The Everyday Life of Heroes - Official FEH Manga (with translations)! Ch. 100!!! (10/23)

Coolmanio

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

I am still surprised that this comic has yet to make the "Odin and Owain being in the same place joke" the comedy just kinda writes itself in that scenario

A man of culture right here. 

10 hours ago, Ottservia said:

I am still surprised that this comic has yet to make the "Odin and Owain being in the same place joke" the comedy just kinda writes itself in that scenario

All we need are Caeldori, Asugi, and Severa to have a complete awkward meetings chapter.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

All we need are Caeldori, Asugi, and Severa to have a complete awkward meetings chapter.

Throw in masked marth and Inigo/Laslow as well and you have a recipe for hilarity 

17 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Throw in masked marth and Inigo/Laslow as well and you have a recipe for hilarity 

Well, we already have both Inigo and Laslow in the game (also why I didn't mention Tharja and Rhajat), if you count Inigo's Performing Arts version.

Hmm if Tharja had to pick whose team to be on, would she choose Corrin or Robin, I wonder? (Nothing serious; I was thinking like, a capture the flag team or something. 'Course, knowing her, it'd be an unbearable choice either way.)

9 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Hmm if Tharja had to pick whose team to be on, would she choose Corrin or Robin, I wonder? (Nothing serious; I was thinking like, a capture the flag team or something. 'Course, knowing her, it'd be an unbearable choice either way.)

I mean the whole reincarnation theory is just a headcanon that only has a little basis, no? I believe she'd choose Robin

Edited by Arcphoenix

4 hours ago, Arcphoenix said:

I mean the whole reincarnation theory is just a headcanon that only has a little basis, no?

No pretty sure it's legit. At least, if it were anyone else (say Caeldori) I'd probably doubt it myself, but based on the magics that Tharja and Rhajat dab in, I feel like they specifically would know. I mean, Rhajat specifically sees "a distant sandstorm", which besides the Wind Tribe village seems pretty random when your literally dying.
It also just all seems too carefully plotted to be anything else. Awakening is explicitly stated to take place a long time after the events of Fates (and all the other Fire Emblem games, if the abundance of DLC and Priam's entire existence is anything to go by) when we otherwise don't have a set timeline of events between the separate FE worlds, and Tharja specifically mentions the connection between her and Robin, which if I may be blunt should not exist at all otherwise (Robin can't even recruit her).

12 hours ago, Xenomata said:

No pretty sure it's legit. At least, if it were anyone else (say Caeldori) I'd probably doubt it myself, but based on the magics that Tharja and Rhajat dab in, I feel like they specifically would know. I mean, Rhajat specifically sees "a distant sandstorm", which besides the Wind Tribe village seems pretty random when your literally dying.
It also just all seems too carefully plotted to be anything else. Awakening is explicitly stated to take place a long time after the events of Fates (and all the other Fire Emblem games, if the abundance of DLC and Priam's entire existence is anything to go by) when we otherwise don't have a set timeline of events between the separate FE worlds, and Tharja specifically mentions the connection between her and Robin, which if I may be blunt should not exist at all otherwise (Robin can't even recruit her).

There is that DLC bit in Fates where you meet Chrom, Frederick, and Lissa just before they find Robin, though. I'd say that Fates and Awakening happen at around the same time, with Fates happening just prior to it. That said, the second generation of Awakening's world is a good 20 or so years ahead of the main storyline. But time travel is a thing in that game, too, so I wouldn't put it past them regardless.

3 hours ago, Mercakete said:

There is that DLC bit in Fates where you meet Chrom, Frederick, and Lissa just before they find Robin, though. I'd say that Fates and Awakening happen at around the same time, with Fates happening just prior to it. That said, the second generation of Awakening's world is a good 20 or so years ahead of the main storyline. But time travel is a thing in that game, too, so I wouldn't put it past them regardless.

But Chrom called Hoshido and Nohr the "Mythical Kingdoms" which you do not call something if it just happened a little while ago.

...I'm not one to speak since Awakening was my first game, but remember when the plot of a Fire Emblem game was "those kingdoms are being dicks, go kill some bandits and find your middle ages anime waifu in the process of usurping power, also dragons and legendary weapons of ultimate legend" without having to also add "and also this is one of an infinite unique timeline of possibilities for what could and will happen over the course of history, and we do not just mean who you will middle ages anime waifu hook up with"?

Edited by Xenomata

5 hours ago, Troykv said:

I wonder if were are being teased for a potential Summer Fjorm more Kouhai voicing.

Summer Hrid better join her then. The handsome ice prince can't be left out!

Just now, TheSilentChloey said:

That too but god save our wallets if that's the case!!!

Fair point here. lol Especially if I don't have a new job (again) by then. But that'd be real sad because next summer is pretty far out so I have ZERO intention of being jobless at that point.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Fair point here. lol Especially if I don't have a new job (again) by then. But that'd be real sad because next summer is pretty far out so I have ZERO intention of being jobless at that point.

