Times You've Dodged the Desire Sensor (aka Fastest Wanted Focus Pulls)

mcsilas

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

I think he’s referring to how B!Lyn is the abbreviation used for Brave Lyn rather than Bride Lyn.

I mean, you’re not wrong though.

Oh yeah, forgot about that, these abbreviations are gonna start to get annoying if this keeps up, can't wait to have like 8 different lucinas.

1 hour ago, thecrimsonflash said:

pulled them one after the other, I know that in all likelyhood that shouldn't have happened but even ftp players get really lucky on occasion.

Goddammit, after @MrSmokestack 's comment, I realized how I forgot about Bride Lyn's existence..... my bad and my apologies..... I'll go to sleep....

Just now, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Goddammit, after @MrSmokestack 's comment, I realized how I forgot about Bride Lyn's existence..... my bad and my apologies..... I'll go to sleep....

its fine, I never thought about the possibility that B!lyn could be mistaken for someone else.

1 minute ago, thecrimsonflash said:

its fine, I never thought about the possibility that B!lyn could be mistaken for someone else.

You were even entirely right without having to think about it, since B! was first used for Bride, while BH! should be correct for Brave Lyn. So yeah, I concur, this will get obnoxious in the future.

To not be completely useless to the topic, here are my two examples of "defeating" the vicious gacha system.

- first Hero Fest banner: Ryoma in one session, followed by two back-to-back Ryomas in the very next session (He's been a staple since)

- summoning all dancers that I wanted from the dancer banner (only missing Shigure, but that's fine, don't really care for him) and even have two Inigos and Axuras, the latter being especially helpful for training sessions.

It was at the start of the game. I wanted a 5* Camilla and my first pull in this game was 5* Camilla.
But I think this was to bait me for this game. D=

I can't say that Ayra is the unit I totally wanted, but I avoided the evil move with drawing her on my free pull.

I can think of two distinct times... my luck is generally pretty rotten the majority of the time otherwise.

1. I yolo summoned for Nephenee and got her on the second blue orb. I was in tears. Tears of joy because I got her, tears of sadness because she's -Spd, and tears of terror because my wife likes doing my pulls and I was terrified of her reaction that I got someone I was going for without her hahahaha ;;;
  2. I got the 5* focus version of a!Tiki on my free summon for the dragon voting gauntlet focus-- the fastest I've ever gotten a focus unit I wanted, just after Neph. Always nice to get free merge fodder for my best girl.

IDK if I'd count these but I did get lucky pulling Ninian and then Sonya rather quickly during the second Echoes tempest trial, when both of them were focus characters and I was worried about my poor F2P orb count not being enough to get both of them. Had to go for Ninian first because I WANT dragon emblem dammit, and if I got her quickly enough (which I did) I was gonna scramble to get Sonya for her bonus in TT (which I also did) so that was pretty lucky. 

Edited by BANRYU

From the free summon: Ephraim, Deirdre, Nowi

In general: I got super lucky with the Performing Arts banner and summoned Inigo and Azura in the same summoning session.  Naga's blessings were upon me when I summoned  Nephenee and Halloween Nowi.  Also, Summer Tiki was my first 5-star unit, which was pretty cool.

Only a couple times have I been so fortunate.

• On the Spring banner I really wanted Camilla and got her on my second green orb. And the first green orb was a 5* Fae. 
  • On Ike's introduction banner I got him on my second red orb. 
  • +atk Elincia on the Elincia/Neph banner within about 30 orbs, which was amazing
  • I guess I could count Karel, being a free summon 5* pull from the current long haired gents banner, but he wasn't the focus unit I actually wanted. 

Otherwise my luck's been pretty bad and it usually takes me a lot of orbs to get what I want, or even more often I don't get them at all. 

Units that I've wanted specifically and have gotten them quickly include, most recently, Deidre who I got on my free pull on her banner. I thank my lucky stars for that one!
Other notable ones are regular Azura and Takumi from the first Hero Fest, both of whom I got on my very first summoning session on that banner. Ironically, that banner remains the one I spent the most money on... and still no Hector! D:

Other than those, there's Brave Ike, Julia, Lyn, Delthea, Male Robin, Summer Tiki, normal Ike, Soren, and Kitty Sakura! Wow, looking back I've been pretty darn lucky >>

But other than these, I've had to spend quite a few orbs to get the units I want, and of course don't have all of them to this day. Like Elincia, Summer Corrin and Summer Elise, all of which were at the very end of those banners. Still, rather happy with their presence :)

That's a really tricky question. I think there hasn't been many occasions were I got what I wanted right away, mostly because I tend to go for multiple characters when I decide to commit on a banner. Here are my most memorable moments.

- Getting an off banner Ephraim as a free pull. Totally not who I expected, but a nice surprise.

