Favourite Special Skill Quote (Poll 94 - Brave Celica, Brave Ephraim, Brave Veronica)

mcsilas

Favourite Special Quote?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite Brave Celica Quote?

• Place your trust in me!
    • Your feelings give me strength!
    • By Mila's grace!
    • Guide my hand!
  2. 2. Favourite Brave Ephraim Quote?

• We must press forward!
    • Are you prepared?
    • No time to waste.
    • By Garm's might.
  3. 3. Favourite Brave Veronica Quote?

• You will be mine.
    • So strong!
    • Just like my brother...
    • On your way.

Eliwood- "Watch Me Work" I like how forceful this sounds and feels like directed towards the player as well as the enemy

Hector- "Enough Chit-chat" Hearing Patrick Seitz say this in game sold me on the idea of him playing Hector it just sounds right

Lyn- "As if I'd lose" Lyn's lines are a bit generic but at least this one has a little sassĀ 

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poll 3 is now over! Here are your picks:

Eliwood - "Off with you, fiend!" ā€ƒ

Lyn - "As if I'd lose!"

Hector - "Enough chitchat!"

And the winner for the Young Tiki tiebreaker isĀ "I can be scary, too!"

----------------

Now moving on from a group with CYL's most popular female, we go to a group with the most popular male character. The Radiant HeroĀ Ike, fellow Greil Mercenary companion Soren and Ike'sĀ sister Mist!

Full_Special_Ike.png?itok=ocLpvSFUFull_Special_Soren.png?itok=oXJxkeDnBtlFace_C_52.png?itok=ZTk9h8Dp

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Ike/Quotes

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Soren/Quotes

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Mist/Quotes

-------

My thoughts-

Ike- "I won't let anyone die!" has a good, syllabic pacing whenever Aether activates, although it sounds a bit weird on it's own and without context. Same with "I will finish you", there's a certain progression to the syllables that build up to the impact of Ike's special and it's very satisfying to hear the sound effect of Aether, but again, on it's own loses that impact. Both are good but I guess the first one is more heroic and very Fire Emblem, since well...you don't want units dying. "Run while you can!" is also very satisfying to hear but lacks the buildup. Allin-all he has a good range of quotes that are satisfying to hear in game.

Soren- "Are you ready to die?" has the most impact. The other sounds like he's kind of bored...which might fit him but isn't exciting to hear. Also hey, I just noticed he shares "Out of my way" with Ike.

Mist- Our first healer critical quote poll....and she's actually pretty underwhelming to be honest. "I'll do my part" is probably the one I like the most since she sounds the most determined, although the small stutter in "I'll..I'll do my best" has some character at least.

Overall their lines could be better though. Also while going through the Japanese quotes, I like how Soren sounds more his age and kind of boyish. Interesting alternate interpretation. Japanese Ike's has more impact, and although I like Greg Chun's Ike, too it is a bit similar to other characters and has a bit of a mellow tone (kind of like Lukas), but that's just me.

Ā 

Edited by mcsilas

I like how these three sound in terms of their VAs fitting their characters and personalities,Ā but I donā€™t feel their critical lines at all. They are universally meh to me.

Iā€™m going to abstain from voting this time.

Ike - "Run while you can!" seems ok.

Soren -Ā "Are you ready to die" It really shows that it's alm voicing this.

Mist -Ā "I'll do my part!" is a pretty cute quote.

All in all, not great.

Darn, I must have missed the vote yesterday. I don't remember the lines of each person to say what I prefer, so I'll leave it ^.^''

Both Ike and Soren I chose the top options. I like the way they say it - Soren has almost a bored tone and the top one for Ike is all about his friends, which really suits him.

Mist... eh, I don't really care much for her. I chose 'Get ready for this' because I nearly always prefer the fiercer quotes to the ones apologising.

And so ends Poll 4! The winners are:

Ike - "I won't let anyone die!"

Soren - "Are you ready to die?"

Mist ...actually has a tie between "I'll do my part!" and "Get ready for this!", so there will be another tiebreaker.

----------------

Next group we have the second most popular female character, the time-travelling LordĀ Lucina, accompanied by the mysterious tacticians of both genders - Robin.

