The Everyday Life of Heroes - Official FEH Manga (with translations)! Ch. 100!!! (10/23)

Coolmanio

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After one good Thanksgiving dinner, time to do some more pulls. Blue for Weekly Revival 30.

1. 3* Donnel: No.

Grey for the Bonfire banner.

1. 3* Tanya: No.

And now green for the Double Special Heroes.

1. 3* Ross: No.
  2. 3* Ross: Seriously?
  3. 3* Mae: No.
  4. 3* Raven: No.
  5. 3* Reyson: No.
  6. 5* Summer!Ashe: Hey, not bad! Not whom I was looking for, but nice nonetheless. Full neutral's good enough for purposes.

A nice ending to a seriously awful sequence of pulls.

XD Oh my goooooooooosh I love Ashnard's response to the sun hat!! Currently, my Ashnard has a goatee and a moustache and I keep being surprised when I see him without it. Yeah, it's gotten to the point where I keep thinking that's his canon design. Whoops.

THAT SAID I don't think Ashnard would actually care one way or the other about accessories (as opposed to thinking that they're for the weak), and the last panel seems more in character to me. X3

On the one hand, the concept of this comic is nice enough.

On the other hand, it gives off icky sexist vibes about dads not being able to, ah ... "let go of their daughters". Although big bros being irrationally protective of little sisters also is up there.

Edited by Sunwoo

On 12/8/2021 at 1:48 AM, Ghostface233 said:

mwgpbb3808481.jpg

Rhea over here with that "How Do You Do Fellow Kids" energy....

I thought this would be a joke about her outfit, but it's about her wanting a day off. You don't even SEE the outfit! Clever!

On 12/15/2021 at 4:17 AM, Naoshi said:

bgndb83x0m581.jpg

This is a cliche, but seeing Michalis join in and the girls in question all being confused made it hilarious for me. D'aww xD

On 12/15/2021 at 4:32 AM, Sunwoo said:

On the one hand, the concept of this comic is nice enough.

On the other hand, it gives off icky sexist vibes about dads not being able to, ah ... "let go of their daughters". Although big bros being irrationally protective of little sisters also is up there.

It's just an "overprotective parent/ sibling" thing, I don't think there's anything more to it than that. You get genderflipped versions in stories too (e.g. Velvet and Laphicet in Tales of Berseria) after all.

That said, most examples I can think of *are* of the "guy protects girl" variety, so there may be something to think about there.

Edited by DefyingFates

42 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

It's just an "overprotective parent/ sibling" thing, I don't think there's anything more to it than that. You get genderflipped versions in stories too (e.g. Velvet and Laphicet in Tales of Berseria) after all.

That said, most examples I can think of *are* of the "guy protects girl" variety, so there may be something to think about there.

While it's true that genderflipped variants do exist, men being overprotective of women is definitely the more common variant it's basically a trope. And ... well, some of the ways that the trope is used makes me just gives off the idea that even now female characters are seen as being a man's something (wife, daughter, sister, lover, etc.) instead of her own person, and the male relatives in her life are worried about "losing" her to another man. A male character with overprotective relatives (male or female) isn't seen nearly as often, and if one exists it's more likely to be portrayed as comedic with the guy being hapless.

Honestly, it's one of those things that make me ;/

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

While it's true that genderflipped variants do exist, men being overprotective of women is definitely the more common variant it's basically a trope. And ... well, some of the ways that the trope is used makes me just gives off the idea that even now female characters are seen as being a man's something (wife, daughter, sister, lover, etc.) instead of her own person, and the male relatives in her life are worried about "losing" her to another man. A male character with overprotective relatives (male or female) isn't seen nearly as often, and if one exists it's more likely to be portrayed as comedic with the guy being hapless.

Honestly, it's one of those things that make me ;/

It's not "basically a trope". It is a trope.

Whether or not the use of the trope has sexist undertones depends on its execution, and there is none of that here. Just 4 guys being doofuses and Kiran calling them out for it.

poi1sfzg00781.jpg

Goddess in the Professor's Head casually conversing with the students and Ashe being halfway across the year in wardrobe from everyone else are amusing.

Ashe continues to prove his adorable factor. X3 What a sweet one! So cute! All of them are pretty cute here. Hehe!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh maaaaaaan what an adorable comic for an adorable game mode! X3 I have to say, Heroes Journey is probably my favorite mode in the game. That said, every time, I just send Leavateinn and Hrid. As much as I would love to send other cute pairs, I ship them hard enough that I can't help but send them off again and again. X3

However...I could actually do without the combat aspect of it. And I think, in this comic, Sothis forgot that she had to earn her time with Byleth by destroying some random heroes. Looks like they went fishing, though!

I get it too, Gaius. Honestly, I wouldn't have even gone through thinking I'd be intruding since the two of them came together to ask/invite and didn't show any signs of being awkward about it. Hehe, though, "summoner things." That's a pretty relatable excuse, honestly. XD ... May I also have a cookie? ._.

• 1 month later...