Favourite Special Skill Quote (Poll 94 - Brave Celica, Brave Ephraim, Brave Veronica)

mcsilas

Favourite Special Quote?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite Brave Celica Quote?

• Place your trust in me!
    • Your feelings give me strength!
    • By Mila's grace!
    • Guide my hand!
  2. 2. Favourite Brave Ephraim Quote?

• We must press forward!
    • Are you prepared?
    • No time to waste.
    • By Garm's might.
  3. 3. Favourite Brave Veronica Quote?

• You will be mine.
    • So strong!
    • Just like my brother...
    • On your way.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy that these three were treated so well in the voice acting department as for my favorite special quotes

Eirika:"If this is war so be it" This is so in line with Eirika's character, a lady who refuses to back down and when pushed against a wall she pushes back harder all in all a great quote with Kira Buckland doing justice to Eirika as a whole

Ephraim: "All right.Let's Fight"' You can hear the thrill and excitement dripping from his voice a one man army ready to stride onto battle with fervor and it's positively infectious. 

Seth: "I answer destny's call" I can only describe this as fitting line for Seth as he is fufilling a knight's destiny though I have to say I really enjoy all of Seth's quotes despite some of them being odd or generic because Chris Smith does an exemplary job with the voice work and I'd argue that he fits Seth more than Reinhardt

Overall I'm incredibly happy that these three transitioned to heroes so seamlessly where's lyon intsys

I love all of Ephraim's lines. It was a toss up between 'Wonderful' and 'All right, let's fight', but the latter won it. His voice is just so perfect in both. Absolutely adore it :D You know he will own the battlefield with lines like that :D 

Eirika - 'If this is was, so be it'. Somewhat resigned but very determined. Shows her character through and through. She doesn't have the love of battle like her brother, but she will fight for what she believes in. 

Seth - Again, I love all of his lines. I love his voice actor - for both him and Reinhardt. I went with 'I answer destiny's call' because oh my gosh, that drawl <3 Love it :D I love his others, too. Just shows him through and through - he's a knight first and foremost and he expects the best from those who fight with him and against him ^.^ 

Ephraim has quite a few good ones, but "All right. Let's fight!" really sticks out to me.

Eirika's "If this is war, so be it!" is so fitting for her too. The others are more generic and not really unique in terms of usage.

I can't help but find Seth's "I admire your professionalism" to be hilarious, so I went with that one. 

Last Poll's Winners:

Ephraim - "All right. Let's fight!"

Eirika- "If this is war, so be it." 

Seth - "I answer destiny's call!"

Now we move to the land of Ylisse: to the blue-haired, one-sleeved Lord who gave Ephraim a run for his money in that legendary Voting Gauntlet- it's Chrom, Lissa and Frederick's turn! From a  lord, his sister and their loyal knight to a lord, his sister and their loyal knight- he's totally copying Ephraim's set!

Full_Special_Chrom.png?itok=U_uVA3uKFull_Special_Lissa.png?itok=ib8hy6VLFull_Special_Frederick.png?itok=-vYTuHVz

You can listen to the voices here under Special Skills:

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Chrom/Quotes#English

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Lissa/Quotes#English

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Frederick/Quotes#English

------------------

My picks:

Chrom- "Anything can change." Very iconic line and props to Matt Mercer for being a perfect Chrom voice. "I will not fail" is a close second, but just *fails* because of the generic words used, otherwise the performance is great.

Lissa- "How's THIS for delicate?!" totally defines Lissa's character. Perfect line and added emphasis.

Frederick- "Pick a god and pray" "Your last breath approaches." So sad that his iconic critical line isn't in this game but "Your last breath approaches" is still something you wouldn't want to hear when facing Freddy bear's axe. Again, another perfect VA.

You labelled Frederick’s lines as Lissa’s and vice versa.

Chrom: “Anything can change!” — Matthew Mercer, iconic Awakening line, you know the drill.

Lissa: “How’s this for delicate?” — Kate Higgins’ Lissa is only missing an axe for the impression to be complete. If it were in Heroes, “Clear a path, everyone!” would’ve been my pick though.

Frederick: “Your last breath approaches.” — Calm and menacing at the same time, Kyle Hebert’s Frederick never loses his cool. “Address prayers to a deity of your selection” where, IS? For crying out loud.

42 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

You labelled Frederick’s lines as Lissa’s and vice versa.

Chrom: “Anything can change!” — Matthew Mercer, iconic Awakening line, you know the drill.

Lissa: “How’s this for delicate?” — Kate Higgins’ Lissa is only missing an axe for the impression to be complete. If it were in Heroes, “Clear a path, everyone!” would’ve been my pick though.

Frederick: “Your last breath approaches.” — Calm and menacing at the same time, Kyle Hebert’s Frederick never loses his cool. “Address prayers to a deity of your selection” where, IS? For crying out loud.

As Odin would say...."Uhhh.....you passed my test!"

Last minute change-up

Fixed it, thanks!

I wish I'd seen that. The thought of Frederick saying he is not delicate is hilarious xD 

Incidentally, that's the line I picked for Lissa. Always seemed most fitting for her. 

