The Everyday Life of Heroes - Official FEH Manga (with translations)! Ch. 100!!! (10/23)

Coolmanio

Just now, Jave said:

There's also Kamui, who in addition to the Gaiden/Echoes character, is also Corrin's default name in Japanese Fates.

They don't share a name in English.

The two Hildas are the only characters I'm aware of that share their name in both Japanese and English.

All other characters that share a name in Japanese don't share a name in English, and all other characters that share a name in English don't share a name in Japanese.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

They don't share a name in English.

The two Hildas are the only characters I'm aware of that share their name in both Japanese and English.

All other characters that share a name in Japanese don't share a name in English, and all other characters that share a name in English don't share a name in Japanese.

Oh, I misread there. Didn't notice it was about characters who shared named in both languages. My bad.

15 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

Raphael was recently added while ago. Nailah probably hasn't got to use to meet to the newly added Fodlan characters yet, she probably doesn't want to embarrassed herself. Also, F and Ph are sound similar like Photo for example when you pronounce F-oto, she might have heardly confused with the F and Ph Sound.

I understand how they sound similar, and it was more that the artist showed in the voice bubbles that she didn't hear the entire conversation. Also, Ra-fee-el and Rah-faye-el sound fairly distinct (the first has a short "a" sound (as in "cat") at the beginning and a long e sound (as in "feel"), and the latter has a long "a" sound (as in "awe") and a long "i" sound (as in "island") in the middle.) I mostly don't get what's embarrassing about having made that mistake. Seems like the response would be more like. "Oh. Okay." or "Hahah! I see, now!" What's so embarrassing about having thought someone was talking about someone else?

3 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Also, Ra-fee-el and Rah-faye-el sound fairly distinct (the first has a short "a" sound (as in "cat") at the beginning and a long e sound (as in "feel"), and the latter has a long "a" sound (as in "awe") and a long "i" sound (as in "island") in the middle.)

Bride Nailah pronounces Rafiel's name as "rah-fee-ehl".

I don't know how Raphael's name is pronounced in English in Three Houses (as he doesn't say his name in Heroes), but I've always pronounced the name as either "rah-fah-ehl" or "rah-fai-ehl" ("ai" as in a long "i").

Similarly, in Japanese, the only difference between their names is the vowel sound after the "f" sound, with Rafiel being ラフエル (rafieru) and Raphael being ラフエル (rafaeru).

3 hours ago, Mercakete said:

What's so embarrassing about having thought someone was talking about someone else?

She's not embarrassed about mistaking the two; she's embarrassed about her panicked and flustered reaction breaking her "tough guy" appearance.

It's kinda shame that we just found out why Sharena wasn't participating in this year's Valentine's Day Banner. I'm kinda wondered if next year's Valentine's Day Banner will make up for Sharena wearing it for not to be embarrased infront of Alfonse and her family? I do like to see what type of dress she wore.

Edited by King Marth 64

Hahah! Man, it's great to see a female character being modest about her appearance for once! And Sharena's wording is great! XD Not being as confident as Alfonse about showing that much leg... Hahah!

So Heroes wasn't too coward to give us V!Sharena, Sharena was too coward to give us V!Sharena.

8 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

This is official artwork of Sharena so um...

Yeah but she's at the beach so it's totally different right

7 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Hahah! Man, it's great to see a female character being modest about her appearance for once! And Sharena's wording is great! XD Not being as confident as Alfonse about showing that much leg... Hahah!

Yeah, that was a nice spin on things!

And overall, I really like that this comic actually addressed a question all of us had! It was great to get an in-universe explanation for it! And poor Sharena: maybe next year she'll get something more modest?

Also, her shy/ surprised expression is doubly great with the final panel's reveal xD

Edited by DefyingFates

Huh. The spell she casts in the Japanese version looks like it's just English. But cursive. And almost doctor handwriting.

Spoiler

part170.jpg

My brain is registering that as, "Missing dinner, To the hiter, ん."

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

...Why has this Kiran not fully upgraded his garden?

Also, hahah Tharja (in English) casts spells in wingdings.

...Also, who in their right mind would put these two in charge of the food supplies like this? This has got to be some kind of health code violation. Poor Hinata.

4 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

...Why has this Kiran not fully upgraded his garden?

...Also, who in their right mind would put these two in charge of the food supplies like this? This has got to be some kind of health code violation. Poor Hinata.

I don't think Midori is a problem, given she does know plants very well.

Tharja on the other hand....

5 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Those are the planetary symbols for Mercury (☿), Saturn (♄), Jupiter (♃), Earth (⊕), the Moon (☾), Uranus (♅), and the Sun (☉), respectively.

Edited by Ice Dragon

@Sentinel07

I've seen enough of Midori's supports to know that her medicines are dangerous. If she's growing the plants normally or foraging for them in the wild, I agree with you. If she's trying to make medicine for them, though...

@Ice Dragon

Well, yes, but wingdings are bunch of symbols, just like those are. It looks like that font, is why I said that.

1 minute ago, Mercakete said:

Well, yes, but wingdings are bunch of symbols, just like those are. It looks like that font, is why I said that.

Funnily enough, I actually looked through the Wingdings character set while I was figuring out how to type them, and Wingdings (and Webdings) doesn't have them. Wingdings does have the zodiac symbols, though, but not the planetary symbols.