- Getting Inigo as the free summon on the PA banner.

- Getting Shigure right after Inigo on that same session ( 2 five stars for 4 orbs? I'll take it!!)

- Getting all four dancers in 70 orbs after that initial summoning session (yes, Sigure and Inigo showed up again, plus a wild Titania).

- Getting both S! Robin and S! Tiki on the same session. Take that desire factor!

- Getting H! Nowi right after Lyn broke my pitty rate.

- Getting Julia, Ike and Genny within 40 orbs on the second HF.

- Getting an off banner Hinoka right after getting B! Cordelia on the previous session.

My extremely lucky +Atk/-Spd 5-star Reinhardt pull from the VS. Zephiel banner. Literally the first thing I pulled from that banner and also my very first Reinhardt pull.

Edited by Roflolxp54

-Getting M!Tiki as my free pull during the dragon gauntlet.

-Pulling Sonya on the first session of the third TT banner.

Usually I'm not that lucky (See: The banner where I keep getting FrankenJakob)

Hinoka was the second blue orb on her original banner on fliers gauntlet.

Minerva was like, the second round of orbs on Battling Michalis, and on her BHB banner she was the free pull

Hector was 66 orbs on Hero Fest 1

Celica is 32 orbs on her OG banner

and most recently and importantly

Ryoma on the first round of orbs on gauntlet banner, third red orb, +spd -hp motherfuckers

Edited by Thor Odinson

For me it was Bridal Cordelia, Spring Camilla, and I think Brave Lyn considering I have three of her.

Edit: Also on alt accounts. +Spd/-Def Sonya (and another Sonya in the exact same session), +Spd/-Res Ike, +Spd/-Res Julia, and Takumi.

Edited by Logos

I've gotten a few lucky pulls, but for the most part, the desire sensor makes me work for what I want. I'm sure there have been more since I basically consider getting a 5* in under 100 orbs lucky...

I got Eldigan on my first summon from the Fury banner. I just about cried because I had been debating about pulling, and when I got him in 5 orbs, it was the best day ever. XD Ephraim (+ATK -HP)  was my free pull on Celica's Tempest Trial banner. In the same summon, I managed to get a +SPD -RES Celica as well. And on that same banner, I think I spent about another 20 orbs and got Gray (+ATK -HP). On the Sacred Stones banner, I pulled my free green stone hoping for Amelia and was disappointed... But I decided to pull the blue stone as well and got +ATK -HP Tana! However...I had to work for Amelia... I was lucky to get Minerva rather easily on one of her banners... Maybe after 3 or so summons, and on the same banner, my free pull was a 5* Hawkeye (+ATK -SPD). On the second PoR banner, I managed to get Nephenee with about 70 orbs, and I didn't get spooked by Oscar or anyone else, so I consider that pretty lucky since the last time I hunted for a character I really wanted Leon, it took about 200 orbs... ;A; Same with Sigurd. He took about 200 orbs as well...

Now that I look at it, all of my luck was kind of concentrated over the summer. XD I haven't been quite so lucky lately...

I can think of a lot of my best summoning moments.

1) Getting Roderick on the free summon of the Blade banner

2) Getting Peri on the free summon of the Threathen Def banner.

3) Getting Elincia on the free summon of the Dauntless Crimeans banner.

4) Getting Sonya on the free summon of the Minerva and Maria BHB banner.

5) Getting PA!Azura after 25 orbs and a better natured Julia after 30 orbs on the Performing Arts Banners

6) Getting Taitilu after 45 orbs and Sigurd after 53 orbs on the Geneolgy banner

7) Getting H!Nowi after 45 orbs on the Halloween Banner

8) Getting Both Hinoka and Takumi after 5 orbs on the short haired ladies banner

9) Getting a 5 star Rienhardt after only 20 orbs on the short ladies banner.

The best part? All of these orbs were F2P orbs :P:

Edited by Poimagic

So far, I have managed it only once - that was the Elincia banner - wanted her badly (I was f2p back then), got her right after my free pull with decent +atk IV.

Other than that its pretty tought to get the unit I want - after spending some more money recently (to put it mildly) and acquiring a nice batch of units I think I have reached the point where more isnt necessarily better - gonna have to cut back on summoning and orb spending for now - probably gonna be fivestarring and merging units in the near future.

Gacha is unpredictable and annoying most of the time

I summoned Ninian immediately back then which made me incredibly happy. I think I managed to summon Alm, Genny and B!Ike on the first sessions as well. Otherwise I'm just pretty unlucky with pulling focus units on their respective banner, but usually pull them later - like Ike on a free summon, when I used 200+ orbs on his original banner... Urgh.

My quickest was B!Ike I got him on my first green pull from the CYL banner and the second quickest was H!Henry got him on the third pull from his banner.