The Everyday Life of Heroes - Official FEH Manga (with translations)! Ch. 100!!! (10/23)

Coolmanio

3 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Specifically, it swaps the typical Brave attack out for two regular, but stronger attacks (i.e. "hit once, get hit, hit a second time" instead of "hit twice, get hit"), so it'd probably have a built-in Bold Fighter.

That's right.

I expect him to be a armored unit, and having Bold Fighter in the weapon would be pretty good, because he could be the one that brings Daring Fighter to the summoning pool.

Bold + Daring Fighter would make him a pretty good unit, because he will have the guaranteed follow-up from his weapon, and he will have Desperation from the Daring Fighter.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Diovani Bressan said:

That's right.

I expect him to be a armored unit, and having Bold Fighter in the weapon would be pretty good, because he could be the one that brings Daring Fighter to the summoning pool.

Bold + Daring Fighter would make him a pretty good unit, because he will have the guaranteed follow-up from his weapon, and he will have Desperation from the Daring Fighter.

Oh yeah...

Suddenly I don't feel too good.

Everyone talking about more Fighter skills for Armors as I continue to patiently wait for Darting Breath so I can have all four Ikes with different Breath A Skills. Can I get Steady Blade and Warding Blade A Skills while I’m at it? Armors are nice and all but I’m not particularly fond of more exclusive support for them.

26 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Everyone talking about more Fighter skills for Armors as I continue to patiently wait for Darting Breath so I can have all four Ikes with different Breath A Skills. Can I get Steady Blade and Warding Blade A Skills while I’m at it? Armors are nice and all but I’m not particularly fond of more exclusive support for them.

The exclusive support that they receive lately are not that great though.

Odd Fighter is not great in my opinion without Even Fighter Sacred Seal and vice versa, so I do not think those skills are particularly great since I do not see them releasing Fighter Sacred Seals any time soon.

Daring Fighter has a huge problem of not working with Armored Boots, and while it can be somewhat compensated with Armor March, Armor March is kind of clunky.

16 hours ago, XRay said:

Odd Fighter is not great in my opinion without Even Fighter Sacred Seal and vice versa, so I do not think those skills are particularly great since I do not see them releasing Fighter Sacred Seals any time soon.

Daring Fighter has a huge problem of not working with Armored Boots, and while it can be somewhat compensated with Armor March, Armor March is kind of clunky.

Dude, I’m just tired of Armors in general, especially Dragon Armors. Idunn and Nagi are two of my favorite characters, but I can’t have Armored Boots on both of them, and I’ve only pulled Armor March in my other account. The one movement gets really annoying, even with Pivot and Reposition.

47 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Dude, I’m just tired of Armors in general, especially Dragon Armors. Idunn and Nagi are two of my favorite characters, but I can’t have Armored Boots on both of them, and I’ve only pulled Armor March in my other account. The one movement gets really annoying, even with Pivot and Reposition.

They have released plenty of non armors lately too, so I am not sure what the fuss is.

I agree the one movement is annoying to deal with, but it is something armor players will have to learn to deal with, or just simply not play them unless absolutely necessary. I avoid using armor units outside of quests and Arena Assault Team 1. I use AMH!Hector as a mobile Bolt Tower in Aether Raids, but he usually sits in the back anyway so his movement is not really an issue.

On 1/18/2020 at 4:46 AM, XRay said:

well its kinda hard to beat something like Bold Fighter and Special Fighter in the B-Slot. 2 of the most OP skills in my opinion. Odd Fighter is casually ok depends.

On 1/18/2020 at 8:45 PM, SoulWeaver said:

but I can’t have Armored Boots on both of them,

I'm still surprised we don't have Armored Boots as a Skill (or built into a weapon) honestly.

On 1/18/2020 at 3:13 AM, SoulWeaver said:

Darting Breath

Enemy Phase only speed boosts are so weird I hope we get this on a F2P or demoted unit when the time comes. It'd be a great "poor man's Breath" Skill (though some like Black Knight could probably get good use out of it).

Also, if Fierce Breath can be a thing I don't see why Warding/ Steady Blade can't, unless their JPN names say otherwise.

Edited by DefyingFates

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I'm still surprised we don't have Armored Boots as a Skill (or built into a weapon) honestly.

We're likely never to get Armored Boots as its own skill since its Sacred Seal is sorted into the Sacred-Seal-only category.

On a weapon, it would be kind of underwhelming unless it gets a much more lenient condition and additional perks, like Solitary Dream.

