The Everyday Life of Heroes - Official FEH Manga (with translations)! Ch. 100!!! (10/23)

Coolmanio

I KNEW it'd been a while since the last one!

(I'm reading these from left to right, top to bottom.)

Comic 1: Man, Oscar truly is amazing in his ability to handle food and drink!

Comic 2: Heheh, that second panel's funny. But yeesh, Mirabilis, no need to freak Kiran out.

Comic 3: That's just accurate.

Comic 4: The note-taking in the last panel is so cute! X3

Most recent comic: Ah, so this Kiran is a girl. But goodness, how does she breathe? According to the first panel, she must wrap her chest so tightly that... No, it's physically impossible to get rid of that much mass with just compaction.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a couple things to say about the few manga panels:

1. In the Daydreams manga, it makes me wondered what happened to Narcian in that panel? He doesn't look like he got a good enough of sleep from what Mirabilis had mentioned.
  2. In the Duality of the Mask manga, it's funny to see Hinoka getting confused with Conrad's appearance changes personality and thought she was mistaken for twins even though he wears it bravely.
  3. In the Elite Tips manga, Sakura is getting little bit jealous with Fjorm had long hair and it's funny to see even the girls were taking notes from Virion's advice.
Edited by King Marth 64

1 hour ago, King Marth 64 said:

In the Daydreams manga, it makes me wondered what happened to Narcian in that panel? He doesn't look like he got a good enough of sleep from what Mirabilis had mentioned.

All three of Mirabilis's examples are jabs at Kiran not paying attention to what he's doing, not the characters in the background.

Edited by Ice Dragon

On 2/16/2022 at 7:35 AM, Xenomata said:

And then we have the lastest comic. Feel like we're missing... a number of things, but anything for the sake of comedy I guess.

Like what? Is this a joke I'm missing about the Kiran comic?

The combat manuals part of Daydreams gives me nightmares too, I'm with Kiran on this one.

I loved the note-taking gag at the end of Elite Tips too, and acknowledging that Nifl letting Fjorm cheat with hair was perfect.

But not nearly as perfect as the meta-acknowledgement of the My Summoners! I honestly never thought we'd get these since they'd need commit* to one, but the joke of the Summoner finally showing their face and stunning everyone as a result is just... chef's kiss

On 2/16/2022 at 12:22 PM, Mercakete said:

Most recent comic: Ah, so this Kiran is a girl. But goodness, how does she breathe? According to the first panel, she must wrap her chest so tightly that... No, it's physically impossible to get rid of that much mass with just compaction.

There was a very old comic where Kiran ripped their clothes off to relate to their injured teammates, and... yeah, Kiran was definitely a guy back then.

* I mean, I still think the different comics will use different Kirans as needed. It was only while typing this that I realized the title was "One Possibility", which also supports this. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the last time we see their face either.

Edited by DefyingFates

50 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Like what? Is this a joke I'm missing about the Kiran comic?

Well primarily "I thought manga Kiran was a boy from that one comic where he literally ripped his robe thing from the chest and he had a MAN CHEST" and also the very distinct presence of boobs where there were none before, plus the thing Mercate said that you quoted, and also you said pretty much what was on my mind, and you know what while we're here is Kiran implied to comb "her" hair back while it's under the hood, but she didn't have a chance to and now it just covers the whole right eye? I feel like hair that is fresh from bed head should not be so convenient?

Not saying this comic would have worked better if it were a different Kiran, I do not think any other Kiran would have garnered the same reaction, but I would like to ask for a follow-up where Kiran explains why "she" is suddenly so attractive.

On 2/19/2022 at 1:20 AM, Xenomata said:

but I would like to ask for a follow-up where Kiran explains why "she" is suddenly so attractive.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SheCleansUpNicely

Or at least a reverse version of that, where Kiran looks better when they're not dressed to the nines. Also, I figured a big part of Kiran winning the contest was simply because no one had ever seen her with her hood down before, so there's that too if you see it the same way.

Other than that, I think we can assume there are a number of different Kirans in these comics, unless they all start using this one - in which case, yes: they'd have to explain the torn shirt incident.

• 1 month later...

We uh... seem to keep forgetting to update this thread.
Hm I see, the last comic posted was the one where Kiran became sexy... got it.

https://fire-emblem-heroes.com/en/manga/part/files/img/part220222.jpghttps://fire-emblem-heroes.com/en/manga/part/files/img/part220302.jpghttps://fire-emblem-heroes.com/en/manga/part/files/img/part220309.jpghttps://fire-emblem-heroes.com/en/manga/part/files/img/part220316.jpghttps://fire-emblem-heroes.com/en/manga/part/files/img/part220323.jpghttps://fire-emblem-heroes.com/en/manga/part/files/img/part220330.jpghttps://fire-emblem-heroes.com/en/manga/part/files/img/part220406.jpg

And then the newest one

https://fire-emblem-heroes.com/en/manga/part/files/img/part220413.jpg

1. If she learns what it's like at Garreg Mach, Azura is very likely to abandon her own world...
  2. What a cute shop vendor! Who even needs Anna at that point?
  3. Kagero really does have an interesting take on art and flowers... I never thought about the dread and despair leaking into the physical form of beauty as one uses beauty to mask the utter ugliness of-wait what do you mean they're just flowers and a kitty picture?
  4. I believe we can all agree, as these two Kirans did, that Ash is yes.
  5. Those two I get, but why does Kiran need protection from the elements? He/She is completely covered up...?
  6. ...I dunno, I think if I saw a hairball taller than myself, I might sooner gag and run away... I like the two Wolfskin well enough, but there's a limit before I go back to the two pretty Kitsune...
  7. Maybe his valentine alt can take the praise better...
  8. Ahaha, they do say the bestest of friends are made on the Battlefield where Life and Death interweave in the same breath and moment of time!
    ...what do you mean they're playing tag?