Chrom was 'Anything can change'. I just really like the way he says this. His VA has swiftly become one of my favourites <3 

Frederick - I love this guy and his lines. He's just amazing :D I went with 'Your last breath approaches' because it's a pretty badass line with an excellent delivery :D 

1. Favourite Chrom Quote?

"Anything can change!"

2. Favourite Frederick Quote?

"Your last breath approaches."  

3. Favourite Lissa Quote?

"How's THIS for delicate?!"

They're all self explanatory choices.

Edited by Logos

Last Poll's Winners:

Lissa- "How's THIS for delicate?!"

Frederick - "Your last breath approaches."  

Chrom has a tiebreaker vote! It's between "Anything can change!" and "Our bonds give me strength."

And now, from Matt Mercer to Matt Mercer: we move from Chrom, to Ryoma from Hoshido and his two ninja retainers, Saizo and Kagero!

Full_Special_Ryoma.png?itok=d7YgJkRKFull_Special_Saizo.png?itok=8MZmcf_aBtlFace_C_36.png?itok=Tv7XYalc

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Ryoma/Quotes#English

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Saizo/Quotes#English

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Kagero/Quotes#English

------------------

My picks:

Ryoma- "You have breathed your last!" Ah, the first of the shared critical quotes between the royal and the retainers. If you played Birthright and experiences the phenomenon that is Crit King Ryoma, then this line is very iconic to the red lobster himself. Matt Mercer again has perfect delivery on the special quote lines, and you can feel Ryoma's confidence and strength in the spoken words. Very close honourable mention to "May your blood crust my blade." since it is a Heroes-original line, and probably makes Ryoma's lines more unique, but it's just not as catchy or iconic as my preferred quote.

Saizo- "You have breathed your last!' This quote is so intimidating, and Saizo probably edges out Ryoma in delivering this line (only slightly though!), since this quote is perfect for his angry and edgy personality. Great emphasis on the words. Shout out to "Time for mayhem" for the use of mayhem, pretty good for a Heroes-original quote but it doesn't fit Saizo as well as my chosen quote.

Kagero- "Absolute annihilation." First of all, I love the word 'annihilation'. Bonus points for the use of alliteration, so it's pretty good for a quote that wasn't in the original game. Her other quotes are a bit quiet, and if the shouting version of "You have breathed your last" form Fates was used, my vote would have quickly gone to to that quote.

Matt Mercer <3

Again, he really delivers with Ryoma. I love the way he delivers his lines. I went with 'You have breathed your last' because I really like the way he says this, but I also adore 'We stand together'. I'm not as keen on 'May your blood crust my blade' since it's a little gory for me, but it has great delivery. 'You deserve worse' just makes me think... well give them worse!

Saizo - 'Saizo the Fifth strikes' - I feel like this one suits him most... although something can be said for the simple 'Die'.

Kagero - 'Absolute Annihilation' - Amazing Alliteration :D ...I adore alliteration. I'm a simple soul...  

5 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Matt Mercer <3

Again, he really delivers with Ryoma. I love the way he delivers his lines. I went with 'You have breathed your last' because I really like the way he says this, but I also adore 'We stand together'. I'm not as keen on 'May your blood crust my blade' since it's a little gory for me, but it has great delivery. 'You deserve worse' just makes me think... well give them worse!

Saizo - 'Saizo the Fifth strikes' - I feel like this one suits him most... although something can be said for the simple 'Die'.

Kagero - 'Absolute Annihilation' - Amazing Alliteration :D ...I adore alliteration. I'm a simple soul...  

Well, your name is alliteration! :D

And so is Matt Mercer!

Also another thing I forgot in my Saizo line analysis- while 'Saizo the Fifth strikes' is probably the most unique to him, I feel like, it's just stating the obvious and it's a tiny bit rushed. Still suits him though! Probably works better when said in Japanese in my opinion, but it'll be interesting to see which one is the most popular :)

Edited by mcsilas

Ryoma“We stand together.” — Unity and loyalty are two of Fates’ main themes and praised virtues, and the head of the Hoshidan royal family embodies these feats via Matthew Mercer’s voice.

Saizo“Die.” — The Angry Ninja doesn’t mince words. If you cross him in his Ben Diskin-voiced glory, you die. Now. (Actually, “You die. Now!” would’ve been my line of choice for Ryoma, but alas.)

Kagero“You have breathed your last.” — The only time I’m preferring the shared quote. Sarah Blandy’s delivery definitely evokes an image of a no-nonsense kunoichi. Go Kagero.

Just now, mcsilas said:

Well, your name is alliteration! :D

And so is Matt Mercer!

Also another thing I forgot in my Saizo line analysis- while 'Saizo the Fifth strikes' is probably the most unique to him, I feel like, it's just stating the obvious and it's a tiny bit rushed. Still suits him though! Probably works better when said in Japanese though.

I like the way it's delivered in English, myself. I feel it's said at the right Tempo... plus more alliteration :D

Gotta love that alliteration ^.^

I'm not so keen on shared quotes... I find I want more lines unique to the people, although I suppose the different delivery styles can be nice.

