Facing Corrin Nohr Deck

Motts

Anyone have any advice to face off against a Corrin main where he also runs all the Nohr siblings? The new corrin is incredibly powerful and the Nohr siblings make it even worse with all of their field clearing skills using bonds like Leo and Corrin's skill. I currently run a pure yellow Ayra deck with leif, nanna, olwen, and erin being my other main offensive units. He used to run a Nohr deck with xander lead and I was able to hold my ground against him before, but Corrins +10 damage skill, bond place unit killing skill and starting off with 80 damage makes it very difficult for me to face her now. Anyone have any advice?

On 11/13/2017 at 11:04 AM, Motts said:

Anyone have any advice to face off against a Corrin main where he also runs all the Nohr siblings? The new corrin is incredibly powerful and the Nohr siblings make it even worse with all of their field clearing skills using bonds like Leo and Corrin's skill. I currently run a pure yellow Ayra deck with leif, nanna, olwen, and erin being my other main offensive units. He used to run a Nohr deck with xander lead and I was able to hold my ground against him before, but Corrins +10 damage skill, bond place unit killing skill and starting off with 80 damage makes it very difficult for me to face her now. Anyone have any advice?

Now, Corrins gimmick is very hard to top (she's one of the best Main Characters right now). Uhm... I can't really say anything to be honest. If you ask me, a good MC to play against her would be Al, and that's only after he reaches the pinnacle of 80 attack. Another decent MC to play against Female Corrin would be Marth (he gives hand advantage and also deals extra damage towards dragons, yes Corrin is a dragon woo boy).

Other ideas are running specific cards to play against it, such as Tiena (anti-dragon tech), Azura (Cost 4 Black, same deal as Tiena), Eliwood (Cost 5, spawns out units to help attack Corrin and also has dragon slayer)... it's pretty hard to come up with decks to fight Female Corrin at the moment actually. Good luck I guess.

Cipherfaire's video on the new cost 6 female Corrin in the previous post above is really good and helps explain how her decks typically work and what you can play against her weaknesses in detail. Vince touched on some of those points as well.

I don't have too much to add, but I'd like to mention one other option you may also consider is splashing Deirdre 4/3 since she has an anti-dragon tech skill where non-leader dragon foes remain untapped at the start of the opponent's turn at no cost, hindering their utility considerably and affordably. I don't think she's as good as Tiena's destruction/card draw ability, but Deirdre is another noteworthy option and can be a way to add in some other yellow cards you may want to mix in a deck to counter female Corrin.

Edited by Prince of Iris

7 minutes ago, Motts said:

@Prince of Iris sadly corrin is his lead so Deirdre effect doesn't apply :/ haha. But thanks for the video! 

I didn't mention Deirdre because she would directly hinder female Corrin. Deirdre is still a relevant counter against a female Corrin deck because Deirdre's skill will target other dragon characters who female Corrin will also commonly play like Tiki and Nowi. Tiena's skill doesn't target the leader either for comparison.

Edited by Prince of Iris

35 minutes ago, Motts said:

@Prince of Iris oh okay haha. Sadly he doesn't use other dragons. Just corrin and the nohr siblings!

Oh, you mean the other player you're having trouble with. Sorry, I did forget about that detail after reading the other responses. In that case, Deirdre isn't really going to help you, but it is worth knowing why she can be valuable against other female Corrin decks.

If your opponent's female Corrin deck is really using no one else but the Nohrian royals, then the lack of bond acceleration exposes one of female Corrin's major drawbacks: she has absolutely no way to be promoted to her cost 6 until turn 5 at the earliest. I would suggest thinking of a deck where your deck can take advantage of this fact.

Another idea would be to use Marth against this kind of deck, because Marth has a variety of cards which have access to Falchion or Rapier skills that allow him to effectively remove any of the royals with ease due to all of them being mounted or a dragon, unless they're playing anything like Maid Elise or Nohrian King Xander where that wouldn't apply.

Edited by Prince of Iris

• 4 weeks later...

Ah, Femui. How do I count the ways you've screwed me over? SPOILER It's not possible, the number's too high.

Unless your friend is running the Cost 3/2 or 4/3 Female Corrin, they'll be vulnerable early on, and even if they're running those they pretty much NEED to open the game with them in your starting hand to insure the deck can hold its own for the first bit. You should capitalize on that with Units that can get ready early on, and that may be your biggest problem depending on how set you are on playing your current list - a lot of Yellow Decks I've seen need quite a bit of time to set up, and in a prolonged fight Femui wins 90% of the time. Kurthnaga fieldnuke and Ike's Aether are the only things I've seen save someone lategame vs Femui, and you have to be careful setting Kurthnaga up so the other guy doesn't just nuke you before you're ready, while Ike…Ike really works best as an MC, so you'd pretty much have to transfer to an Ike deck. I don't have any major examples of Decks that can set up on Femui before she gets ready, particularly not if your friend is running the other siblings as well, but if they don't run any non-sibling cards Jaffar might be a decent shot. I've managed to gain a little success with Exalt Chrom as MC in a Blue-White deck, but it's kind of iffy as Chrom usually needs time to set up and that doesn't really work well against Femui. Really, your best bet is probably to run cards that are low-cost with decent attack so you can spam a couple early on and hopefully catch your foe before he gets set up. Wish I could offer better than this, but I'm afraid this is the best I can do.