Yeah.  I wonder if Hrìd has abs of death too XD

Though that should be plenty of time to save orbs for that possibility!!

42 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Yeah.  I wonder if Hrìd has abs of death too XD

Though that should be plenty of time to save orbs for that possibility!!

He probably does, actually, given the small hint we get of them in his NY damage art. lol But it's hard to rival Frederick's rippling torso imo.

Edited by Anacybele

20 hours ago, Xenomata said:

But Chrom called Hoshido and Nohr the "Mythical Kingdoms" which you do not call something if it just happened a little while ago.

...I'm not one to speak since Awakening was my first game, but remember when the plot of a Fire Emblem game was "those kingdoms are being dicks, go kill some bandits and find your middle ages anime waifu in the process of usurping power, also dragons and legendary weapons of ultimate legend" without having to also add "and also this is one of an infinite unique timeline of possibilities for what could and will happen over the course of history, and we do not just mean who you will middle ages anime waifu hook up with"?

As I understood it, the world in which Hoshido and Nhor exist is different from the one in which Ylisse (I hope I spelled that right) exists. However, unless there was some sort of exodus or something (which there could have been) I think Ylisse/Plegia/etc. was once Archinea, and so exists within the same world as Valentia. Also, maybe Tellius too. With the Outrealms, though (which may actually have Askr/Embla at its center and ultimately be their fault) it's entirely possible that migration occurred at some point from other worlds.

6 hours ago, Mercakete said:

As I understood it, the world in which Hoshido and Nhor exist is different from the one in which Ylisse (I hope I spelled that right) exists. However, unless there was some sort of exodus or something (which there could have been) I think Ylisse/Plegia/etc. was once Archinea, and so exists within the same world as Valentia. Also, maybe Tellius too. With the Outrealms, though (which may actually have Askr/Embla at its center and ultimately be their fault) it's entirely possible that migration occurred at some point from other worlds.

*Nohr

That could be a possibility though it's not quite stated explicitly in Fates and it is DLC.

1 hour ago, TheSilentChloey said:

*Nohr

That could be a possibility though it's not quite stated explicitly in Fates and it is DLC.

Thanks for the spelling correction.

If I'm reading you right, you don't consider DLC to be canon. Is that right, or did you mean "and its DLC" as in "it's not quite stated explicitly in Fates + Fates' DLC"?

40 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Thanks for the spelling correction.

If I'm reading you right, you don't consider DLC to be canon. Is that right, or did you mean "and its DLC" as in "it's not quite stated explicitly in Fates + Fates' DLC"?

I don't see DLC as cannon as a rule of thumb, like the Awakening DLC which is more an alternate universe/reality.

49 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I don't see DLC as cannon as a rule of thumb, like the Awakening DLC which is more an alternate universe/reality.

Kinda iffy there, because that generally is the rule of thumb.
However, in their support conversations with each other, the three Awakening time travelers make mention of events that only happen inside the Harvest Festival and Hot Spring DLCs, including Inigo making a promise to Owain, as well as Severa and Owain being at the hot spring and receiving the boons from being the most popular children.

It isn't like how the Ylissean Summer units make mention of going to a beach, or the Nohrian Summer units mention a contest for a pass to a beach resort. The Awakening DLCs, or at least the three Festival Scramble DLCs, actually did happen in some capacity. God now I remembered that there's still Fates DLC we americans don't have and now I'm sad.

2 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I take it as a case-by-case basis. For FE games, usually, DLC seems to be canon. For example, the DLC for Shadows of Valentia which describes how the Deliverance came to be.

5 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

I take it as a case-by-case basis. For FE games, usually, DLC seems to be canon. For example, the DLC for Shadows of Valentia which describes how the Deliverance came to be.

Personally for me if it's not in the main game and behind a paywall it's not canon.  Even if the creator says othwise.  Simply because the main game is the story that was intended to be it.  DLC should only ever be additional content and as far as Fates is I see it as an entirely separate game from Awakening, so if they want to add Easter eggs to the DLC that's more power to them.

1 hour ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Personally for me if it's not in the main game and behind a paywall it's not canon.  Even if the creator says othwise.  Simply because the main game is the story that was intended to be it.  DLC should only ever be additional content and as far as Fates is I see it as an entirely separate game from Awakening, so if they want to add Easter eggs to the DLC that's more power to them.

Whoa, okay, that's taking it a little far. With respect, the creator of a story has the final say on what's canon or not. Not the player. If anyone wants to, they can choose ignorance, but that doesn't change facts. Just because one person thinks that something should be organized a certain way doesn't mean that they get the final say on whether things actually get organized that way or not, unless that person is also the creator of the creation in question.

9 hours ago, Mercakete said:

The continent of Valentia is the same as Valm in Awakening. Any continent not in the same world as Akaneia-Valentia is surely connected by the Outrealm Gate (there is also a moderately well-supported theory that the Dragon Gates of Akaneia are directly linked to the Dragon Gates of Elibe).