Favorite anime OPs/EDs?

CWGameplay

I love anime a lot.  And even more than that, I love music.  So obviously I love anime openings.  The combination of great music, beautiful visuals, and well done cinematography make watching a good opening a treat at the beginning of every episode, and I almost never skip an opening.  Following that same logic, EDs are the perfect way to end an episode, leaving me thinking about what just happened in the episode and hungry for more if the show.

So what are your favorite opening and ending themes?  There are so many different types of openings, it's super hard to choose for me personally, but here are some of my favorites!

Secret Base (Anohana) - Anohana is the only show to date that's made me cry, and this song evokes that perfect feeling.  It was the song that played whenever a sad event was going on at the end of an episode, and just hits your heart in all the perfect places, topping it all off with bittersweet visuals that pull your heartstrings.  It's nothing complex or inventive, but it does everything it wants to do perfectly.

Lilium (Elfen Lied) - I've never had an anime opening scare me before I watched this opening.  It's beautiful, spine chilling, and leaves you unnerved and ready to watch the slaughter of a show that's to come.  There's no real way to describe the feeling the opening gives, so I'd suggest you watch it yourself to get the full experience.

Hello, World (Kekkai Sensen) - This OP surprised me.  I went into this show without very high expectations, expecting another action show without much difference to others.  The first episode didn't exactly draw me in that much either.  But as soon as that opening started on the second episode, I was immediately sucked into the beautiful mixture of bright lights and seeing through the main character's eyes.  Without the opening to this show, chances are I wouldn't have stuck around long enough to actually love the show.

Colors (Code Geass) - Nostalgia.  This opening reeks of nostalgia for me, and I could recognize the song anywhere.  It does a perfect job of getting you ready to watch Lelouch take on the world.  Not only that, but it manages to fit most of the cast into it (even if most of them you only see a second or so), giving you time to wonder about who a specific character is and when you'll meet them.

EVERY MONOGATARI OP/ED - Maybe I'm biased because of my love for the series, but every single OP and ED in the Monogatari Series is beautiful, inventive, or just plain fun.  Even with the huge multitude of OPs in the series, I can't say that the quality of them are low or that they aren't enjoyable.  They manage to both have quantity and quality.

I could probably go on forever, but I'm going to stop there for now.  Anyone else have any interesting things I didn't mention (or did mention)?  I'm really excited to see!

Edited by CWGameplay

Yu Yu Hakusho Opening v2
Yu Yu Hakusho Ending 3
Naruto Opening 5
Naruto Shippuden Opening 3
Naruto Shippuden Endings 15 and 29
One Piece Opening 14
Dragon Ball Opening
Saint Seiya Opening 1

Let's see....there's a lot actually

• Sono Chi no Sadame (JoJo OP 1)
  • Bloody Stream (JoJo OP 2)
  • Stand Proud (JoJo OP 3)
  • End of the World (JoJo OP 4)
  • Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town (JoJo OP 5)
  • Chase (JoJo OP 6)
  • Great Days (JoJo OP 7)
  • Snow Fairy (Fairy Tail OP 1)
  • FT (Fairy Tail OP 3)
  • Rock City Boy (Fairy Tail OP 8)
  • Fairy Tail - Promised Day (Fairy Tail OP 14)
  • Strike Back (Fairy Tail OP 16)
  • Break Out (Fairy Tail OP 18)
  • Believe in Myself (Fairy Tail OP 21)
  • Roar towards Tomorrow (Fairy Tail OP 22)
  • Deep in Abyss (Made in Abyss OP 1, also, shoutout to the entire Made in Abyss OST for sounding like it came out of Xenoblade Chronicles)
  • Flowers of the Dawn (Yona of the Dawn OP 2)
  • The Hero (One Punch Man OP 1)
  • 99 (Mob Psycho 100 OP 1)
  • Core Basis: Metamorphis (Himouto! Umaru-chan OP 1)
  • The Day (My Hero Academia OP 1)
  • Sora ni Utaeba (My Hero Academia OP 3)
  • Overnight Appointment (Noragami OP 1)
  • Hey Kids! (Noragami OP 2)
  • Gamers! (Gamers OP 1)
  • The Squid Girl OPs (i don't know the names of them)
  • Whatever the Blend S OP is called but it's mostly because of the meme it spawned even though it does have neat visuals
  • Fantastic Dreamer (Konosuba Op 1)
  • Tomorrow (Konosuba OP 2)
  • XY&Z (Pokemon Japanese OP......how many are there?)

