Fire Emblem: Shadows Of Magvel. V1.0

ViceTOLUCT

Okay, I wouldn't normally bother with a patch if the creator can't be arsed to explain what it does, but I had some time so I played it through chapter 2. So far, it doesn't look to be a "remake" so much as "FE8 but with Gaiden characters" - no map or dialogue changes I could see (though I started skipping text if the first lines didn't seem changed). Only names/portraits and stats appear altered.

Ly8ohM1.png

First of all, what the fresh hell is this?! She took like 10 turns to kill them all, although it ultimately doesn't matter because unbreakable weapons.

...there are also a lot of little things that make me wonder. Why is Celica a myrm? I mean, obviously she'll need a custom class if she's going to work the way she does in Gaiden, but how is changing her into a generic class an improvement? Why is Leon the Jeigan? (If you need one, Nomah would make more sense; if not, one of her original starting companions would be more suitable, or even Saber.) Why recruit two soldiers in chapter 1? Why no healer? Why is Seibah of all people a thief when his entire character is "being a mercenary"? I'm just kinda... not sure where you're going with this at all.

On the plus side, Dorcas makes a fine Atlas, and I did get a chuckle out of the bandits' portraits and killing Anna in the prologue.

Okay, Here's what the patch does:

1. It replaces the cast with Gaiden characters.

2. It replaces the legendary weapons with Gaiden/50 shades of Valentia legendary weapons.

3. It gives every weapon their Gaiden/50 shades of Valentia stats, In other words, Weapons are MUCH weaker than they usually are, But they never break to make up for it.

4. Some bosses are characters from other FE games.

5. Lukas and Forsyth have the ability to promote into Halberdier's.

6. Mage Knights have been renamed to Dark Knights and can use Dark Magic.

Upcoming changes:

1. Wil hopefully give Dread Fighters a magic damage reduction ability.

2. Will allow Celica to gain the ability to use Magic (Or at least upon promotion).

3. Will give Sol the Nosferatu effect.

• 2 weeks later...

I've  never played any FE game that came before the GBA series, so I'm kinda appreciating what you're doing with this hack. Although it would be more exciting if you can change the plot to what it should be, I mean, that's the main reason why I'm here.

To be honest I'm no Hacker so I have no idea how difficult it is to make a FE hack, but I'll be cheering for ya, thanks for the good work!

58 minutes ago, Warlock said:

To be honest I'm no Hacker so I have no idea how difficult it is to make a FE hack, but I'll be cheering for ya, thanks for the good work!

Working on a Rom Hack isn't all that difficult if you keep it basic and don't try to change too much ASM wise. It's more of a story and the knowledge of what exactly you're doing/keeping balance.

This was little more than opening Nightmare for 20 minutes, feditor for 5, then NUPs for 30 seconds

Edited by Attila