Tempest Trials: Less than Heroic!

Vaximillian

I pulled a Brave Roy while trying to pull Mia, and I have him freshly trained and ready to go! Mia is all set to go as well. Brave Lyn isn't maxed out on HM yet, so she'll be able to do some runs. That'll be fun, running teams with mostly bonus heroes! Plus, PA Azura and Inigo are only about halfway on HM, so I have dancers available too!

Here's the current state of my HM list:

Spoiler

CJ7cY84.jpg

Only 21 maxed, but I'm sure that'll go up soon.

4 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

@mampfoid, @Alkaid, @Roflolxp54, and all of those who’ve got Priscilla: you are on my personal list, guys. My personal list.

I suppose I'm on the list too now, huh? The list, the personal list....

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Awww, I totally thought that the Tempest Trials started tonight for some reason... Now I'm sad.  :P:

Same for me ... was ready with my team and all ... "Battles are now closed" 

Why do they start on Tuesday anyway? We'll have arena to do! 

Imma join the club of people who thought it started today. XD I was so excited... Whoops. That's what I get for jumping the gun. I guess that means I can chill tonight and finish some more of those non-Lunatic chain challenges.

37 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Imma join the club of people who thought it started today. XD I was so excited... Whoops. That's what I get for jumping the gun. I guess that means I can chill tonight and finish some more of those non-Lunatic chain challenges.

Me four. So used to xx/xx/2017 12am, forgot every event will now be a day later than I'm used to til daylight savings comes around again. 

5 minutes ago, Silent shifter said:

Didnt the stream say 20 Nov start for Tempest Trails? I actually prepared for it.

Apparently Feh doesn’t know about time zones or something. Silly cute ball of feathers.

11 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Apparently Feh doesn’t know about time zones or something. Silly cute ball of feathers.

Nah, she does. It's just that they used the time zone that matches with Nintendo of America's location (Washington state in the US), where the daily refresh technically occurs the day before it happens for some of us. Whereas this TT will start on November 20th in Pacific Time (11 PM), it won't start for me until the 21st (1 AM) for example.

Does it make it worse that my time zone is Pacific, and I still thought it was starting tonight?  D'oh... :unsure:

I guess I was so used to 12am being the daily reset before, and now that it's 11pm, it threw me off.

Edited by Infinite Dreams

I'm with you guys who thought it started today. I came home from work and went to start  some TT runs and then I remembered that I already knew it started tomorrow.

I am so ready for this TT. I have two teams ready to go. One led by +Def/-Spd Dorcas with Aether inherited. And the other led by B!ike. Just waiting on Joshua to fill the final slot on team 2.

Gonna get so much HM.

I really want to see either a Renewal seal or a Fury seal. Renewal would make the Falchion Clerics basically always full on health, and Fury would allow for some hilariously large HP drops after combat. Especially if there is a Poison Strike seal. Valter could potentially lose 43? Hp after being attacked for 0 damage by Jaffar. Celica would lose 44, lol.

So who in terms of type of unit should I have with BIke for this TT? He'll be great for his defence, but his offence isn't amazing and he could use some help there. Don't need specifics here, just some suggestions.

Brave Lyn will have Horse Emblem to help her on a backup team (it will be glorious), and my only other brave unit is -Atk Roy.

17 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Nah, she does. It's just that they used the time zone that matches with Nintendo of America's location (Washington state in the US), where the daily refresh technically occurs the day before it happens for some of us. Whereas this TT will start on November 20th in Pacific Time (11 PM), it won't start for me until the 21st (1 AM) for example.

Why state of Washington out of all the different places in the US? Like... I've been here all morning thinking the TT would be some time today, but it's actually tomorrow i just calculated. Damn that Pacific Time, everyone knows EST is superior.

15 minutes ago, Logos said:

Why state of Washington out of all the different places in the US? Like... I've been here all morning thinking the TT would be some time today, but it's actually tomorrow i just calculated. Damn that Pacific Time, everyone knows EST is superior.

I was just thinking about that, california or new york would make way more sense for NoA to be located, especially given that the the nintendo store is in new york. they should have had it in missouri, if they wanted to be really evil, then their employees would have to work extra hard because there would be no other tech jobs in missouri for them to fall back on.

6 hours ago, Dayni said:

So who in terms of type of unit should I have with BIke for this TT? He'll be great for his defence, but his offence isn't amazing and he could use some help there. Don't need specifics here, just some suggestions.

Brave Lyn will have Horse Emblem to help her on a backup team (it will be glorious), and my only other brave unit is -Atk Roy.

Azura or Shigure, since singing is always helpful, and blue covers BIke against red. Other than that, BRoy could help, even with -atk, Galeforce is still really strong in TTs. Let him borrow quicken pulse too. For a fourth unit, maybe a healer, via staff user, or Falchion/renewal ardent sacrificers.

If you don't wanna use Broy, another unit with Galeforce can take his place. I mean, Galeforce isn't necessary, but I think it helps a lot. 

3 hours ago, Logos said:

I mentioned Washington state since Nintendo of America is headquartered there and because of that, that's likely the reason the broadcast was using Pacific Time specifically. You can also blame this confusion on daylight savings time expiring because if it didn't, the daily refresh for the Pacific Time zone would occur during the same day as those of us east of that time zone.

Man I'm loving these seals. Close Def just like I was hoping for -- Beruka flying fortress here I come! Hone Spd is amazing too. It's gonna be sick having both atk and spd hones on one unit. Savage Blow is kinda neat for my Faye, even if I don't really use her. 14 damage to nearby enemies(SB also in her C slot) sounds fun.

10 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Savage blow, Hone spd and Close defense

Beat me to it.

Close Defense is definitely the best of the bunch but Savage blow can definitely get some good use. Hone Spd seal just gives buff bots a bit more versatility.