The Everyday Life of Heroes - Official FEH Manga (with translations)! Ch. 100!!! (10/23)

Coolmanio

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Birds can breed with other birds and beasts can probably breed with other beasts and whatnot, but beasts can't breed with birds or birds with dragons and so on. This has been said.

Damn it. Griffin Laguz could have been an awesome thing! I guess the closest thing to a "Griffon Laguz" would be a Branded with Beast and Bird Laguz ancestry.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, XRay said:

Damn it. Griffin Laguz could have been an awesome thing! I guess the closest thing to a "Griffon Laguz" would be a Branded with Beast and Bird Laguz ancestry.

If looking exactly like a human and not being able to transform qualifies you for being either "griffon" or "Laguz", sure, but I don't think that's how it works.

lol; it's true! Kind of surprised at such a Tellius-focused comic. There's nothing heroes-specific about it at all... But it is nice to see this bit of lore being brought to light (Haar Haar; double pun intended; I'm sorry.)

2 hours ago, Mercakete said:

lol; it's true! Kind of surprised at such a Tellius-focused comic. There's nothing heroes-specific about it at all... But it is nice to see this bit of lore being brought to light (Haar Haar; double pun intended; I'm sorry.)

It also comes out the same day as Altina's trailer, how strange...

Blind Leanne and Reyson are super adorable for some reason xD And it looks like Elincia has a new side job at Askr!

2 minutes ago, Aaaaaaah said:

We can say that L’Arachel IS the Princess of Light, guiding people in the dark.

😄

Edited by DefyingFates

This chapter was really adorable, especially the blind herons!

Is it true that these birds have particularly bad night vision though? I think I remember watching a nature documentary once that said most larger birds (such as hawks and herons) have relatively good night vision due to having larger eyes compared to small birds.

2 hours ago, BoaFerox said:

This chapter was really adorable, especially the blind herons!

Is it true that these birds have particularly bad night vision though? I think I remember watching a nature documentary once that said most larger birds (such as hawks and herons) have relatively good night vision due to having larger eyes compared to small birds.

I don't know about the actual birds, but it's a fact that bird Laguz can't see well in the dark at all. This was clearly stated in the Tellius games. (Also, beast (cat, tiger, lion) Laguz hate, hate fire magic.) In addition, Heron Laguz are built very fragilely, so if they try to fight, they wind up hurting themselves a lot more than they hurt their foes. It's also bad for them on a spiritual level, being so connected to peace and order. Also, Heron Laguz can't eat meat. They can only eat plants. So, again, it kind of doesn't match the actual animal, which subsists off of fish and frogs, primarily...

59 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

I don't know about the actual birds, but it's a fact that bird Laguz can't see well in the dark at all. This was clearly stated in the Tellius games. (Also, beast (cat, tiger, lion) Laguz hate, hate fire magic.) In addition, Heron Laguz are built very fragilely, so if they try to fight, they wind up hurting themselves a lot more than they hurt their foes. It's also bad for them on a spiritual level, being so connected to peace and order. Also, Heron Laguz can't eat meat. They can only eat plants. So, again, it kind of doesn't match the actual animal, which subsists off of fish and frogs, primarily...

I've played the games, but I didn't remember them talking about having trouble seeing in the dark. I guess it might be a bit overshadowed in my memory by them talking about how good Janaff's eyesight is. But I do remember all the other stuff you mentioned, so thinking about it the Laguz don't often match the actual animal much as you say. I should know better than to question the logic behind fantasy people who transform into animals though. Also, it's actually kind of nice that they have something the Beorc do better than the Laguz (at least the Bird tribe), considering the Laguz usually seem to be better at everything else (living longer, flying etc.).

10 minutes ago, BoaFerox said:

I've played the games, but I didn't remember them talking about having trouble seeing in the dark. I guess it might be a bit overshadowed in my memory by them talking about how good Janaff's eyesight is. But I do remember all the other stuff you mentioned, so thinking about it the Laguz don't often match the actual animal much as you say. I should know better than to question the logic behind fantasy people who transform into animals though. Also, it's actually kind of nice that they have something the Beorc do better than the Laguz (at least the Bird tribe), considering the Laguz usually seem to be better at everything else (living longer, flying etc.).