I been playing birthright recently, I love all these characters and and my favs are "Your have breathed your last", "Time for Mayhem", and "Absolute Annihlation". For some reason, "Time for Mayhem" doesn't fit with Saizo at all, and yet it's my favorite out of his quotes. Ironic, huh.

Ryoma: “May your blood crust my blade”. I really like this one, even though it sounds a little gross when you think about it.

Saizo: “Die!” I know, the quote itself isn’t special, but Saizo says the line so well and it fits his blunt and kinda edgy personality. Damn does he sound scary. “Saizo the Fifth strikes!” also gets a nod. The other two didn’t leave me as impressed; “You have breathed your last” sounds a little off and “Time for meyhem” just doesn’t suit him at all.

Kagero: Sarah Blandy has much improved her iteration of Kagero, sounding more mysterious and mature than in Fates. “Absolute annihilation” fits this change perfectly. 

I hope we get to Michalis/Minerva/Maria soon.

And here are your picks:

Ryoma- "You have breathed your last."

Saizo - "Die."

Kagero - "Absolute annihilation!"

Chrom -  "Anything can change!" 

And now from Hoshido we step into Nohr and look at Xander, Laslow and Peri!

Full_Special_Xander.png?itok=Apv-mhDpBtlFace_C_40.png?itok=WK_91z-9BtlFace_C_61.png?itok=B_BnoWi_

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Xander/Quotes#English

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Laslow/Quotes#English

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Peri/Quotes#English

------------------

My picks:

Xander- "Down on your knees!" Very authoritative, fitting the Crown Prince of Nohr. Next is probably, "Right where I want you" because gameplay-wise he baits enemies and fires back with Distant Counter Siegfried :P

Laslow- "Shall we dance?" really suits the dancing side of Laslow. No Liam O'Brien, but this line is still delivered the best, and the other lines are a bit generic word-wise.

Peri- "Bye-bye intestines" is a very Peri line. There's a bit of an unsettling quality to the voice, which fits Peri, bordering on child-like and insane. Honourable mention to "Time to play" - Peri borrows the shared quote for Camilla and her retainers, but it still fits her and the elongated "Plaaaay" is very unsettling and fitting. I find the voice quality in the lines here better than the map lines (and to be honest I prefer this VA than her Fates VA - in terms of her critical quote lines at least. Both have different strengths.).

@SilvertheShadow I just have to go through a few lords then I'll move on :)

It's funny. I love all of Laslow's lines, but I can't stand Peri's. I think it's just the timbre of her voice. Like...all I imagine is a muppet trying to tear things to shreds when I hear her. That being said, I think her lines are funny aside from "Killing is now." It's not really cute. It's kinda' confusing like she suddenly transforms into a  caveman. "Me Peri. Me Killing Now. Killing is hobby. Me cook good too. *audible screams*" XD I ended up going with "Right where I want you." Not very original, but I think I liked the delivery of it the best.

Xander: “Down on your knees!” — because the crown prince of Nohr is about to execute you on the spot. Excellent delivery by Davis Stanbra.

Laslow“Shall we dance?” — because deep down it’s still good ol’ Inigo, son of his mother, and Mick Wingert will not allow us to forget this fact.

Peri“Bye-bye, intestines!” — because no other like of hers creates the impression of a psychotic gleeful killer as well as does this one. Praise be Cindy Robinson and her extensive range.

I really like Xander's quotes. I went for 'You're going home - in pieces', but I really like all of them. His delivery is excellent :D

Laslow - 'Shall we dance' and 'Don't make me laugh' were tied, so I went for the first one since it's just so Laslow :)

Peri - Mmmm... Not so keen on her voice. It's so shrill. I know it's meant to be but that doesn't mean I have to like it. I went for 'Bye-Bye intestines' because it again feels just so Peri.

15 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

\It's not really cute. It's kinda' confusing like she suddenly transforms into a  caveman. "Me Peri. Me Killing Now. Killing is hobby. Me cook good too. *audible screams*" XD

Yeah that's the strangest of all for me, I don't see why that line was added.

And wow, so far ties on both Xander AND Peri. I think Peri's has been the most divisive though.

I don’t get why “Killing is now” line gets such unfortunate response. Killing is, well, a process of killing. She could have said “Time to kill the fools” and that would have sounded stupid. But it is a line not worse than the others.

Confused.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

I don’t get why “Killing is now” line gets such unfortunate response. Killing is, well, a process of killing. She could have said “Time to kill the fools” and that would have sounded stupid. But it is a line not worse than the others.

Confused.

I'm not entirely sure why it bothers me. I know Peri isn't known for being the most coherent character, but that's because she's kind of childish. So things like "Let's get stabby" (I think that's one of her lines from the game) don't bother me. But with "Killing is now," replacing any word with "Killing" just doesn't make it feel like a "proper" sentence even by Peri standards...just a bad localization that's not really morbidly cute, just awkward. I'm not quite sure how I'd fix it or what the Japanese line is.

Baking is now. Running is now. Crying is now.... I might use the first one if someone asked me what time baking class was, but I'm not sure what other context the format would make sense. 

Then again, I'm probably just overthinking it. XD