Favourite Special Skill Quote (Poll 94 - Brave Celica, Brave Ephraim, Brave Veronica)

mcsilas

Favourite Special Quote?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite Brave Celica Quote?

• Place your trust in me!
    • Your feelings give me strength!
    • By Mila's grace!
    • Guide my hand!
  2. 2. Favourite Brave Ephraim Quote?

• We must press forward!
    • Are you prepared?
    • No time to waste.
    • By Garm's might.
  3. 3. Favourite Brave Veronica Quote?

• You will be mine.
    • So strong!
    • Just like my brother...
    • On your way.

Ares -  “You would become my prey?” I liked how menacing he is when he says this. 

Lene - It was between “Have it your way” and “So rude!”. I went with the latter because I found it a bit funnier, but the sass and delivery from the former deserves some praise.

Ishtar - “There’s nothing more to be said” I agree with Usana. The delivery of the lines just feel... unnatural and off. “Mjornir’s wrath” was especially disappointing; I didn’t find it on par with something like, say, “Hellfire upon you!” or “Durandal!”. Might be because her VA (Ratana) is fairly new to the business. The one I chose felt the best, and it also had a rather chilling feel to it as well.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ares: "You scoundrel!" - I feel this quote shows him trying to be like his father Eldigan, albeit on a different way, plus the way he says scoundrel is awesome
  • Lene: "So rude!" - Quick and shows how Lene is confident in what she's doing, I like the way this quote is delivered
  • Ishtar: "Mjölnir's might wrath!" - Fitting for the one who inherited the tome for battle, and the fact that the tome is very powerful and the delivery of the quote, just had to vote for it

So here are the winners from the last round:

Ares "You scoundrel!"

Lene "So rude!"

Ishtar "Mjölnir's wrath!"

And now we move on to Elibe where we take a look at members who are or have been a member of the Black Fang, it's Linus, Legault and Flying Nino!

Linus%20special.png?itok=xPicTvG1Legault%20special.png?itok=TDJNZbI8Nino%20special.png?itok=iYX2Stnh

You can have a listen to their quote in these links, under the 'Quotes' section:

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Linus:_Mad_Dog/Quotes

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Legault:_The_Hurricane/Quotes

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Nino:_Pale_Flower/Quotes

-------

My thoughts-

Linus- "I will crush you myself!" - I love the tone the VA uses for this, it's just so satisfying to hear this when Linus activates his special. It's a strange blend of joy, anger and bloodlust that makes this feel more powerful compared to the other quotes, like you would be scared once Linus says this and activates his special. I do like all of his quotes though, they're very energetic and full of personality.

Legault- "You'll be dead soon."- I like how he says this even though text-wise "Gotta fight dirty" is more fitting.  I just really like the accents of the syllables in this phrase. The deep voice which just adds a chilling but also badass effect.

Flying Nino- "Fly, Pegasus!" - The most non-generic quote and I like how joyful and determined she sounds. I get a very positive vibe from this.

Edited by mcsilas

Linus - “Will you stop yammering?”  I must say, all of Linus’s quotes are actually pretty good. The one I chose feels the most unique to him as well as being a pretty humorous and a memorable quote from FE7. “Repent your sins” deserves an honorable mention though. It’s just so chilling.

Legault - “How does this make you feel?” The way Legault says this... just damn. It’s also perfectly fitting for the moment he’s about to release a special. 

Nino - “Fly, Pegasus!” Unlike her brother Linus, I was pretty underwhelmed by Nino’s quotes. This one was at least kinda cute so I went with it.

•  
  • Linus: "Will you stop yammering?" - This single quote shows that he's the complete opposite of his brother Lloyd, that and also the fact that the latter said that both Linus and Hector are alike, combine it with Hector's "Enough chitchat!" and you've got a hot-headed battle
  • Legault: "Gotta fight dirty" - I'm taking this as a reference for him being "The Cleaner", saying he'll fight dirty and then clean the mess that he made afterwards, plus I like how deep his voice is here, special mention to "You'll be dead soon" for the way the quote was executed
  • Nino: "Fly, Pegasus!" - I just want to give Nino a good hug, this single quote just shows both determination and cuteness all the way, I like using this Nino simply because of this one quote and one of her turn selection quotes

Linus - 'Will you stop yammering' - it's just perfect for him and said so well. His va makes him sound a fair bit younger than he looks, but he's grown on me :)

Legault - 'You'll be dead soon' - Well... at least he gives them warning ^.^

Nino - 'Fly pegasus' - All of hers were a bit meh to me. I like this one, though.  