Enemy Phase only speed boosts are so weird I hope we get this on a F2P or demoted unit when the time comes. It'd be a great "poor man's Breath" Skill (though some like Black Knight could probably get good use out of it).

It's because we didn't have many reasons to use a fast tank until Legendary Alm was released, and we didn't have many options for fast tanks until extremely recently.

Also, if Fierce Breath can be a thing I don't see why Warding/ Steady Blade can't, unless their JPN names say otherwise.

The Blow, Stance, and Breath skills follow a single, shared naming convention in Japanese, so it definitely makes sense to eventually get Darting Breath. It just might take a while because, as mentioned above, enemy-phase Spd has not been particularly valuable until only very recently.

The Blade skills (along with their corresponding Infantry Blade skills) have a different naming convention in Japanese, so there isn't yet a naming framework for Def- or Res-based versions of the skills.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Doesn't Fallen Tiki's Solitary Dream count as having Armored Boots as a skill though? It's just Armored Boots with extra stuff.

Yeah, sort of. It has a different activation condition, so it is less convenient in some ways and more convenient in others. If you are running a dragon team or a team that does not require close support, it is pretty lenient. As the team is composed of less and less dragon, the the activation requirement can be pretty hard to activate if you need her to constantly be by another unit.

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

Yeah, sort of. It has a different activation condition, so it is less convenient in some ways and more convenient in others. If you are running a dragon team or a team that does not require close support, it is pretty lenient. As the team is composed of less and less dragon, the the activation requirement can be pretty hard to activate if you need her to constantly be by another unit.

That is true, yes. Though it has to have some kind of limitation, or else it'd be too good of a skill. And Fallen Tiki is a bitch to go against as is. >_<

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

We're likely never to get Armored Boots as its own skill since its Sacred Seal is sorted into the Sacred-Seal-only category.

On a weapon, it would be kind of underwhelming unless it gets a much more lenient condition and additional perks, like Solitary Dream.

I figured "HP at 80% or above" was a fair balance between making it easier to use and not removing the inherent flaw of Armored Units...but you have a point that we've gotten much worse stuff already.

It's because we didn't have many reasons to use a fast tank until Legendary Alm was released, and we didn't have many options for fast tanks until extremely recently.

I remember you saying something similar a while back, thanks for the reminder!

The Blow, Stance, and Breath skills follow a single, shared naming convention in Japanese, so it definitely makes sense to eventually get Darting Breath. It just might take a while because, as mentioned above, enemy-phase Spd has not been particularly valuable until only very recently.

The Blade skills (along with their corresponding Infantry Blade skills) have a different naming convention in Japanese, so there isn't yet a naming framework for Def- or Res-based versions of the skills.

And thanks again!

So if I'm understanding you correctly, Def and Res Blades don't have an equivalent word for "Heavy" and "Flashing" yet?

Edited by DefyingFates

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

That is true, yes. Though it has to have some kind of limitation, or else it'd be too good of a skill. And Fallen Tiki is a bitch to go against as is. >_<

In hall of forms, Fallen Tiki soloed all of my units from full health. I hope that next hall of forms, the forma we get are less powercreeped. Mark my words, at some point, desperation 4 is going to exist, and it's gonna break the game. (unit attacks twice before foe can counterattack, essentially.)

8 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

So if I'm understanding you correctly, Def and Res Blades don't have an equivalent word for "Heavy" and "Flashing" yet?

Yep.

For trivia's worth, here's what we have so far in the game:

Blow:

• Death Blow: 鬼神の一撃 (kishin no ichigeki), "Fierce Deity Blow"
  • Darting Blow: 飛燕の一撃 (hien no ichigeki), "Flying Swallow Blow"
  • Armored Blow: 金剛の一撃 (kongou no ichigeki), "Adamantine Blow"
  • Warding Blow: 明鏡の一撃 (meikyou no ichigeki), "Clear Mirror Blow"
  • Swift Sparrow: 鬼神飛燕の一撃 (kishin hien no ichigeki), "Fierce Deity Flying Swallow Blow"
    • All other combined Blow skills follow this pattern of just combining the skill names.

Impact:

• Sturdy Impact: 鬼神金剛の瞬撃 (kishin kongou no shungeki), "Fierce Deity Adamantine Instant Strike"
  • Mirror Impact: 鬼神明鏡の瞬撃 (kishin meikyou no shungeki), "Fierce Deity Clear Mirror Instant Strike"

Stance:

• Fierce Stance: 鬼神の構え (kishin no kamae), "Fierce Deity Stance"
  • Darting Stance: 飛燕の構え (hien no kamae), "Flying Swallow Stance"
  • Steady Stance: 金剛の構え (kongou no kamae), "Adamantine Stance"
  • Warding Stance: 明鏡の構え (meikyou no kamae), "Clear Mirror Stance"
  • Kestrel Stance: 鬼神飛燕の構え (kishin hien no kamae), "Fierce Deity Flying Swallow Stance"
    • You get the drill.