And there's actually more to this list but i'll stop before it gets too long listen, when you ask me this type of question, i tend to have a lot of answers

And now for my favorite EDs

• Roundabout (JoJo ED 1, all memes aside, Roundabout is a good song)
  • Great Days UNITS ver (JoJo ED 5 but it's only used for the final episode of Part 4)
  • Dawn (Yona of the Dawn ED 2)
  • Wanna go Home (Konosuba ED 2)
  • Whatever the 2nd Umaru ED is called
Edited by Armagon

For the ones I can think of...

Peace Sign (My Hero Academia)

Unravel (Tokyo Ghoul)

Saturday Night Question (Netjuu no Susume)

Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei Rebroadcast has an opening I like but I can't find it...

Miiro (Kantai Collection)

There should be more but I'm not gonna bother remembering which ones right now.

Let's I will list my favorites by anime since I am bad at remembering son titles, here I go

Every Saiyuki anime has great opening and closing songs from the first season all the way to Reload Blast so I will put them in one group since I like them all

Black Butler first season's ending 

Escaflowne's intro 

Record of Lodoss war's intro  

There are more but these are my top favorites. 

I haven't seen a lot of anime (shame on me) but I do have a list of favorite OPs. No EDs because I normally don't stick around for them. This is in no particular order.

• Hikaru Nara - Your lie in April's first OP. 
  • Every single JoJo's OP.
  • Rewrite - Fullmetal Alchemist fourth OP.

Legit, all the JoJo openings. Particularly OP 4, which is  Sono Chi No Kioku. The symbolism and imagery has to be my favorite part about it; the song is awesome as well.

For your viewing pleasure:

Spoiler

Now, endings was a lot more difficult, but I had to go old school with some Cowboy Bebop Real Folk Blues.

Spoiler

Openings

Trigun - The show has an amazing opening. Shows both action and comedy elements.

Great Teacher Onizuka S1 - The monochrome is very cool, and the opening helps us remember that Eikichi Onizuka is also a loser as much as he is an idealistic hero. I don't think he ever does anything as self-destructive as painting a  target on his own stomach and shooting a mirror, but it looks so cool! RIP the replacement opening><

Death Parade - A more zany opening, based on some band's already crazy enough music video. Totally out of tone with the show.

Mushi-Shi - This show wins the "bliss out" opening. The nature shots also go way beyond being "standard" and are actually beautiful if you can focus enough to think about them.

Gungrave - A very good opening that thankfully sticks to the mafia part of the story and doesn't show anything from the sci-fi action part.

Count of Monte Cristo - The openings are mostly used to show a more intimate / reflective side of the Count. While this is dangerous close to the "recap" format, the artstyle of the show and the Count's personal magnetism make up for it.

Ranma 1/2 - CHILDHOOD MEMORIES DEMAND I PUT THIS HERE

Baccano - A very nice opening with great music. It does "weight" the character's bizarrely in giving us the names of so many minor characters alongside the important ones.

Kino's Journey - talking about the first anime. It isn't quite as much a "bliss out" as mushi shi, but seeing the motorcylce go through very green hills is really relaxing. Good gentle song choice. A lot of the "title cards" are pretty inventive, but I don't know if they count as connected to the opening itself.

Endings

Sound of the Sky - one of the artistic creators of Elfen Lied did  the opening/ending and it shows, even if the gentle slice of life plot/setting doesn't.

Princess Tutu - This one is more based on the song than the visuals.

Trigun - A good ending for giving you time to reflect after seeing some heavy stuff. Probably could have been used for the serious episodes only, and not quite as good as eg; cowboy bepop's , but I like it.

On 11/13/2017 at 12:03 AM, Reality said:

Death Parade - A more zany opening, based on some band's already crazy enough music video. Totally out of tone with the show.

THIS

I can't believe I forgot Flyers!

On 11/12/2017 at 10:20 PM, IfIHadToPickADude said:

Hikaru Nara - Your lie in April's first OP. 

Agreed.  I don't get why people don't like the second op though, Nanairo Symphony.  I feel like they're almost on par with each other.

On 11/12/2017 at 8:08 PM, Armagon said:

Deep in Abyss (Made in Abyss OP 1, also, shoutout to the entire Made in Abyss OST for sounding like it came out of Xenoblade Chronicles)

An anime that sounds a lot like my favorite video game?  I suddenly need to watch this anime (I've considered watching it for awhile but now I'm gonna totally do it).

1 hour ago, CWGameplay said:

An anime that sounds a lot like my favorite video game?  I suddenly need to watch this anime (I've considered watching it for awhile but now I'm gonna totally do it).

Yeah, Made in Abyss gave me a lot of Xenoblade vibes. It wasn't just the music either. The environments as well all felt (to me anyway) like they were Xenoblade-inspired.