Well I had to guess on the last two. Apparently their quote page doesn't work. So I went by the reading of the lines alone.

Mad Dog - I will crush you myself. Definitely well done. But it was tough choice. This guy got grade A lines.

Legault - You'll be dead soon. This just looks good on paper to me. The others would need a really good speaking I think to beat it.

Nino- Fly, Pegasus. Even paper only this one just seems fun.

Bringing this back with the results!

Linus "Will you stop yammering!"

Legault "Gotta fight dirty."

Flying Nino "Fly, pegasus!"

Now let's go back to Thracia, as we take a look at Saias, Green Olwen and Sword Reinhardt!

JbOnOFN.png?itok=C24iAIvVOlwen%20Special.png?itok=C0ZH3oeTReinhardt%20special.png?itok=K1Dzat7Y

You can have a listen to their quote in these links, under the 'Quotes' section:

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Saias:_Bishop_of_Flame/Quotes

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Olwen:_Righteous_Knight/Quotes

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Reinhardt:_Thunder's_Sword/Quotes

-------

My thoughts-

Saias- "All of this was inevitable." I picked the one that was the least generic, and this gives a feel that his tactics are working as intended.

Green Olwen- "With this newfound power..." This quote stands out from the rest, and helps distinguish her from her original self. Probably not the most subtle in trying to explain why she is suddenly green, but hey it works.

Sword Reinhardt- "Forgive me." Text-wise his quotes aren't as good as his original self, but I feel the VA delivers the lines well enough. I think this line has the right balance of a powerful delivery but also showing his personality of being polite/distinguished while being a deadly offensive presence.

• Saias - I chose "You should retreat" as it sounds every bit the veiled threat, which fits his personality to a T.
  • Olwen - "Absolutely not!" is almost on par with her blue counterpart's "You scum!" and that's good enough for me.
  • Sword Reinhardt - His "I'll show you how it's done" quote sounds really conceited and arrogant. On that respect, it does the best job of portraying his stature as one of Friege's elite.

Saias - "All of this was inevitable". A bit wordy, but I like the way it was delivered. Something just didn't click for me with the retreat quote.

Olwen - "Absolutely not!" Tough choice here, but this just felt best to me.

Swordhardt - "I'll show you how it's done". Ok, so I kinda like this for meta reasons, but yeah it isn't enough for him to show everyone how magic is done; now he must step into the most oversaturated pool, red swords, and put them in their place too.

Saias - 'All of this was inevitable' - he sounds pretty mournful but also quite dark at the same time when he says this. I quite like it. 

Olwen - 'I walk my own path' - I love the sentiment. It feels very Olwen. Shame she uses all of her brothers poses...

Reinhardt - 'I'll show you how it's done' - Suave and confident. Love this guy. 

Saias "All of this was inevitable."

Green Olwen - "Absolutely not!"

Sword Reinhardt "I'll show you how it's done"

To celebrate the return of an enemy character in Muspell, we have an antagonist slate- it's Hebindi, accompanied with two draconic villains, Julius and Legendary Robin F!

Dc1ZiVYX0AAQk1v.pngGhoU3kQ.png?itok=Hvp45tcxL%20Robin%20F%20Special.png?itok=cS8ySq3

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Helbindi:_Savage_Scourge/Quotes

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Julius:_Scion_of_Darkness/Quotes

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Robin:_Fell_Vessel/Quotes

-------

My thoughts-

Helbindi- "Out of my way, filth." Okay his lines are pretty generic, and this one is the least generic. I do like him, but his quotes, not so much.

Julius- "Blood will rain" Close one between this and "To me, your nothing!" but this conjures up such an ominous image and is really catchy. Juliu has great quotes overall, his VA really did a good job. So full of attitude.