BtlFace_C_43.png?itok=dD5kpoP-Full_Special_Robin_(M).png?itok=H24izQdEFull_Special_Robin_(F).png?itok=ZIXTRmm7

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Lucina/Quotes#English

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Robin_(M)/Quotes#English

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Robin_(F)/Quotes#English

-------

My thoughts-

Lucina- "I challenge my fate!" is easily one of the most memorable quotes in the series, but really, Laura Bailey did an excellent job voicing all of her lines- in particular, I love the strength of her voice in "Our bonds give me strength!" and "I will never give up!". Very satisfying to hear her special quotes, but you can't really beat the iconic "I challengeĀ my fate!"

M!Robin- Very good voices for all of them. "Time to tip the scales" is a classic Robin quote. That said, "Our bonds give me strength!" has very strong delivery, and the more syllables create a better build up to the damage sound effect, which 'tips the scales' to become my favourite quote. It just has more impact, but that could be the strong emphasis on the 'b' and 'd' sounds in 'bonds'.

F!Robin- Female Robin's "Time to tip the scales!" has a strongĀ delivery although with a hint of being rushed. Honorable mention to "Bet you didn't see that coming!" for some sass compared to her male version- but it's just a bit rushed in terms of delivery in my opinion. Not as great as Male Robin overall.

Lucina: my actual favourite quote of hers is missing from Heroes for some reason. Whereā€™s ā€œHope will never die!ā€, IS? One job, one job. ā€œI challenge my fate!ā€ is the runner-up, so this is what I chose.

Both Robins: ā€œTime to tip the scales!ā€ Do I even need to explain? A line of the same iconic status as Lucinaā€™s tangent about nonperishable aspirations. Come on.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Lucina: my actual favourite quote of hers is missing from Heroes for some reason. Whereā€™s ā€œHope will never die!ā€, IS? One job, one job. ā€œI challenge my fate!ā€ is the runner-up, so this is what I chose.

Both Robins: ā€œTime to tip the scales!ā€ Do I even need to explain? A line of the same iconic status as Lucinaā€™s tangent about nonperishable aspirations. Come on.

Well "Masked Marth" says it, so there's that.

Ā 

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

Next group we have the second most popular female character, the time-travelling LordĀ Lucina, accompanied by the mysterious tacticians of both genders - Robin.

My thoughts-

Lucina- "I challenge my fate!" is easily one of the most memorable quotes in the series, but really, Laura Bailey did an excellent job voicing all of her lines- in particular, I love the strength of her voice in "Our bonds give me strength!" and "I will never give up!". Very satisfying to hear her special quotes, but you can't really beat the iconic "I challengeĀ my fate!"

M!Robin- Very good voices for all of them. "Time to tip the scales" is a classic Robin quote. That said, "Our bonds give me strength!" has very strong delivery, and the more syllables create a better build up to the damage sound effect, which 'tips the scales' to become my favourite quote. It just has more impact, but that could be the strong emphasis on the 'b' and 'd' sounds in 'bonds'.

F!Robin- Female Robin's "Time to tip the scales!" has a strongĀ delivery although with a hint of being rushed. Honorable mention to "Bet you didn't see that coming!" for some sass compared to her male version- but it's just a bit rushed in terms of delivery in my opinion. Not as great as Male Robin overall.

Good lord, I don't think I can explain any better than that. I guess the only I could do is just give my 2 cents on favorite lines.

Ā 

My favorite lines for both Robins are "Our Bonds Give Me Strength"

Awakening has always been about the support system & crit hit quote perfectly emulates that theme.

Amusing how that's one of Lucy's support victory quotes as well. It's my 2nd favorite right between "Hope Will Never Die" & "I Challenge My Fate". All of her critical hit lines reflect her character & only two of them sounds generic " I Will Never Give Up!" & "You Will Not Stop Me!" but still very much in character.

Edited by Zangetsu

5 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Well "Masked Marth" says it, so there's that.

HeĀ doesnā€™t count. Weā€™re talking vanilla Lucina here.

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Unfortunately, not Laura Bailey though :(

She's just the perfect VA for Lucina.

For some reason, I actually prefer Alexis Tipton as Lucina. Iā€™m a weirdo like that.

16 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

HeĀ doesnā€™t count. Weā€™re talking vanilla Lucina here.