Openings:

- Believe in my Existence (Cardfight!! Vanguard Season 1. . .forget which one, but it's there somewhere): It's JAM Project.  Of course it's going to be awesome.  Watch the anime while you're at it, because it has some really neat themes.

- Only my Railgun (A Certain Scientific Railgun, first opening): I don't like it as an opening.  I adore it as a full song.

- Cruel Angel's Thesis (Neon Genesis Evangelion): It says something when I watch an anime to listen to the opening song.

- Baby's Tears (Sky Girls OVA): I haven't watched the anime.  I just like the music.

Endings:

My Will (Inuyasha, first ending I think. . .damn, I'm old): The TV cut was okay.  The full version blows it out of the water.

Other:

- Just Communication (Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz): I don't remember if this was the opening, closing, or something else, nor do I really care.  This song brings back a lot of good memories.

Openings:

Goya no Machiawase (Noragami Op 1)

Naruto OP 18 (Don't know the name)

Goldentime Lover (Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood OP 3)

Durarara Ketsu Opening (Sorry don't know the name)

Guns n' Roses (Baccano)

Headhunt (Durarara Shou opening)

Day you Laugh (Durarara x2 opening)

Tokyo Ghoul OP 

Endings:

Fairy Tail Ending 2

Trust Me (Durarara ED 1)

Fav Ops that pop out of my head:

Texhnolyze's Guardian Angel by Juno Reactor

Ergo Proxy's Kiri by Monorail

Black Lagoon's Red Fraction

Yu Yu Hakusho 1st OP (especially the English version)

Key The Metal Idol's In the Night (especially the Full English version)

Revolutionary Girl Utena's Rinbu Revolution by Masami Okui

Serial Experiment Lain's Duvet by BoA

Persona 4: The Animation's Both Openings

Cowboy Bebop's Tank

Samurai Champloo's Op

Kaiba's OP

Fullmetal Alchemist's Ready Steady Go by L'Arc a Ciel

FMA Brotherhood's Again by YUI

Black Butler's Monochrome Kiss

Paranoia Agent's OP

Requiem from the Darkness's The Flame by Keiko Lee

Speed Grapher's Shutter Speed by Shinkichi Mitsumine and Girls on Film by Duran Duran

Trinity Blood's Dress

Shiki Op 1 Kuchizuke

Witchblade Op 1 XTC

Darker than Black's 1st Opening Howling by Abingdon Boys School

Wolf's Rain's Stray by Steve Conte

Solty Rei's Clover by Meg Rock

Scryed's Reckless Fire

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex's Openings of both seasons

RahXephon's Hemisphere by Maaya Sakamoto

Brigadoon: Marin to Melan's OP

Naoki Urasawa Monster's OP

Bleach OPs 1, 2, 4 ,5 ,6 ,7, 8, 10, and 11

Edited by Doodlebug Four
Addin in a few ops I recall.

I didn't even think about it before, but I think it's worth mentioning my two favorite anime movies too.

Yumetourou (Kimi No Na Wa) - It's beautiful, includes an amazing song by an amazing band, and it low key spoils the whole movie without anyone realizing it.  This OP will always hold a dear place in my heart after watching this movie, especially considering the connnection I felt towards it.

My Generation (Koe no Katachi) - Yup, they used a song by The Who as an anime OP.  And surprisingly, it worked amazingly.  This OP isn't deep or meaningful tbh, but the animation is great (as expected from KyoAni) and its just super fun to watch.  The music and animation sync up in a super satisfying way, I'd suggest you check it out.

Edited by CWGameplay

For OPs, the one I can think right now are:

Hacking to the Gate, Steins;Gate

Again, Fullmetal Alchemist Bortherhood

Rain, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

Re:Re, Boku dake ga Inai Machi aka Erased

Magoinu to Ame no Beat, Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei aka The Tatami Galaxy

Sora Ni Utaeba, Boku no Hero Academia

99, Mob Psycho 100

To the Beginning, Fate/Zero

Hikaru Nara, Shigetsu wa Kimi no Uso

And as for the endings :

Uso, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

Ray of Light, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

Magia, Madoka

Trust Me, Durarara!!

Joker ni Yorishiku, Durarara!!x2 Ketsu

Kisetsu wa Tsugitsugi Shindeiku, Tokyo Ghoul √A

Orange, Shigatsu wa Kimi to Uso

I've put in bold the OP and ED I'd consider my top picks. 

