Tempest Trials: Less than Heroic!

Vaximillian

Thanks to autobattle I easily got about 40k, I did have to replace my Arden with BK though.  Now my plan is to train up Joshua to use him instead so he can build up SP and HM.

1 hour ago, Raven said:

I want as many as possible in the bank when that 8% banner lands.

This is my plan too, I think there should be a good amount to build up thanks to the timing of the TT.

Edited by Zelgius

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@Symphonicas Roy reached 71 ATK/54 SPD without a merge though. 

Yeah, being +Atk, having the Speed +3 seal, and having summoner support will do that (since that's +5/5 over base whereas I only have +3/3 over base due to +8 merges and neutral Atk and Spd).

1 hour ago, Prince Endriu said:

Most tiring TT experience so far - cant really bring myself to do lots of runs in a row....

What's different to earlier TTs? 

It's fun to use the boosted CYL units. 

28 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yeah, being +Atk, having the Speed +3 seal, and having summoner support will do that (since that's +5/5 over base whereas I only have +3/3 over base due to +8 merges and neutral Atk and Spd).

I'm tempted to pull for a better nature of him, but in the end even my first -ATK copy was very useful (currently I run +RES/-DEF +1). +SPD would be the best nature I think?  

Getting A/A on Lunatic 5 is extremely hard without a boosted mage maybe I should try to get Xx_L00t_xX. Bike and Lancina can hold their own up to map 5 most of the time but Arvis has a tendency to kill himself on the baiting maps. 

What gives more points, getting A/A on Hard 5 or A/B on Lunatic 5?

11 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Getting A/A on Lunatic 5 is extremely hard without a boosted mage maybe I should try to get Xx_L00t_xX. Bike and Lancina can hold their own up to map 5 most of the time but Arvis has a tendency to kill himself on the baiting maps. 

What gives more points, getting A/A on Hard 5 or A/B on Lunatic 5?

Lunatic 5 A/B: 40 (base) * 5 (maps cleared) * 1.5 (speed) * 1.15 (survival) = 345

Hard 5 A/A: 35 (base) * 5 (maps cleared) * 1.5 (speed) * 1.2 (survival) = 315

44 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I'm tempted to pull for a better nature of him, but in the end even my first -ATK copy was very useful (currently I run +RES/-DEF +1). +SPD would be the best nature I think?  

Other than the perfectly neutral copy that I pulled of him, all of my other copies have been one of -Atk, -Spd, or only affected defensive stats, so I ended up just using the neutral one as the base.

[+Spd, -Res/-Def/-HP] is generally considered the best nature since it lets him double attack more often since Blazing Durandal's massive Atk stat and Hone Cavalry generally take care of keeping Heavy Blade active.

20 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Lunatic 5 A/B: 40 (base) * 5 (maps cleared) * 1.5 (speed) * 1.15 (survival) = 345

Hard 5 A/A: 35 (base) * 5 (maps cleared) * 1.5 (speed) * 1.2 (survival) = 315

Thanks!

So A/B it is. Having to waste like 1 minute on the last map isn't as bad as losing 300 points in 10 runs.

I wasn’t all that excited about the close defense seal until I realized how amazing it’s going to be on CC Boey and Leon. I can’t wait now, and I’m bummed I’ll have to wait until the end of the arena week to get it to level 3. 

My team of bIke, Soren, Lute, and Dorcas is way more competent than I was expecting. Those stat boosts on bIke and Dorcas are just stupid good. I’ve even been able to let them loose on the five map lunatic on auto battle with decent success. Even if the AI loves having Dorcas throw himself at all of the Ruby Sword and t-adept reds that show up. 

The AB pisses me off when I watch my team of 4 die. Before my same team of Ephraim, Sigurd, Ike, BIke could always solo the map on ABs, but it's not working the same as before. Also the only to beat Boss BIke easily is a with a red mage, which I don't know how to incorporate.

Got the 5* Joshua! I wonder if I should replace Arvis with him. On one hand with the buffs Joshua is going to be a monster but on the other hand Arvis is my only source of magic damage (and I've seen some bulky Bartres around).

CYL Ike is definitely a tough cookie, but I've learned that, if Dorcas is at full or near full health, and Ike hasn't charged his special yet, then Dorcas can survive and double on enemy phase, leaving Ike with <15 HP. Then he can either be killed or weakened further by CYL Lyn, and Dorcas can grab the kill if Ike's at less than 10 HP. Alternatively, chasing Ike around a pillar with CYL Lyn works if Dorcas isn't available. I'll be very sad once CYL Lyn maxes her HM...

