That was a nice touch

DisobeyedCargo

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

I really liked how they added special dialogue between certain characters in their dual warrior specials. It's the kind small detail that I really like.

too bad its between characters who have no supports, why does lyn refer to ryoma by name if she never speaks to him?

I hope someone eventually makes a video compiling all these. It would at least be nice to have a list of which pairs have special dialogue, but going through everyone will be a chore. Shame these battle lines aren't in each character's voiced line listing.

3 hours ago, Florete said:

I hope someone eventually makes a video compiling all these. It would at least be nice to have a list of which pairs have special dialogue, but going through everyone will be a chore. Shame these battle lines aren't in each character's voiced line listing.

hmmm... There probably is one somewhere.

I remember Camilla and Robin have special line... And most of the Fates royals in most combos do to. Cordelia and Xander (or Leo, it was one of them, or both) share a line. That's all I can recall off the top of my head. Ill hunt when I do missions. 

I should also mention that the special dialogue changes depending on who is the Vanguard and who is the Support.

Edited by TheTuckingFypo

8 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

I remember Camilla and Robin have special line... And most of the Fates royals in most combos do to. Cordelia and Xander (or Leo, it was one of them, or both) share a line. That's all I can recall off the top of my head. Ill hunt when I do missions. 

I should also mention that the special dialogue changes depending on who is the Vanguard and who is the Support.

Oh, I didn't even notice that.

Just now, DisobeyedCargo said:

Oh, I didn't even notice that.

Yeah, because it'd be awkward if it went both ways. Like, Camilla and Elise's special line (the one Elise asks for camilla's help) wouldn't make sense if Camillas line came first.

Leo and Corrin do not share a dual support line from what i hear so far. ;_; 

1 minute ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Yeah, because it'd be awkward if it went both ways. Like, Camilla and Elise's special line (the one Elise asks for camilla's help) wouldn't make sense if Camillas line came first.

Leo and Corrin do not share a dual support line from what i hear so far. ;_; 

Okay, that's... odd, especially since corrin's class is NOHRIAN royal 

Just now, DisobeyedCargo said:

Uhhh, tomatoes....?

Yup!

When Leo activates the Dual support.

Corrin: Leo, win, and my tomato stash is yours!
Leo: Really?!?!?! Excellent! (You face us now.)

His voice even cracks, its great!

---

There's no special line when Corrin activates the dual support.

Leo: There's no time like the present.
Corrin: You can leave it to me!

43 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Camilla seems oddly enamoured with Robin. Guess Robin's just cursed to always draw the attention of the dark fanservice women.

Just now, Anomalocaris said:

Camilla seems oddly enamoured with Robin. Guess Robin's just cursed to always draw the attention of the dark fanservice women.

Lol. 

So yes, I'll focus on finding who has special dual support dialogue. I'll start with Leo, since his Awakening gauge fills the fastest.

Just now, TheTuckingFypo said:

Lol. 

So yes, I'll focus on finding who has special dual support dialogue. I'll start with Leo, since his Awakening gauge fills the fastest.

...Yeah. Okay. Awakening gauge. Let's go with that as the reason you're starting with Leo. :P

4 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Doesn't she act like that to everyone though?

To an extent, though she takes particular notice of Robin when they meet up in the story, and uses the same kind of language she usually reserves for her younger siblings and retainers.

6 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

To an extent, though she takes particular notice of Robin when they meet up in the story, and uses the same kind of language she usually reserves for her younger siblings and retainers.

The only time she even seems to acknowledge him is around the end, and it seems about like what she does to the others.

8 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Doesn't she act like that to everyone though?

1 minute ago, Anomalocaris said:

Yeah, what you said here.

--

I have noticed something with the generic dual support dialogue. For generic dialogue, there are two things a warrior could say for  when they are a support unit, and two for when they are in vanguard (at least with Leo). When activated, the lines will be dependent on what the other says. So in other words, if Leo says generic dual line A, his support (i.e. Lissa) will always reply with generic dual response A.

So the generic dual support line have 4 possible outcomes, compared to the two outcomes for the special lines between certain characters. 

That is all thus far.

10 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Yeah, what you said here.

--

I have noticed something with the generic dual support dialogue. For generic dialogue, there are two things a warrior could say for  when they are a support unit, and two for when they are in vanguard (at least with Leo). When activated, the lines will be dependent on what the other says. So in other words, if Leo says generic dual line A, his support (i.e. Lissa) will always reply with generic dual response A.

So the generic dual support line have 4 possible outcomes, compared to the two outcomes for the special lines between certain characters. 

That is all thus far.

I've got an oddity I'd like to point out.

When I was doing Warriors against Fate, I had Robin paired up with Lucina. When Lucina initiates a Dual Attack, Robin opens by saying "Are you with me, Lucina?", which is obviously specific to her, but sometimes he'd just say "For Chrom!" instead, with Lucina having a different response (which I don't remember). I've never heard characters have more than one Dual Attack quote with a specific partner like that.

Not sure if having Chrom active on the map influenced that, or if it was exclusive to that Reward Map, or something else.

I've got an oddity I'd like to point out.

When I was doing Warriors against Fate, I had Robin paired up with Lucina. When Lucina initiates a Dual Attack, Robin opens by saying "Are you with me, Lucina?", which is obviously specific to her, but sometimes he'd just say "For Chrom!" instead, with Lucina having a different response (which I don't remember). I've never heard characters have more than one Dual Attack quote with a specific partner like that.

Not sure if having Chrom active on the map influenced that, or if it was exclusive to that Reward Map, or something else.

At least one of those I think is A rank exclusive as some do get more with an A rank even without a conversation. 

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

At least one of those I think is A rank exclusive as some do get more with an A rank even without a conversation. 

I was considering that too, yeah. They were A-Rank when I did that mission.

That complicates things, especially since the two of them don't even have a support convo. Now we gotta test every character combination at A-Rank.

Edited by Anomalocaris

I was considering that too, yeah. They were A-Rank when I did that mission.

That complicates things, especially since the two of them don't even have a support convo. Now we gotta test every character combination at A-Rank.

Indeed. I know Robin and Cordelia have one (I think Robin has at least one with all the Awakening cast), but I'm not sure what the A rank one may be. Or multiple given that it gives Robin and Lucina at least three counting both vanguards.