Tempest Trials: Less than Heroic!

Vaximillian

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

And you call yourself a Deirdre fan. This is why she's not here yet

A vicious circle. I don’t have Deirdre → I don’t know her enough → she isn’t amused → I don’t have Deirdre…

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, bethany81707 said:

I'm struggling. With a 20%, I'll need stamina pots for all the orbs, but I don't have the drive to use them... and not just because Pokemon.

That last part is the entire reason why I've only gotten a bit past 7,000 on my end. My drive to do TT runs is pretty much nonexistent thanks to my copy of Ultra Moon and my complete inability to put it down.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

A vicious circle. I don’t have Deirdre → I don’t know her enough → she isn’t amused → I don’t have Deirdre…

Just be like @DefaultBeep, forget she has a skill like Speed Ploy and then she'll appear like nowhere aka the Dorcas Infantry Pulse incident

@Tybrosion @bethany81707 Yeah i'm really finding this TT to be a chore this time around plus also because I want to move on in Ultra Sun. I just want to get out of the slow early game already.

also i hate Sigurd and his Miracle, especially if he is in the final map with B!Ike. Two super bulky melee units really mess up my speed score

12 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Just be like @DefaultBeep, forget she has a skill like Speed Ploy and then she'll appear like nowhere aka the Dorcas Infantry Pulse incident

It's true @Vaximillian. If you forget that she has Spd Ploy, and then honestly complain that Spd Ploy isn't available on a unit right now, then she'll show up immediately. It's just like I told you about promoting a -Atk Titania to attract her with a better boon: if a unit gets a chance to spite you, then they will take that chance.

Anyway, speaking of Dorcas, he's made this Tempest much more bearable. Only my first run was without a 40% bonus unit, and I currently have a score of 12,811, using a team of Dorcas, Ninian, Mist, and CYL Lyn I'm not gonna rush reaching 99,999, since I don't want to pull on the current banners, so I'll be taking this Tempest pretty casually, at least until the upcoming banner arrives. Hopefully I'll get enough feathers to continue building my Lilina soon as well.

Well training ground TT as I like to think of map 5 hard is in full effect for me, B!Ike is on the team for the points and everyone else is grinding exp.  I am sitting at 9,500 points right now and I think I will call it a day.  I am really looking forward to the 5* Joshua since I don't have the feathers for his 4 star version right now.  I need to promote the Askr trio to 5* before I promote anyone else. 

Earlier this morning, at one point I actually managed to get a higher rank and total score on my friend Pandog's account than my own. Of course, I've gotten a lot further on mine since then.

Taking a break from now, I'll continue after the reset. I'm so glad I actually have a 40% unit this time.

I've spent over 110 orbs on the banner, almost exclusively on colorless summons and I still don't have Brave Lyn...

One of the sessions didn't have a colorless summon available, so I picked an orb at random. It was Brave Roy.

I just thought it was kind of funny how I was trying so hard to get one brave hero and got a different one without really even trying to.

Edited by Dracologist

34 minutes ago, Dracologist said:

I've spent over 110 orbs on the banner, almost exclusively on colorless summons and I still don't have Brave Lyn...

One of the sessions didn't have a colorless summon available, so I picked an orb at random. It was Brave Roy.

Welcome to Gacha, dark home of disappointment and agony, sugercoated with the occasional spark of light.

2 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Welcome to Gacha, dark home of disappointment and agony, sugercoated with the occasional spark of light.

There's definitely a reason I refuse to spend money on orbs. The moment I break that rule, I'll drive myself into bankruptcy trying to get one of my favorite characters.

17 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

...Screw Hero Merit. One day in and I'm sick of this Tempest's crap. Fae, Tana, your turn.

How fitting. I just came here to thank Hero Merit, because I never have to use Mist again now that she's maxed hers out. Shame that all of my dancers and Falchion Medics have maxed theirs as well, but... it's always good to find a bright side?

Goal for today is to get 5* Joshua for the merge. I'm a lot more motivated this time around than I was last Tempest for some reason. Kinda wanna cheese things with Reinhardt, but I wanna' max out some HM first. Cecilia is getting pretty close, but I think I'll keep using her. Lucina, Mia, and Joshua have a ways to go... Still kinda wish I had Dorcas because I feel like he'd make my life a lot easier, but I can be patient. 

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

My Katarina just one-shot the boss Ike… with a Glacies proc and full buff. Awesome.

QR/Bonfire Eldigan one-rounds him as well (on EP), I just have to find out if Hone Cav is needed or not. 

/Edit: Hone Cav is needed. 

Edited by mampfoid

4 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Stupid baiting maps

I had too much schadenfreude chipping boss Ike with Ursula running around the pillar. Once he was left at 2 HP, I surrendered to not give him victory.

Then I brought in Celica and Ragnarok’d his sorry ass into stratosphere.

Edited by Vaximillian

I took the 4* Josh and promoted him to 5* pretty much right away. 5* Joshua is SUPER tanky in these TT. Once I got the 5* reward, he got fed straight to Josh for the +1 merge.

With his S-support on B!Lucina he can one-round B!Ike on Lunatic-7 as long as he is adjacent to her, and initiates. And thanks to Dorcas's Infantry Pulse, he starts every map with Moonbow charged.

Score of 36,902 is currently good for rank # 2,939

1 hour ago, Hawk King said:

I took the 4* Josh and promoted him to 5* pretty much right away. 5* Joshua is SUPER tanky in these TT. Once I got the 5* reward, he got fed straight to Josh for the +1 merge.

With his S-support on B!Lucina he can one-round B!Ike on Lunatic-7 as long as he is adjacent to her, and initiates. And thanks to Dorcas's Infantry Pulse, he starts every map with Moonbow charged.

Score of 36,902 is currently good for rank # 2,939

I did the exact same thing! I haven't loved any of the free units enough to promote/merge them, so he's the first. I'm super excited to stick the Close Defense Seal on him just to enjoy all that bulk for fun. So far, I really like using him. He's such a boss, and his lines are great!

1 hour ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I did the exact same thing! I haven't loved any of the free units enough to promote/merge them, so he's the first. I'm super excited to stick the Close Defense Seal on him just to enjoy all that bulk for fun. So far, I really like using him. He's such a boss, and his lines are great!

I just got the Close Defense seal and I don't have enough Great badges to upgrade to Lv 3. :(:

He seriously never dies though and I also love his lines/VA. He's like a good ol' southern boy.

I've gotten up to 40k points and fully upgraded the Close Defense Seal, and gave it to Brave Lyn. Maybe now she won't die so hard when the AI auto-runs her into Lunatic 5 enemy melee range and gets her killed before chapter 4.

I've used at least 10 or more stamina potions getting to this point spamming Lunatic 5 on auto-run, on top of scoring max points on Lunatic 7 when I've got the multiplier going on. Doing it for the orbs; I want as many as possible in the bank when that 8% banner lands. I had over 200 stamina potions stored up anyway, so it's no big deal.