I learned not to attack Ike and just let enemy Ike attack my Ike so he won't activate Aether the next round

also i've been so annoyed with the baiting maps that have Raigh in them that I resorted to giving Camus Grani's Shield for the TT, since Fury damage adds up too much. Can't even bait him with Katarina because she's -Res and is usually low health anyway to activate Desperation

still i'm glad Katarina came just before this TT. You really need a red mage for Ike, and Tharja and Arvis already maxed HM. Meanwhile, i finally gave Leo the final form of Rawrblade and the extra damage really helps. Best investment ever. 

Joshua can work as a budget Bike killer for people running Lunatic 7. With Atk +3, Axebreaker, Quick Pulse, and +8 Atk from buffs, he can do 37x2 on initiation assuming Ike is unbuffed. The +8 can come from some combination of Brave Lucina, Delthea, a Spur Atk bot, and a Hone Atk bot. Maxing out the Spur Atk seal can help here, and so can summoner support.

Until I hit 30k for 5* Joshua though, I’ve settled for doing Lunatic 5 on autobattle, since I only have Brave Lyn as a bonus unit. I still need Axebreaker for the Bikebreaker build so I might settle for just kiting Ike’s teammates before having Joshua duel him. RIP my turncount.

Using CYLyn instead of Reinhardt works well for the most part, but having neither a mage or a strong blue hurts a but, since half the units seem to be red.

I have come to the conclusion that the AutoBattle AI Loathes and Hates Genny with a passion unrivaled by any other. Constantly splits her off and lets her stand around and get surrounded by melee or leaves her in range of Kagero. Cause why not. My auto team normally gets all 3 others to the end battle. Though the auto battle fails hard on B!Ike. For reference I am using a team of B!Ike, B!Lucina, Genny, and Sakura. Healers are of course have weapons unequiped to keep them from rushing head first into battle. Sakura has Recover and Genny Physic.

And someone need to tell B!Ike that he isn't supposed to lure out TA Sanaki. Maybe he just likes pain.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Using CYLyn instead of Reinhardt works well for the most part, but having neither a mage or a strong blue hurts a but, since half the units seem to be red.

This is the first (or rather second, or even technically third) tempest without Reinhardt for me, and it still works relatively well with blade+ Katarina, Eirika, TA3 lightning breath+ Ninian, and Steady Breath QR Ignis CYL Ike.

13 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

This is the first (or rather second, or even technically third) tempest without Reinhardt for me, and it still works relatively well with blade+ Katarina, Eirika, TA3 lightning breath+ Ninian, and Steady Breath QR Ignis CYL Ike.

The only reason I'm not using him is that he is completely maxed in HM and SP, and I've run out of skills to teach him.

It's funny when the battle tap dialogues synergies.

Shigure: "Shall I sing?"

"Yes"

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

The only reason I'm not using him is that he is completely maxed in HM and SP, and I've run out of skills to teach him.

Same for me, actually. It’s not that I’ve run out of skills, he doesn’t need any more skills. I replaced him with his sister for the last tempest, but she is maxed out too.

And Katarina is an adorable wrecking ball with Desperation.

12 hours ago, mampfoid said:

What's different to earlier TTs? 

It's fun to use the boosted CYL units. 

Guess I am a little bit fed up with the mode. They should really make it one week long.

ALL RIGHT. Totally productive. Got to 42,708 points which puts me at rank 4740. It took me a little while, but Raven!Cecilia, Brave Lucina, Mia, and Joshua are a pretty sweet team. I'm going to take a short break from seriously grinding to train up my new Dorcas and maybe Tailtiu since she decided to grace me with her presence. :3

@Prince Endriu Agreed, Mini-TTs were nice. 

14 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Thanks!

So A/B it is. Having to waste like 1 minute on the last map isn't as bad as losing 300 points in 10 runs.

Forgot about the bonus, but that shouldn't change the fact that lunatic is better for auto battling, since survival is the least important factor: 

Lunatic 5 A/B: 40 (base) * 5 (maps cleared) * 1.5 (speed) * 1.15 (survival) * 1.4 (40% bonus) = 483

Hard 5 A/A: 35 (base) * 5 (maps cleared) * 1.5 (speed) * 1.2 (survival) * 1.4 (40% bonus) = 441

Oops, forgot to unequip Sakura's Fear staff before going into auto battle. It really likes to separate healers(it would be nice if healers would stay in range of the folks they need to heal rather than hanging a dozen turns back) even without that issue. Still at least she seems to prioritize healing over attacking. Though it likes to use her to tank brave users, I guess -6 attack is 24 less damage when she gets quad attacked?

Edited by Usana