Aww that first comic with Azura and Gatekeeper was so cute! X3

Hmm the one with Bruno is kind of out of character, though... Like, kind of a lot.

Heh! It's nice to see that Kagero's unique art style was remembered.

XD Okay, that comic about the two summoners being Ash fans was cute.

The Tibarn one...doesn't really draw any comments from me. I just kind of had no reaction.

XD Okay, the Velouria one is adorable and hilarious! I also love that Keaton decided to hang out by the rainbow pom pom his daughter made. X3 The line about not having built that structure just sold it. XD

OH MY GOSH the unexpected Summoner rap battle one and poor Alfonse being super embarrassed was adorable!! I love this one! XD Awww, Alfonse is being so cute!

As for the last one... *shrug* Eh. The punchline took too much thinking and the buildup was a bit too much for it, I think.

Reminding me of why Katsura's art style is my favorite of the artists working on this. Her Ash, Azura, and Gatekeeper are adorable. (At least, pretty sure they're a she.)

I get the feeling she likes Ash. (Best laser cow is best laser cow.) She also posted this on her Twitter for last week's chapter ("I drew chapter 225. Alfonse and Ash make an appearance."):

• 3 weeks later...

I just knew Frederick and Seteth would get along.

And heh, ah, Kiran... It's a wonder he kind of managed to win the argument in the end. Thank goodness for seasonal units.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2022 at 2:21 AM, Mercakete said:

And heh, ah, Kiran... It's a wonder he kind of managed to win the argument in the end. Thank goodness for seasonal units.

Yeah xD Clearly being a goofball is the solution to all of life's problems in Askr~

• 3 weeks later...

https://fire-emblem-heroes.com/en/manga/part/files/img/part220506.jpghttps://fire-emblem-heroes.com/en/manga/part/files/img/part220511.jpghttps://fire-emblem-heroes.com/en/manga/part/files/img/part220518.jpghttps://fire-emblem-heroes.com/en/manga/part/files/img/part220525.jpg

1. Ah nonono Kiran, you sent him on AR auto-dispatch.
  2. Burritoes don't go all that well with soup...
  3. RIP Julian, he died because game mechanics aren't the same here.
  4. Wait no I can use her fodder-ah dangit...

(Auto-Dispatch) --- Oh man that's so cute! X3 Somehow, seeing Hector and Ike talk (probably about battle and strength) just makes me really happy. Brady having tea with Flayn and Maria is rather perfect, too! And Hector having a sleepover with Eliwood is so cute, too! Mila being in charge of the harvest seems kind of like cheating, though. Ah, and the poor summoner! XD

(Too Much Hospitality) --- Oh man Veronica's overwhelmed. How cute! XD But dang, Sharena's really calling in the favors! Oscar and Flora were just waiting right outside!

(In the Desert of Askr) --- Okay, this got an actual laugh out of me. XD Oh man poor Julian! That last frame is perfect!

(Specter of Nidavellir) --- Oh dear. Uh, does the summoner know about this? (It's not a bad plan, really, but...those things cost orbs, you know!)

• 3 weeks later...

Hot spring comic: That was cute. X3

Special Bonds comic: Okay, I laughed aloud here. XD I'd like both of these harmonic units! I wonder if Inigo and Gangrel were playing a prank. XD I also wonder if the author of this one was a melee fan.

Taguel Everywhere comic: Aww, Henry really is the cutest bunny. X3 Chrom being as helpful as possible is also adorable! And Yarne... Er, well, I'm not sure what he means. Maybe he thinks the festival is to protect the Taguel like an endangered species? Well, I hope it puts him at ease, anyway. ^_^

8 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Maybe he thinks the festival is to protect the Taguel like an endangered species?

Our world has charity events to raise money for good causes, maybe he's thinking he walked into something similar? 😛

Yeah, that seemed like the rational solution (though I almost feel like this was written by Sain, forgetting that male units exist again.)

On 6/22/2022 at 1:06 PM, Mercakete said:

Yeah, that seemed like the rational solution (though I almost feel like this was written by Sain, forgetting that male units exist again.)

Well it's not like they could have done the gag with another unit instead of Kjelle since we don't have Kellam or anyone else with the dumb Awakening general design yet.

Lute and Amelia could have been any other character tho.

On 6/22/2022 at 6:06 AM, Mercakete said:

I'm not sure what you mean by "again". The last time we've had an all-female comic was 14 weeks ago if you only count non-Kiran characters or 25 weeks ago otherwise. The last time we've had an all-male comic was 8 weeks ago with the next most recent being 37 weeks ago.

On 6/23/2022 at 11:18 AM, GrandeRampel said:

Lute and Amelia could have been any other character tho.

To be fair, the comic is titled "a superior plan", and Lutes thing is superiority

Edited by Hello72207
Typo

On 6/23/2022 at 8:50 AM, Ice Dragon said:

I'm not sure what you mean by "again". The last time we've had an all-female comic was 14 weeks ago if you only count non-Kiran characters or 25 weeks ago otherwise. The last time we've had an all-male comic was 8 weeks ago with the next most recent being 37 weeks ago.

The "again" was in the general use of "this has happened before" not "this comic has done this before." Basically, Sain only remembering women and thus only including them in his suggestions at the strategy meeting was time 1, and the comic using all women when guys could have also reasonably been included was time 2. Also, not saying this is a problem. If anything, I found the correlation humorous.