The Everyday Life of Heroes - Official FEH Manga (with translations)! Ch. 100!!! (10/23)

Coolmanio

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh. You know, that's actually kind of how I pictured the seals looking. Kind of like medals...or coasters, I guess.

7 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Huh. You know, that's actually kind of how I pictured the seals looking. Kind of like medals...or coasters, I guess.

They previously appeared back in Chapter 22, granted, it was held sideways in Kiran's hand so it was hard to tell, and Chapter 49 also had blessings appear as physical badges.

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

what would you want for Serra? just a heavier might absorb?

A prf Absorb with built in Mystic Boost + Breath of Life 3 to heal both Serra and her allies for 7 after each round of combat.

Edited by Zeo

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

A prf Absorb with built in Mystic Boost + Breath of Life 3 to heal both Serra and her allies for 7 after each round of combat.

Isn't that too much?

Stacking Absorb + Mythic Boost + Breath of Life? The healing would be insane.

7 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Isn't that too much?

Stacking Absorb + Mythic Boost + Breath of Life? The healing would be insane.

On a Gen 4 healer with 160+ BST and a built in OP skill like ATK/SPD Push 4 + a mount of some kind? Absolutely. On Serra? No.

It's like Odin's refine. If it was on literally any other blue mage, it would be busted. But on him? It's just decent.

Edited by Zeo

So the problem with unique staves is the fact that there are multiple absurdly good inheritable options that work on any unit.

Having unique staff pretty much means you're either locked to using the unit in the specific way that the staff wants you to use it or you're using an inheritable staff and the existence of the unique staff made no difference.

While this argument appears like it would be applicable for any other weapon type's refines, the difference is the fact that staff users in support roles have zero use for any of their stats whereas combat units' performance and build options are intrinsically tied with their stat spread. Because of this, it's far less likely for a combat unit's weapon refine to completely change the unit's role or invalidate skills that a player has already given to the unit. In contrast, every staff unit that doesn't have a unique weapon can perform every support-oriented staff role, making the narrowing of their role due to the introduction of unique staves much more likely to conflict with already built units.

Honestly, it'd be better to just give staves the ability to be refined twice (with the second refine's list of options being dependent of the weapon) instead of handing out unique staff weapons.

Edited by Ice Dragon

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

So the problem with unique staves is the fact that there are multiple absurdly good inheritable options that work on any unit.

Having unique staff pretty much means you're either locked to using the unit in the specific way that the staff wants you to use it or you're using an inheritable staff and the existence of the unique staff made no difference.

While this argument appears like it would be applicable for any other weapon type's refines, the difference is the fact that staff users in support roles have zero use for any of their stats whereas combat units' performance and build options are intrinsically tied with their stat spread. Because of this, it's far less likely for a combat unit's weapon refine to completely change the unit's role or invalidate skills that a player has already given to the unit. In contrast, every staff unit that doesn't have a unique weapon can perform every support-oriented staff role, making the narrowing of their role due to the introduction of unique staves much more likely to conflict with already built units.

Honestly, it'd be better to just give staves the ability to be refined twice (with the second refine's list of options being dependent of the weapon) instead of handing out unique staff weapons.

I am not sure about your "2nd tier refinement for staves" idea... You need to refine the weapon for the Wrathful or Dazzling effect, and then refine it again?

I prefer Prf weapons for Staff users, to make each of more unique, with a unique weapon and role. Having a Prf weapon doesn't mean that the unit is forced to use that weapon. Players can do whatever they want with their units. I use Lucius in my infantry team, and even if he receive a Prf Weapon, it's not guaranteed that I will not use Candlelight or Witchy Wand on him anymore, but I would enjoy him with a Prf Weapon.

The only thing that IntSys would need to keep is the Wrathful or Dazzling refinement for the prf weapons.

27 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I am not sure about your "2nd tier refinement for staves" idea... You need to refine the weapon for the Wrathful or Dazzling effect, and then refine it again?

Yes.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Having a Prf weapon doesn't mean that the unit is forced to use that weapon.

Having a unique weapon that doesn't get used is a waste of a unique weapon.

Like Raijinto.

Hrid is such a good brother. Kind of wish he was my brother. (Note: I do not actually have a living brother.)

Also, I really liked the language-learning one. Now THAT'S comradery! =D

7 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Ah, Hrìd, seriously one of my favourite Nifl siblings and now even more so XD

...We...actually like one of the same characters? I never thought this was possible. Seriously.

Great now I’m starting to ship Petra and Athena as if I didn’t have enough Yuri ships in my head already. Oh well it’s adorable so I’m not complaining.

On 10/2/2019 at 6:56 AM, Diovani Bressan said:

I prefer Prf weapons for Staff users, to make each of more unique, with a unique weapon and role. Having a Prf weapon doesn't mean that the unit is forced to use that weapon. Players can do whatever they want with their units. I use Lucius in my infantry team, and even if he receive a Prf Weapon, it's not guaranteed that I will not use Candlelight or Witchy Wand on him anymore, but I would enjoy him with a Prf Weapon.

The only thing that IntSys would need to keep is the Wrathful or Dazzling refinement for the prf weapons.

Coming in late, but Staves are the only thing I use the Refining Stones on - most other Units are going to get a refinable Prf at some point, so I usually just let them wait for it, and I doubt I’m the only one like that. It wouldn’t cause too much damage to have an extra level of refine for Units that don’t generally lack for SP and are the only real non-Dew-using refines probably a fair number of players use.