Breath:

• Fierce Breath: 鬼神の呼吸 (kishin no kokyuu), "Fierce Deity Breath"
  • Steady Breath: 金剛の呼吸 (kongou no kokyuu), "Adamantine Breath"
  • Warding Breath: 明鏡の呼吸 (meikyou no kokyuu), "Clear Mirror Breath"
    • For anime fans, the "breath" here is the same word used for the breathing techniques in Demon Slayer / Kimetsu no Yaiba.

Blade:

• Heavy Blade: 剛剣 (gouken), "Hardened Sword"
  • Flashing Blade: 柔剣 (juuken), "Softened Sword"
    • If we get Def and Res versions, they're probably going to be another pair of antonyms.

Infantry Blade:

• Infantry Rush: 歩行の剛剣 (hokou no gouken), "Infantry Hardened Sword"
  • Infantry Flash: 歩行の柔剣 (hokou no juuken), "Infantry Softened Sword"

@Ice Dragon I love learning this kind of thing, so thanks!

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Blade:

• Heavy Blade: 剛剣 (gouken), "Hardened Sword"
  • Flashing Blade: 柔剣 (juuken), "Softened Sword"
    • If we get Def and Res versions, they're probably going to be another pair of antonyms.

This bit surprised me though. The other Skills' names all reflect on the associated stat in some way, and then we get this. "Hardened" I can sort of understand, but "Softened" confuses me. But oh well, if it makes sense in Japanese that's what matters 🙂

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

For anime fans, the "breath" here is the same word used for the breathing techniques in Demon Slayer / Kimetsu no Yaiba.

Hey, that's me!

20 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

"Hardened" I can sort of understand, but "Softened" confuses me.

The word for "soft" or "gentle" here (柔, juu) is the same as the one used in "judo" (柔道) and "jujutsu" (柔術), which both focus on evasion and redirection (speed and dexterity) instead of direct opposition (strength).

Edited by Ice Dragon

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

The word for "soft" or "gentle" here (柔, juu) is the same as the one used in "judo" (柔道) and "jujutsu" (柔術), which both focus on evasion and redirection (speed and dexterity) instead of direct opposition (strength).

And there it is. Thanks again, Ice! That makes much more sense now!

Edit:

https://fire-emblem-heroes.com/en/manga/part/index.html#part200122

New chapter is out! Featuring Eirika's BFFs right when CYL starts? Me likey!

Edited by DefyingFates

XD That's cute.

Edit: Also, thus far, all the duo heroes' main units have been blue-haired dudes with Ephraim being the one with the least-blue hair. (His is more aqua.) Alfonse comes in 2nd as his hair is 2-toned. As much as I like these guys, we need some ladies leading duo units, too. (Please, IS, don't go overboard on this. I know you're always tempted to...)

Edited by Mercakete

I know that DefyingFates already shared the new manga chapter, but since what was shared was the link for the website, here's the manga image:

3WlD0Aj.jpg

This was a solid chapter.

3 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Edit: Also, thus far, all the duo heroes' main units have been blue-haired dudes with Ephraim being the one with the least-blue hair. (His is more aqua.) Alfonse comes in 2nd as his hair is 2-toned. As much as I like these guys, we need some ladies leading duo units, too. (Please, IS, don't go overboard on this. I know you're always tempted to...)

Chrom & Robin and Ike & Soren are coming next. Byleth & Byleth, because... why not! If Byleth can recruit Byleth in smash, they can be a Duo Hero.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I know that DefyingFates already shared the new manga chapter, but since what was shared was the link for the website, here's the manga image:

Thanks! This is much better than a link 😛

This was a really wholesome Chapter...AND involves Eirika's BFFs, as I said. Hmm~

6 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Byleth & Byleth, because... why not! If Byleth can recruit Byleth in smash, they can be a Duo Hero.

Actually when you think about it, Byleth and Sothis is a canon duo hero.

Byleth being the fighter and Sothis the supporter would make some kind of sense.

7 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Chrom & Robin and Ike & Soren are coming next. Byleth & Byleth, because... why not! If Byleth can recruit Byleth in smash, they can be a Duo Hero.

I would like to see Odin and Arthur! Such grace! with Power ranger stances!