Legendary Robin F- "I shall end you first!" It was either this or "I will devour you" but I really love her voice and how she accentuated certain words in this quote. I love how 'smooth' her voice sounds, but also eerie and evil. 

Edited by mcsilas

Helbindi - I went with the laugh. Not particularly unique, but I liked the way it was done and the others I just wasn't feeling today.

Julius - "To me, your nothing!" Was done real well and the line in general is just my preferred tone.

Legendary Robin F - "I shall end you first" It flowed really well and didn't seem to overstate the evil nature.

Helbindi - 'Out of my way, filfth' - I think it suits the tough guy exterior he tries to give out.

Julius - 'I bring you death' - I love his voice. It has the right amount of childish brattishness about it and the right amount of darkness. All his quotes are great, but this one just edged out.

Grima - 'I will devour you' - Giant dragon. Why not?

• Helbindi's "Just die" fits him perfectly. He's kind of a talker, which betrays the point slightly, but the simpler quote for him, the better.
  • Julius' "Blood will rain" sounds every bit as malevolent and fitting his characterization.
  • Femme Grima would just be as menacing as the male one, and so "This is the end" would hammer that point home without overly exaggerating it.

This...has been going on for so long; how have I not seen it until now? Anyway, nice idea.

23 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

This...has been going on for so long; how have I not seen it until now? 

It was put on hiatus for a while due to the lack of quotes and other factors. 

30 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

This...has been going on for so long; how have I not seen it until now? Anyway, nice idea.

Plus it tends to be in the second page after a few days.

Also I'm trying not to go to fast between the slates as we will run out again soon, so I'm trying to pace it out

For these guys:

• Helbindi: "Out of my way, filth!" - Something about this line just makes me like this character a lot more, the way he mentions this quote on his enemies to get out of his way, just Mmm
  • Julius: "Blood will rain" - An edgy quote for an edgy character, while his other quotes speak of one particular person, this one quote could be for anyone and everyone, plus the way he pauses after every word is just too great to pass by
  • F!Grima: "I shall end you first!" - Shared quotes are a norm if it's the same character but different gender, but this one is actually better for F!Grima since she seems more serious than her male counterpart and this one quote I fee that is better for her rather than him

So here are the winners!

Helbindi - "Out of my way, filth."

Julius "Blood will rain."

Legendary Robin F "I will devour you!"

Now we move to some seasonal Archanea units- it's Spring Catria, Groom Marth and Summer Young Tiki!

Catria%20Special.png?itok=U8GgpMbI02c0Rl4.png?itok=Zd-UBHE16RUZZnV.png?itok=96jX_i6y

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Catria:_Spring_Whitewing/Quotes

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Marth:_Altean_Groom/Quotes

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Tiki:_Beachside_Scion/Quotes

-------

My thoughts-

Spring Catria- "Fear the rabbit!" Easily the silliest yet memorable line. Catria just sounds so done in her lines.

Groom Marth- "May love triumph!" I love the word triumph, and it's a very heroic and prince-ly line to say, very fitting for this groom. I also like "I vow victory" for the alliteration.

Summer Young Tiki- "Nuh-uh-uh!" Tiki says 'nope' in the cutest way. Kind of like a child trying to be sassy but ended up being more adorable.

I didn't check the votes, but picked the same. Marth doesn't have anything outstanding, but "May love triumph" sounds right.

As for Catria, I used her a lot. "Fear the rabbit!" is so weird, but also hilarious. It's so bad it's good.

Tiki's "Nuh-uh-uh!" is funnier, the others are just meh for me.

Same as everyone before: 

• S!Catria!: "Fear the rabbit!" - Such a silly and cute line for someone who is serious like Catria, I just can't help but to say Aww whenever she says that line
  • B!Marth: "May love triumph!" - Shared quotes can be boring, but this one is better on him than Caeda, especially when he says "Triumph"
  • S!Tiki: "Nu-uh-uh!" - Can I just say that this is the most adorable way to deny someone ever?

Catria - 'Fear the rabbit' is just the obvious choice xD

Marth - 'I vow victory' - I like the way it ties into both weddings and battles (vowing... heh). Plus he says it really well.

Tiki - I really don't like her voice so I just picked the one that sounded like she was having fun.