For some reason, I actually prefer Alexis Tipton as Lucina. Iā€™m a weirdo like that.

That's fair. I just like the slightly more femininity of Laura's voice. Alexis is getting better and better at voicing Lucina though, judging from her Warriors voice acting, but I guess I'm just used to Laura's voice after playing her game a lot

Ā 

Lucina:"Our bonds give me strength" Original Lucina probably has one of the best set skill quotes and voice delivery which all sound good once you hear the melodious sound of that skill activating. I like all of her quotes but I feel like our bonds gives me strengthĀ fits the most thematically based on her character and how bonds are the crux of her values

Male Robin:"Time to tip the scales"Ā My team staple and all of his quotes are heavy hitters but the classic tip the scales line will forever be my favorite quote of his, David Vincent truly brings a lovely performance for him and I hope he gets the opportunity to voice someone besides Robin and a certain wyvern rider

Fem Robin:"Bet you didn't see that coming" I like how female robin was always portrayed as more confident and sassy compared to her counterpart and this line sounds like it's being said behind a sly smirk.

Lucina - 'I challenge my fate' - I like that statement and I reckon it really suits her.Ā 

Male Robin - 'Here's how it's done' - Just him schooling the opponent :D I prefer the lines that aren't shared between the two Robins, honestly. I like them to show their differences.Ā 

Female Robin - 'Just as I predicted' - I love the way she says this :)

9 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Male Robin - 'Here's how it's done' - Just him schooling the opponent :D I prefer the lines that aren't shared between the two Robins, honestly. I like them to show their differences.Ā 

Agreed. Of course, both of Male Robin's unique lines are great for after an archer tries to attack, does nothing,Ā and then he just unleashes bonfire on them.Ā 

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

Agreed. Of course, both of Male Robin's unique lines are great for after an archer tries to attack, does nothing,Ā and then he just unleashes bonfire on them.Ā 

They really are. I can't help feeling smug after a completely failed Brave Lyn attack when he uses those lines xDĀ 

I just wish I knew to upgrade him back in the days of the Takumi meta. I didn't believe he'd be all that good since he didn't seem great at 3*. How wrong I was. I adore my Robin now :D

1 hour ago, Cute Chao said:

They really are. I can't help feeling smug after a completely failed Brave Lyn attack when he uses those lines xDĀ 

I just wish I knew to upgrade him back in the days of the Takumi meta. I didn't believe he'd be all that good since he didn't seem great at 3*. How wrong I was. I adore my Robin now :D

He was literally my first pull as a five star. It was great since he is my second favorite character too. He's plus defense too so he's a great wall.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

He was literally my first pull as a five star. It was great since he is my second favorite character too. He's plus defense too so he's a great wall.

Mine ended up being +Spd. He and Henry are so good against Lyn that I plan to eventually upgrade all the other high defence mages to turn into Lyn walls. I want at least seven so I can run AA without having to worry about any Brave Bows :DĀ 

I need more Setsunas, though, ideally >.<Ā 

A lot of people call him generic and a mary-sue, but I quite like Robin and I like the design they picked for him. He's fun to play in Warriors, too, and many of his lines are pretty great. As a whole, I really like Robin as a character ^.^Ā 

11 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Mine ended up being +Spd. He and Henry are so good against Lyn that I plan to eventually upgrade all the other high defence mages to turn into Lyn walls. I want at least seven so I can run AA without having to worry about any Brave Bows :DĀ 

I need more Setsunas, though, ideally >.<Ā 

A lot of people call him generic and a mary-sue, but I quite like Robin and I like the design they picked for him. He's fun to play in Warriors, too, and many of his lines are pretty great. As a whole, I really like Robin as a character ^.^Ā 

Mine's running swordbreaker, but bowbreaker would be useful for Lyn. I eventually decided that while Lyn is a nuisance, there are more sword threats out there.

Plus, he wears the coat so well.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Mine's running swordbreaker, but bowbreaker would be useful for Lyn. I eventually decided that while Lyn is a nuisance, there are more sword threats out there.

I have plenty of people against swords - at least seven swordbreaker units that can deal with them. I only have two strong raven tomers (I don't trust Cecilia against a brave lyn), although I fully intend to get more eventually.Ā 

3 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Have you considered the lord and saviour that is Lancebreaker? Expands his coverage and protects him from lance double attacks if he has enough health. Even LB2 from Arthur can suffice.

otherwise Swordbreaker is good especially for TT where you experience the sheer amount of swordies in yhe game.

