The Everyday Life of Heroes - Official FEH Manga (with translations)! Ch. 100!!! (10/23)

Coolmanio

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how a little gran gran money would interfere with a child's education. In fact I'd expect it to have the opposite effect. Must be nice to have a college fund, Kana. Also:

"I could use a bag of some kind for my extra chop sticks. Do you know where they'd sell those?"

"Oh sure, let's head to the Post Office."

7 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Not sure how a little gran gran money would interfere with a child's education. In fact I'd expect it to have the opposite effect. Must be nice to have a college fund, Kana. Also:

"I could use a bag of some kind for my extra chop sticks. Do you know where they'd sell those?"

"Oh sure, let's head to the Post Office."

Actually, that's part of the 'jumping to conclusions' part (in the Japanese version anyway). Certain Japanese envelopes, known as 祝儀袋 shuugibukuro, are made especially for giving money/gifts. For example...

7-18-1-1_25.jpg

Money is the most common thing to put in them, but I have been given gifts from students/coworkers before in them. Corrin jumped to conclusions and thought it was money in the envelope. 

Mikoto just chose the blandest looking one she could find, I suppose.

26 minutes ago, Coolmanio said:

Actually, that's part of the 'jumping to conclusions' part (in the Japanese version anyway). Certain Japanese envelopes, known as 祝儀袋 shuugibukuro, are made especially for giving money/gifts. For example...

7-18-1-1_25.jpg

Money is the most common thing to put in them, but I have been given gifts from students/coworkers before in them. Corrin jumped to conclusions and thought it was money in the envelope. 

Mikoto just chose the blandest looking one she could find, I suppose.

That's weird. The one in the comic doesn't look like that. It looks like our envelopes with its sealed opening at the end rather than a pocket being squeezed tight with some kind of ribbon. If that japanese style one is the stereotypical money giving kind, you sure the joke isn't Corrin being tripped up by a western style envelope?

1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:

That's weird. The one in the comic doesn't look like that. It looks like our envelopes with its sealed opening at the end rather than a pocket being squeezed tight with some kind of ribbon. If that japanese style one is the stereotypical money giving kind, you sure the joke isn't Corrin being tripped up by a western style envelope?

You can use any old envelope for the purpose, but parents giving children (or grandchildren, etc.) envelopes heavily implies money in both China and Japan.

The picture that @Coolmanio posted is just an example of how ingrained it is in Japanese culture that they produce envelopes specifically for this.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

You can use any old envelope for the purpose, but parents giving children (or grandchildren, etc.) envelopes heavily implies money in both China and Japan.

The picture that @Coolmanio posted is just an example of how ingrained it is in Japanese culture that they produce envelopes specifically for this.

Although now that I look at it, it looks like Mikoto just went with an ordinary bank envelope. Swear I’ve been handed these from a teller at りぞな

17 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

it has that kind of inplication anywhere within the traditional chinese sphere of influence (which is anything north of indonesia, west from india, and east of alaska).

korea for example, we have multiple holidays where adults are expected to give money to kids. always in an envelope like that, though you CAN get fancier ones, most are just plain.

and honestly money is a better gift than presents 70% of the time anyway.

and I repeat, the bland looking orange-ish envelope is actually the standerd one that most ppl use anyway.

I guess it might also fit becasue it was golden week recently

Edited by TheBraveGallade

On 5/7/2019 at 1:45 PM, Mercakete said:

Darp. Summoned a goddess, doesn't think she's good enough for a queen. ... I kind of agree. Love the background heroes. But the main thing, I think, is that I NEED THOSE CUSTARD-FILLED ORB-STYLED MONJU! Looks like the local souvenir-sweet of Askr. Waaaaaaant...

baking and pastry student here.

I think I have an idea of how to make thouse orb monju... theoretically. it might be expensive though

1 hour ago, TheBraveGallade said:

I think I have an idea of how to make thouse orb monju... theoretically. it might be expensive though

Yikes, don't go bankrupt. Ingredients can be expensive. ...Buuut if you do make some, I'd love to see them, and the recipe. :3 I may not be able to bake, myself, but maybe I can convince a friend to try it out. P:

On 5/21/2019 at 5:45 PM, TheBraveGallade said:

On one hand, don't go broke.

On the other hand, I'd love to hear the theory~!  My inner baker demands it (even if I don't have a working oven right now).

On 5/21/2019 at 10:45 PM, TheBraveGallade said:

As a Baker on the side, I would love to hear your idea.

I have been wanting this for so long. That is, kid versions of the characters. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one! Since Minizura was a thing, I've been hoping beyond hope that more kid heroes would be added! In the examples given, I especially NEED Ike and Ephraim! ❤️ GIMME DEM KIDDOS! (I already +10'd my M!Kana, so...)

Edit: I also want a REVERSAL! Gimme child Bantu and elderly Tiki, where the latter looks after the former.

Edited by Mercakete

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

She's carrying Catria's Whitewing Lance since both of Catria's hands are occupied.

Oh I see it now.

Damn personal weapons not being immediately recognizable...

I did not know Kiran can summon A!Azura with Orbs. I can only get her via Grails.