't read about it beforehand.

Edited by Tenzen12

4 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

Again Flyno or Skyno doesn't even sound like Nino. So why not simply gave her something that is not confusing and might not need to be changed in future? This thread isn't really  suppossed be about ourselves, but about finding simple and functional names to use in causal conversation. I certainly know Flyno wouldn't make think about Nino if I didn't read about it beforehand.

I dunno, the "-no" suffix feels fairly distinctive. You mentionned Bruno, but for Bruno it doesn't feel like one would resort to "no" the same way and he has another name.

What about Flyino, would that be sufficient to make it clear who it refers to?

Whatever her nickname is, she will do her best.

Ever since Swordhardt came, I'd taken to calling his OG version Spellhardt.

1 hour ago, Karimlan said:

Whatever her nickname is, she will do her best.

Ever since Swordhardt came, I'd taken to calling his OG version Spellhardt.

I'll add it up :)

• 2 weeks later...

SCordelia (Summer Cordelia, obviously)

SNoire (Spineless Noire)

SwInnes (Swimmer Innes)

STana (Sex-Machine Tana)

fight me

10 hours ago, mcsilas said:

S!Tana? 

S!Innes (how sinful!) 

Sinnes is go.

S!Noire. Bikinoire? Coconoire?

Oh I like Bikinoire!

S!Cordelia. Cordini? Beachdelia?

Cordini works.

5 hours ago, Yexin said:

SCordelia (Summer Cordelia, obviously)

SNoire (Spineless Noire)

SwInnes (Swimmer Innes)

Swinnes works!

5 hours ago, Yexin said:

STana (Sex-Machine Tana)

All the S!name don't really work for me anymore. With Spring starting with an S too and so many seasonals existing, it's easy to get confused.

Sword Reinhardt: Swordhardt Online (Sword Art Online), Thracia Reinhardt (the banner he was released on) Swords Are Everything (SAE Reinhardt), Linkhardt (A friend’s idea because, you know, Master Sword), Redhardt, The Other Reinhardt 

Magic Reinhardt: Sibling Reinhardt or Sibling Bonds Reinhardt (The banner he was released on), Magic is Everything (MiE Reinhardt), Magehardt, The Reinhardt (Memes)

Legendary Lyn: Blade Lord Lyn, Bladelyn (Promoted Bow-Weilding class from her source game)

Christmas Lissa: Lissmas

Edited by Arcphoenix

@salinea Hmm true, although I don't think Tana would be a character with more than one alt, compared to say, Lucina or Lyn.

Kind of tricky since Tana has a short name, like Nino.

How about SumTana then? At least it flows decently

Also maybe Shoredelia for a more summery name?

@Arcphoenix Oooh I like Redhardt! Short and to the point!

17 hours ago, Arcphoenix said:

Sword Reinhardt: Swordhardt Online (Sword Art Online), Thracia Reinhardt (the banner he was released on) Swords Are Everything (SAE Reinhardt), Linkhardt (A friend’s idea because, you know, Master Sword), Redhardt, The Other Reinhardt 

Magic Reinhardt: Sibling Reinhardt or Sibling Bonds Reinhardt (The banner he was released on), Magic is Everything (MiE Reinhardt), Magehardt, The Reinhardt (Memes)

Legendary Lyn: Blade Lord Lyn, Bladelyn (Promoted Bow-Weilding class from her source game)

I call Sword Reinhardt "Neinhardt" (New Reinhardt, also "nein" mean "no" in german so i fount it funny)

Legendary Lyn for me is GLyn (Green Lyn, very easy, also because i hate "LLyn")

the christmas guys for me are

1) Charja, Christmas Tharja, which casually happens to be a reference to the pokemon charjabug

2) ChRobin, Christmas Robin, with a reference to the pseudo-homosexual relation some people believe he has with chrom (chro-bin)

3) CHrom, because "CHChom" would be stupid af, so the first "ch" is enhanced 

4) ChLissa, Christmas Lissa, which almost sounds like "Eclissi", "Eclipse" in italian, because she's an armor unit, just like zelgius and the BK, the only two characters with black luna ("eclipse" in radiant dawn)

Edited by Yexin

I guess you could call Summer Tana, Summer Tan since that is what a lot of folks do at the beach. But its not like that is much shorter. Maybe Beach Tan? Just Tan I suppose could also work assuming there are no characters named Tan in FE that I am unaware of. Could also end up applying to any beach hero. So throwing Tana on the end for Tan Tana might be needed for distinguishing purposes.

As for Innes. Abnnes. Just look at that buff bod! Plus it and axe both start with an A. . . ok I am stretching a bit now. I would say just call him Abs that way we have Abs and Tan, but given the physical structure of the heroes in the game that could literally be anyone.

The other two I haven't thought about much since they weren't on my wish list. Cordelia wouldn't be bad, but I am not willing to push for her. Still maybe Sheldelia. If I recall right she specifically references shells in her line so. . . But I say @mcsilas's Shoredelia roles off the tongue better between those two.

1 hour ago, Usana said:

I guess you could call Summer Tana, Summer Tan since that is what a lot of folks do at the beach. But its not like that is much shorter. Maybe Beach Tan? Just Tan I suppose could also work assuming there are no characters named Tan in FE that I am unaware of. Could also end up applying to any beach hero. So throwing Tana on the end for Tan Tana might be needed for distinguishing purposes.

Suntan is a word you know. And that is appropriately short, so SunTan can work.

The only issue is someone might think you mean Summer (Duke) Tanas- Summer Oliver.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

On 20/06/2018 at 11:03 PM, Arcphoenix said:

Swordhardt Online is kinda funny, I'll add it. Not sure about the others, but since someone seconded Redhardt, I'll also add it.

I like Bladelyn and Lissmas!

17 hours ago, Yexin said:

I call Sword Reinhardt "Neinhardt" (New Reinhardt, also "nein" mean "no" in german so i fount it funny)

Legendary Lyn for me is GLyn (Green Lyn, very easy, also because i hate "LLyn")

I'll add Glyn.

the christmas guys for me are

1) Charja, Christmas Tharja, which casually happens to be a reference to the pokemon charjabug

That works.

2) ChRobin, Christmas Robin, with a reference to the pseudo-homosexual relation some people believe he has with chrom (chro-bin)

Chrobin is for the ship; so having it for a character is confusing.

3) CHrom, because "CHChom" would be stupid af, so the first "ch" is enhanced

Too relient on spelling to work.

4) ChLissa, Christmas Lissa, which almost sounds like "Eclissi", "Eclipse" in italian, because she's an armor unit, just like zelgius and the BK, the only two characters with black luna ("eclipse" in radiant dawn)

... too vague.

15 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Suntan is a word you know. And that is appropriately short, so SunTan can work.

The only issue is someone might think you mean Summer (Duke) Tanas- Summer Oliver.

SunTan or SunTana works for Tana I guess!

(fuck Oliver).

18 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Also maybe Shoredelia for a more summery name?

That works!

Edited by salinea