Ikr?

And yeah, I can't remember which one it was in, but it played a factor in why the bird tribe couldn't fight at night. (Tactics and all that.) I think that night vision may go in this order, from worst to best:

Birds, Beorc, Dragons, Beasts

Not sure, though, exactly where dragons place.

6 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Ikr?

And yeah, I can't remember which one it was in, but it played a factor in why the bird tribe couldn't fight at night. (Tactics and all that.) I think that night vision may go in this order, from worst to best:

Birds, Beorc, Dragons, Beasts

Not sure, though, exactly where dragons place.

I see, that would make sense.

It's hard to know where dragons would place on that list, but considering how broken they tend to be placing them above the Beorc seems like a safe bet:P

10 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

If looking exactly like a human and not being able to transform qualifies you for being either "griffon" or "Laguz", sure, but I don't think that's how it works.

Maybe they can travel the Outrealms and breed with the Taguel. Taguel can transform without needing full Taguel blood, so maybe that can help activate the dormant Beast and Bird Laguz genes, although the Branded will probably look like a cross between a rabbit and a Griffon now when transformed.

16 minutes ago, XRay said:

Maybe they can travel the Outrealms and breed with the Taguel. Taguel can transform without needing full Taguel blood, so maybe that can help activate the dormant Beast and Bird Laguz genes, although the Branded will probably look like a cross between a rabbit and a Griffon now when transformed.

I can only think of the griffons as mounts a la Awakening class. Although, according to the Gaius-Panne support, Taguel can (at least in theory) serve as mounts. Just...they don't want to since it's demeaning.

Also, "breed with the Taguel" eh? Well, your only options are Panne and Yarne since everyone else is extinct. Good luck getting them to agree to that.

Just now, Mercakete said:

I can only think of the griffons as mounts a la Awakening class. Although, according to the Gaius-Panne support, Taguel can (at least in theory) serve as mounts. Just...they don't want to since it's demeaning.

Also, "breed with the Taguel" eh? Well, your only options are Panne and Yarne since everyone else is extinct. Good luck getting them to agree to that.

They just need to travel farther back in time to when Taguel are plentiful.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

They just need to travel farther back in time to when Taguel are plentiful.

Again, good luck getting them to agree to that. (Griffons are animals, the Taguel are intelligent beings. It's like trying to create centaurs by breeding humans with horses.)

1 minute ago, Mercakete said:

Again, good luck getting them to agree to that. (Griffons are animals, the Taguel are intelligent beings. It's like trying to create centaurs by breeding humans with horses.)

It only takes one hot/handsome Griffon Branded and one hot/handsome Taguel to fall in love to make Rabbit-Griffon Laguz.

16 hours ago, XRay said:

It only takes one hot/handsome Griffon Branded and one hot/handsome Taguel to fall in love to make Rabbit-Griffon Laguz.

I'm still waiting for my wolf-herons and dragon-bunnies. Also, Griffon Branded can't be a thing until Griffon Laguz are a thing.

16 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

I'm still waiting for my wolf-herons and dragon-bunnies. Also, Griffon Branded can't be a thing until Griffon Laguz are a thing.

A Branded with Beast and Bird ancestry counts.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

A Branded with Beast and Bird ancestry counts.

Misread ancestry as accessory and laughed.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

EK13apkU4AA6tei?format=jpg&name=4096x409

I guess Ban-Ban needs to learn his Tikis or these Tikis should accept him dividing his attention among all of them. XD

That is so adorable. XD

Now I legit want to have a base that has Bantu with as many Tikis as possible. 

12 minutes ago, eclipse said:

The solution: A Bantu alt for every Tiki alt~!

>Awakening Era Ban-ban, somehow even older than he already is.
>Awakening Era Summer Ban-ban, same as above but in a speedo
>Summer Ban-ban, swim trunks and a track suit, with the hood up
>Legendary Ban-ban
>Fallen Ban-ban (they can talk about destroying the world for lord gharnef or something)

Yes, there is no way this sudden surge of old man alts will have any negative repercussions...