@Cute ChaoĀ didn't use him for a long time because I kept getting bad natures. First one was -Atk which was horrible to level up. 2nd one was +Atk but -Def which defeats the point of using Robin. Finally found a +Speed one, raised him and was the best use of feathers and a Roy.

20 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I have plenty of people against swords - at least seven swordbreaker units that can deal with them. I only have two strong raven tomers (I don't trust Cecilia against a brave lyn), although I fully intend to get more eventually.Ā 

I may actually give bow breaker to Merric who I mayĀ to promote next.

15 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Have you considered the lord and saviour that is Lancebreaker? Expands his coverage and protects him from lance double attacks if he has enough health. Even LB2 from Arthur can suffice.

otherwise Swordbreaker is good especially for TT where you experience the sheer amount of swordies in yhe game.

@Cute ChaoĀ didn't use him for a long time because I kept getting bad natures. First one was -Atk which was horrible to level up. 2nd one was +Atk but -Def which defeats the point of using Robin. Finally found a +Speed one, raised him and was the best use of feathers and a Roy.

It just feels nice to obliterate all those top tier reds with my low tier Robin though.

Mine is actually -Atk, but I got over it and gave him the attack seal. At this point, I wouldn't merge him away since he was my first unit and all that.

And you have voted! The winners are:

Lucina - "I challenge my fate!"

Male Robin - "Time to tip the scales!"

Female Robin - "Time to tip the scales!"

And the winner for the Mist tiebreaker isĀ - "I'll do my part."

----------------

Now we move to Elibe, where we take a look at a certainĀ boy with a *smashing* popularity status, his childhood mage friend and their teacher- it's time for Roy, Lilina and Cecilia!

Full_Special_Roy.png?itok=0_YTPhqPFull_Special_Lilina.png?itok=tp2lbkUuFull_Special_Cecilia.png?itok=ccoPal__

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Roy/Quotes#English

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Lilina/Quotes#English

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Cecilia/Quotes#English

-------

My thoughts-

Roy-Ā  "By my blade!"seems to be theĀ most fitting though, but I don't like how he says "blade", so my votes goes to "There's my opening!" since it sounds the best in terms of delivery.

Lilina- Unfortunately one of the worst and squeakiest voices in the game. My vote goes to "The magic is within!" because it fits her..but honestly, I just can't stand how she says it.

Cecilia- Now we're talking. All of her linesĀ have powerful delivery. "Here and now!", while simple has the best emotion and impact, although "Keep your distance or perish!" comes close.

Ā 

Edited by mcsilas

Roy: ā€œI wonā€™t lose! I wonā€™t!ā€ Defying his reputation as one of the worst lords in the series, Roy is determined to kick some behind no matter what.

Lilina: ā€œHellfire upon you!ā€ ā€œI call upon fire!ā€ Fortunately, one of the best voices in the game, shared with Sharena and Florina. Julie Maddalena Emblem when? Ahem. There is one other iconic line about magic, otherwise Lilinaā€™s would win. Letā€™s call upon Bolganone+ instead. Itā€™s being upgraded soon!

Cecilia: ā€œHere and now!ā€ This brilliant, elegant, and beautiful lady doesnā€™t mince words. You cross herā€”you pay for your insolence. The Maiden of Etruria knows her tomes from A to Z, and Cherami Leigh shows it.

Hm...I've never really listened to Lilina's lines before. I can't say I really liked any of her them that much. Then again, I kind of prefer the strength and maturity of Cecilia's lines to hers. There's just something about the way Cecilia talks that makes me want to follow her to the ends of the earth.Ā 

Roy: "I won't lose, I won't" Without a doubt his best quote the delivery is amazing and hearing him say this after surviving a near fatal exchange is all the sweeterĀ 

Lilina: "Oh you..Enough!!" The line is pretty good but I love the fact that the damage registers exactly when she says enough. The magic is within is a close second

Cecilia: "Keep your distance or perish" All of her quotes are pure quality but this one takes the cake the force the line is deliveredĀ with makes the impact of the blow even better.

Edited by MisfitMiju