Is Radiant Dawn worth playing?

Why are people talking about a major plot important concept without spoilers? 

Spoiler

The blood pact is supposed to be a plot twist and for it to have a dramatic effect, the OP shouldn't know about it irrespective of how good of a plot twist it is. 

People think it is a cheap way of getting two parties to fight each other but the blood pact is essentially blackmail which is a plausible tactic and not a mere cheap trick that is used in real life as well. Furthermore, it beats mind controlling or someone becoming insane and losing their free will which for whatever reason gets a pass when it comes to making two parties fight even though at least with the blood pact, the victims still have some leeway in what they do and are not just mindless robots/tools/drones. 

If you enjoyed Path of radinace, you will indeed enjoy Radiant dawn. So I highly recommend it 100%.

In my opinion Radinat Dawn has, not only the best gameplay in the series but also the most intriguing plot in the entire series.

Spoiler

Most people claim that the blood pact is an incredibly forced plot device that makes the story infinitely worse, and is just there to give a reason for Daein to fight against Ike. But is it really so contrived? Begnion being the most powerful country and having access to the most powerful magical items, such as the reward staff, rescue etc can very well develop a blood pack to maintain control.

It isn't that difficult to understand either , obey the Senate or they will destroy you and your entire country. But it only works if the binding agent is still intact.

In order to destroy this pack two requirements are to be fulfilled.

1) destroy the document 

2) kill either the owner or the victim

Also it wasn't mentioned in Path of Radinace but it was highly implied.

It isn't flawless but it's a damn good game and you'll enjoy it immensely, if you liked the plot and Characters of Path of radinace that is.

Even before I played this game, I found it to be my favourite FE game even before playing it when I watched an LP where both Mangs and Ray took turns trashing the game. Then I played it myself and enjoyed it more. Now I'm watching Deltre's LP and liking the game even more. Usually, after going through a game more times, you start to not like it as much but I have an opposite reaction to this game. 

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't find the story convoluted, despite being my first FE ever (it generally makes a good job for you to keep-up with the events of PoR, which I have yet to play). It is true that the supports are lackluster, but I find the game incredible. The real question is: is it worth to buy a WII for it? Radiant Dawn is one of the very few outstanding games in that console, sadly 

I would encourage you to give it a shot, in the first place it's a continuation of the Tellius saga which overall is an excellent narrative. Secondly Radiant Dawn has some of the BEST gameplay  mechanics, models and animations, etc. I think you'll have a blast with it especially since you've played PoR already. For me it was my first FE game and I still loved it, fortunately for me I did have some experience playing chess both with people and against a computer so I think that helped ease me into what some may consider one of the hardest FE games besides Thracia 776. The music is incredible etc, there are so many great things about that I can't recommend it enough.