King Garon is a ripoff of Ganondorf!

ViceTOLUCT

1 hour ago, Giffany~chan said:

don't recall Ganon ever being royalty in any game, but whatever, I guess. In some games he doesn't even have the Triforce of Power yet

Ganon is supposed to be king of the Gerudo tribe.

A single man is born every 100 years and he gets to be king. I imagine Ganon has a lot of fun being the only male around. 

I know these are joke threads, but I almost genuinely agree with this one.

I mean, both are irredeemable bastards that you wind up having to fight no matter which game you play.

Spoiler

I know Garon's eaten by Anankos in Revelation, but...  I guess you still technically kill him when you kill Anankos?

Edited by Ertrick36

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

A single man is born every 100 years and he gets to be king. I imagine Ganon has a lot of fun being the only male around. 

I feel like a male being the leader of a tribe of women is fucking stupid.

1 hour ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

I feel like a male being the leader of a tribe of women is fucking stupid.

3 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

If I recall correctly, in Ocarina of Time Ganondorf was banished from the tribe at some point and the Gerudo wanted to bring him and the Twinrova witches to justice.  In fact, I believe the reason why the Gerudo are so hostile to outsiders and capture all the carpenters when Link becomes an adult is because Ganon made them weary of men and his actions - which led to their female leader being trapped in a temple for seven years - made them overreact to outsiders for the sake of self-preservation.  And not only that, but even before he was banished, certain Gerudo leaders - like Nabooru, the eventual Spirit Sage - opposed his wicked ways.  It would seem that his actions had long-lasting consequences as well, since even as far into the future as Breath of the Wild is the Gerudo have banished men from entering their town.

Some leader he was.  By his actions as the sole male Gerudo, he managed to turn the Gerudo culture into one of misandry and xenophobia for generations to come.  I imagine they'd only keep the king around just so that they can continue to produce pure Gerudo.

36 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

If I recall correctly, in Ocarina of Time Ganondorf was banished from the tribe at some point and the Gerudo wanted to bring him and the Twinrova witches to justice.  In fact, I believe the reason why the Gerudo are so hostile to outsiders and capture all the carpenters when Link becomes an adult is because Ganon made them weary of men and his actions - which led to their female leader being trapped in a temple for seven years - made them overreact to outsiders for the sake of self-preservation.  And not only that, but even before he was banished, certain Gerudo leaders - like Nabooru, the eventual Spirit Sage - opposed his wicked ways.  It would seem that his actions had long-lasting consequences as well, since even as far into the future as Breath of the Wild is the Gerudo have banished men from entering their town.

Some leader he was.  By his actions as the sole male Gerudo, he managed to turn the Gerudo culture into one of misandry and xenophobia for generations to come.  I imagine they'd only keep the king around just so that they can continue to produce pure Gerudo.

It's been a long time since I played OoT, but I don't think he was ever banished from the Gerudo. If I recall, only Nabooru openly opposed Ganon. The rest were either too afraid or had no idea what was truly going on. Also, there were rumours of brainwashing experiments; rumours that proved true in the case of Nabooru...

Gerudo banning men, if I recall, had nothing to do with Ganon. I think it had to do with the fact that, despite the need for Hylain men to reproduce, the Gerudo do not trust Hylain men. And yes; they do need Hylain men. Think about it; every "pure Gerudo" would thus be half-siblings at the very least. The gene pool would become so small...

Going back to the Garon/Ganon thing. Yeah; there are lots of parallels between them. Though Ganon is usually the one who hijacks the role of main villain from others, not the one whose role as main villain gets hijacked...

4 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

If I recall correctly, in Ocarina of Time Ganondorf was banished from the tribe at some point and the Gerudo wanted to bring him and the Twinrova witches to justice.

That's Four Swords Adventures Ganondorf.

And it's just the bizarre biology of the OoT Gerudo which causes them to have 1 male in 100 years.

Also, I found this clear Ganondorf knockoff:

Spoiler

latest?cb=20110920140140

8 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I imagine Ganon has a lot of fun being the only male around. 

He'd be very angry if he discovered what Link was doing after the Sages sealed him away. An entire generation of Gerudo sharing a single father who possesses legendary strength and spirit. They'd also have Hylian royal and Hylian farmhand siblings.

Oh uh Garon? What's to compare? Ganondorf knows how to rock a mane, Garon has elaborate but ugly facial hair.

On 11/8/2017 at 4:14 PM, Etrurian emperor said:

right, i forgot about that 

*facepalms*

True, they are pretty similar in that they are both cartoonishly evil for the sake of being evil... except Wind Waker Ganondorf, I believe and even then, in Skyward Sword we learn that every incarnation of Ganon(dorf) is BORN evil and that he is in fact DESTINED to be evil.

Why is Ganondorf an "iconic villain" again?