On 11/15/2017 at 7:33 PM, CWGameplay said:

My Generation (Koe no Katachi) - Yup, they used a Greenday song as an anime OP.  And surprisingly, it worked amazingly.  This OP isn't deep or meaningful tbh, but the animation is great (as expected from KyoAni) and its just super fun to watch.  The music and animation sync up in a super satisfying way, I'd suggest you check it out.

My Generation isn't a song by Green Day though. Yes, Green Day did make a cover of the song, but the track was originally composed and performed by The Who and it's that original version which was used in the movie.

14 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

My Generation isn't a song by Green Day though. Yes, Green Day did make a cover of the song, but the track was originally composed and performed by The Who and it's that original version which was used in the movie.

YOURE TOTALLY RIGHT HOW DID I MAKE THAT MISTAKE I EVEN KNEW THAT

Sorry!  For some reason the Greenday version was the first to come to mind.

OP:

Dearest Drop, SukaSuka 

Sea of the stars, Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu

Sora Ni Utaeba, Boku no Hero Academia

Brave Shine, Fate UBW S2

My Hero, Inuyashiki 

Shinzou wo Sasageyo, Shingeki No Kyoujin S2

Period, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

Kuusou Mesorogiwi, Mirai Nikki

When they cry, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

Ugoku, Ugoku, Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou

ED:

Los Los Los!, Youjo Senki

Opera, Dies Irae (Yes I now there are no visuals but who doesn't love Toriumi and Suwabe duo singing)

Chiisana Boukensha, Konosuba S1

Stay Alive, Re Zero

Magia, Madoka Magika

Edited by Hekselka

"Highschool of the Dead" all OP and ED
Highschool of the Dead OST The rock music all blend together and sound kind of the same after a while, but in a good way. It is good for when you want to listen to something good but not distracting.

"Shakugan no Shana II" OP 1
Joint — Mami Kawada The song has the most badass guitar opening ever. The rest of the song is okay.

"Ga-Rei Zero" OP
Lost Paradise — Chihara Minori It has a nice, fast beat and an intense melody.

"Linebarrels of Iron" ED 1
Ame ga Furu — Sakamoto Maaya The anime is meh, but the ending song is really good.

Since Christmas is coming up, here is one of my favorite holiday music of all time, on par with Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas Is You":

"Eromame" ED (NOT SAFE FOR WORK; Hentai)
Happy Holidays — Lauren Tarantino (The YouTube video is family friendly.)

Death Note's Opening is a masterpiece with heavy symbolism, epic animation, artstyle and an epic song, and it's 1st Ending Song Was Pretty Amazing

Fullmetal Alchemist (Brotherhood and the last one from the original) always have amazing songs in their openings, as well as well placed animation with a lot of symbolism as well.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex has one of the best opening songs I've heard.

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion has strong openings in every season each one with an amazing song (except maybe Season 1 OP 2), as well as a unique ending (where they show slides of scenes that have a heavy meaning in relation to the show).

Steins' Gate opening has amazing visuals, although always wondered why Daru never appeared on it lol, but yeah amazing song with great visuals.

Couple More:

- Eureka Seven Opening 1, Ending 2

- Darker Than Black Opening 1, Ending 1

- Casshern Sins Opening and Ending 2

- When They Cry Opening 1

- FLCL's Ending the most unorthodox one I have seen

- Cowboy Bebop Ending (Cowboy Bebop has 10/10 artwork)

- Attack on Titan Opening 1 The one that went fire as soon as people started talking about the show

- Soul Eater Opening 2 and Ending 4

- Bleach Opening 12Opening 13, Opening 11 (My Personal Favorite of the Series)

- Durarara!!! Opening 1 and Ending 1

- Fate Stay Night (2006) Opening

- Serial Experiments Lain Opening (Spoiler: Song is already dubbed)

- And the meme that is "Cruel Angel's Thesis"

- Forgot to mention one of my all time favorites, Code Geass: Akito the Exiled Ending Song

Edited by Logos

All Legend of the Galactic Heroes openings

Most Gundam openings

All Fafner openings

Both openings of Fist of the North Star (SIlent Survivor and You Wa Shock)

Opening of Sorcerer Hunters

All JoJo openings

Tenjou Tenge's opening

And everything listed in this video.

Openings:

-Made in Abyss's opening

-Digimon Adventure's Latin American opening (which was taken directly form the original)

-Devil May Cry's op

-Shaman King's first LA op

Endings

-Dragon Ball GT's latin american ending

-samurai X's third ending if I remember: Heart of Sword

-Shaman King's first latin american ending (I think it had another one, don't remember)

-Digimon Adventure's LA ending

I think I got some more, but my anime days are long over, and never bothered learning their names XD..... AND most of them in Latin American Spanish if you haven't noticed by now XD