Tempest Trials: Less than Heroic!

Vaximillian

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

One of the early Path of Radiance themes. Let me see.

Found it: His Father’s Son.

Ah thanks. Well that's quite fitting for a B!Ike theme, but for a final boss map? Not what I expected but strangely refreshing!

Makes me think clearer and be calmer at least.

Stage is beautiful though. Looks like RD-inspired.

But yeah strange how they mix in FE6 maps here, I though they would add the new Offbeat Heroes set of maps. Still, some of the CYL maps are annoying because of the need to bait :/

4* Joshua Get! 

Gonna' take a break to train him up and promote because I wanna merge these guys together. Plus my Brave Lyn just maxed out HM, and I wanna' use another bonus unit for funsies. His lines are pretty fun. But I also realized that his stats are almost identical to Lloyd's. One less ATK and HP, and two less natural RES. All of that extra BST went to DEF. He could probably run a pretty decent distant counter build though. 

I love his lines. Gotta' make Secret Prince Emblem now.

Having three characters boosted is... really good. These two runs was really nice, even when the enemies were not the ones I can deal with easily.

Team :

Spoiler

545547TT1.png

Lute [+Res -Def] | B!Ike [+Spd -HP] | B!Lucina [+HP -Spd] (didn't have Swordbreaker during these two runs) | Alm [+Spd -Def]

Having B!Ike +Spd, with an S support with B!Lucina (or maybe he doesn't have need that) make that he can double the B!Ike boss and make him low HP. I'm thankful for this IV for the second time.

Finally had the SP to slap Rawrblade onto Leo.

He misses out on a few kills because it's not the + version (and Spd bane doesn't help, but hey Leo is slow anyway) but damn Rawrblade is so satisfying. I just need my dancer to be alive so Leo can 'double'.

Basically, having a red mage is good for B!Ike, since I tried doing 4 red swordies against B!Ike and even then they had a hard time because of Aether.

Thank goodness they released Arvis last month if you didn't have a good red mage

Guess who forgot Deirdre ignores buffs? If only that someone was able to get her that one time, they wouldn’t have lost Katarina so stupidly and rageevac’d that team in favour of their trusted horses…

almost 15k just from doing the 2 first bonus fights, getting Joshua from 4 Star lvl 1 to 5 Star lvl 40 and then just spamming Lunatic 5 turn (not 7) in auto battle wiht B!Ike+10 and BLyn+7 Azama+10 Wrys both with Arkanum. Healers dont die, and my +10 B!Ike cant die with those healers backing him up, BLyn occasionally dies.

@Vaximillian@mampfoid@JSND Alter Dragon Boner

He is so disgusting. He can 1RKO Brave Ike if certain conditions are met. He can't be in desperation range, Brave Ike doesn't get a def buff or trigger Aether and either ally support from Brave Lyn or at least Atk+2 Sacred Seal (though Mr TinyHands currently has it equipped)
Squad Ace E sacred seal when?

Spoiler

nkfgZz2.png

Looks like Serra and Lucius are going to remain uncapped in HM for a while longer as I’m running masked Marth as my pseudo-healer mainly because Dorcas, Reinhardt, and Olivia struggle on the final map due to Brave Ike being ridiculously powerful.

So... I'll just leave this here:

Spoiler

I7zbSQu.jpgBuffs are from Delthea. Dark Aura + Hone Spd 3 + Fortify Def 3 SS.

Might switch out DD3 SS for CC3 SS, then I can built a mage tank Berkut (when Weapon forge is unlocked). I think Def tank, and Res Tank would do well together :)

Tfw 15k isn't anywhere close to top 5k. People sure love to grind like crazy in these things, the best I can aim today is 25k and I'm thinking if it's worth it to go to 200k just for some feathers.

I'm autobattling on the third highest level just now with Brave Ike, Arden, Mae, and Lissa. I'd get more consistant results replacing Arden with BK, but I wouldn't gain any SP or HM that way so I'd prefer this team. The Close Defense seal seems really interesting so I'm looking forward to getting and upgrading that, not to mention building up more orbs for next week.

I have to admit, the more TTs that come around the more I appreciate and enjoy them.

28 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Tfw 15k isn't anywhere close to top 5k. People sure love to grind like crazy in these things, the best I can aim today is 25k and I'm thinking if it's worth it to go to 200k just for some feathers.

I'm sure around halfway through the week some people will drop off and start taking it easy half way through.

Got Joshy already. 

Fairly simple set of maps this time around I must say. Then again Ike is a straightforward and simple dude so it makes sense for the maps to be as well.

Welcome back to the team, Arvis!  You were gone from one of my teams for maybe half a day before reappearing on the "Point Team", though you won't make it onto the farming team.  Brave Roy's on both for now, but once I get his S rank ally support he's being removed from the farming team to keep him from capping HM too fast.

Okay. I think I finally got my team figured out. I tried a few different configurations. My first team was B. Lucina, B. Lyn, Mia, and Julia which worked pretty well, but Lyn maxed out HM quickly. Renewal Julia was fairly useful, but I needed more healing power, so I switched her out for Priscilla. I also took a quick break to level up my 4* Joshua to 5* Lv. 40, so he replaced Lyn. It kind of worked. Priscilla could at least bait mages, but not archers. I finally settled on Cecilia. Gave Joshua Renewal 2, so I can use him to bait melee without much consequence. Lucina and Mia both have Aether. I think I may give my TA!Cecilia Sol... She tends to die by the final map.

Got Arvis still on my non-bonus run team since I didn't max his HM in the last one and am still running out of healers that have yet to max out. It's extremely convenient that his natural special move lets him bypass the tough damage reduction effects of Brave Ike and Sigurd, allowing for one round kills. And having access to a 40% unit means I owe it to myself to attempt to rank highly by the end of this. Once Arvis and Innes get maxed out, I'm putting in Brave Roy and Lyn for some more fun with uber units.

11 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Guess who forgot Deirdre ignores buffs? If only that someone was able to get her that one time, they wouldn’t have lost Katarina so stupidly and rageevac’d that team in favour of their trusted horses…

And you call yourself a Deirdre fan. This is why she's not here yet

Wow I actually forgot that effect, too. No wonder she can still fight back with Quick Riposte when I let my Rawrblade Leo/Katarina at her