The Everyday Life of Heroes - Official FEH Manga (with translations)! Ch. 100!!! (10/23)

Coolmanio

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Is it normal to be so impressed by somebody else's talents that you start referring to them as your older sibling? Seems kind of creepy to me.

In my experience its more common to see someone in need and claim them as your little sibling, but who knows.

14 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Is it normal to be so impressed by somebody else's talents that you start referring to them as your older sibling? Seems kind of creepy to me

16 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I'm fairly sure Charlotte must be at least five years older than Maribelle. Isn't Maribelle a peer of Ricken and Lissa?

In Japan it's completely normal to refer to unrelated people older than you (or more advanced in a specific area) as sister/brother/aunt/uncle/etc. For the more advanced thing, "senpai" is usually more common, but it's still perfectly normal to call a girl you consider a mentor of some kind "big sister" regardless of age difference. Even anime gangsters often call their leader an informal variation of big brother.  

50 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Is it normal to be so impressed by somebody else's talents that you start referring to them as your older sibling? Seems kind of creepy to me.

In China and Japan (and probably other Sinosphere regions), words used for familial relationships are not limited to family (either real or perceived) and are commonly used to show respect or to be polite.

For example, in both Chinese and Japanese, you would use the words for "uncle" (shushu in Chinese, oji-san in Japanese) and "aunt" (ayi in Chinese, oba-san in Japanese) to refer to pretty much any person who is a generation older than you. These can be used in place of their name entirely or as honorific suffixes when using their name. In Chinese, you address a waitress at a restaurant as xiaojie, which translates as "little older sister", "little" used here as a diminutive in the same way as Spanish -ito or -ita suffixes.

In this particular case, you have Japanese colloquial familial terms like aniki ("older brother") and aneki/anego ("older sister") that can be used as signs of respect (generally for people who share your affiliation).

Edited by Ice Dragon

yes, maribelle is the perfect example of being both high class and kickass. 

though with charlette's main goal in mind, going maribelle might not be the best idea....(I don't think anyone would aproach to marry maribelle if they haven't gotten to know her before, which only really happened because #1- childhood friend of lissa and #2 sherperds)

I mean, most of the sheperds are in fact TERRIFIED of her wrath.

• 2 weeks later...

...huh. I just realized that that comic where Kiran is trying to use strategies from past FE games, and Lissa (I think it was Lissa?) said that Pair Up was from Awakening...

...that comic did not age well.

Oh I'm sure the Queen is more than willing to hang with Bartre, Stahl, Donnel, Raigh, and Virion! (they're some of the slightly more common summons I get)

I mean, apparently the Manifestation of Chaos is not enough for the Queen, so maybe some common citizens, a soldier, and some guy with a bib will be more than enough!

Edited by Xenomata

Darp. Summoned a goddess, doesn't think she's good enough for a queen. ... I kind of agree. Love the background heroes. But the main thing, I think, is that I NEED THOSE CUSTARD-FILLED ORB-STYLED MONJU! Looks like the local souvenir-sweet of Askr. Waaaaaaant...

I like Sharena and Henrietta. They are both so upbeat and cute.

I hope we can summon Henrietta when Book III ends.