The Everyday Life of Heroes - Official FEH Manga (with translations)! Ch. 100!!! (10/23)

Coolmanio

12 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

That said, the comic is still cute. Wouldn't it be nice if they made FE dolls en masse and were actually accessible outside of Japan?

Nintendo don't like merchandise money very much unless Pokemon. They've never ever made Luma plushies for the mass market- something that should sell like hotcakes. And it took them until November this year to establish a single physical store in Japan. They need to put out more.

Not sure how FE should be a part of a merchandise expansion though. It ain't cute enough and constantly has new casts nobody can cling to like Mario, Kirby, or Isabelle forever.

Though I'd like FE and Xenoblade to each occupy some tiny slice of the mass market merchandise pie. More than just high-price collector's figures. Some awesome t-shirts would be enough.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I think most would agree that a sister obsessively wanting dolls in the image of her brother kind of goes into that kind of territory.

Not saying this was being intentionally shippy, but the image of Eirika obsessively wanting Ephraim dolls is exactly the kind of thing that's going to raise eyebrows.

Wow, I had no idea that wanting a doll or figure of someone meant you wanted to date them. I guess that means I want to date all the Steelers players that I have ornaments of.

You see how silly that is?

37 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Wouldn't it be nice if they made FE dolls en masse and were actually accessible outside of Japan?

Yeah, this I totally agree with.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Wow, I had no idea that wanting a doll or figure of someone meant you wanted to date them. I guess that means I want to date all the Steelers players that I have ornaments of.

You see how silly that is?

The only thing silly is how you're calling other people silly because you can't understand their point.

Besides, just because YOU personally wouldn't want to date someone you have ornaments or figures of, that doesn't mean everyone in the world thinks like you. Stop this fallacy of "I wouldn't feel this way, so no one else would feel the same way".

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

The only thing silly is how you're calling other people silly because you can't understand their point.

Besides, just because YOU personally wouldn't want to date someone you have ornaments or figures of, that doesn't mean everyone in the world thinks like you. Stop this fallacy of "I wouldn't feel this way, so no one else would feel the same way".

...Wow, chill out. There's no need to be rude. I just don't understand what they're saying, sorry. Jesus Christ.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

...Wow, chill out. There's no need to be rude. I just don't understand what they're saying, sorry. Jesus Christ.

If you think that's rude and think I need to "chill out", you haven't seen actual rude. I'd argue that you calling their line of thinking "silly" because you don't understand it is far ruder. Things you don't understand aren't silly just because you don't understand it.

48 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I personally can't think of any sibling pairs that are as close as Eirika and Ephraim are constantly portrayed to be. Don't forget that in an earlier comic she wanted the summoner to summon Ephraim as a child, too.

Now, I'm not saying that there can't be siblings with normal healthy relationships who are close like Eirika and Ephraim are, but they're definitely not in the norm.

50 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I think most would agree that a sister obsessively wanting dolls in the image of her brother kind of goes into that kind of territory.

Not saying this was being intentionally shippy, but the image of Eirika obsessively wanting Ephraim dolls is exactly the kind of thing that's going to raise eyebrows.

2 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Ah yes, because EphraimXEirika wasn't already such a frustrating thing to kill...

Personally I’ve seen enough imouto anime to be numb to the concept by this point. Japan just seems to have this fetish for little sisters being obsessed with their older brother for whatever reason. Ephriam and Eirika definitely don’t cross into Eromanga-sensei territory but it definitely is a more romanticized depiction of what having a little sister is like. As someone with a little sister myself, the most realistic depictions of a little sister in FE has got to be Lissa and Sharena tbh

Uhhhh, I'm not gonna say I TOTALLY agree with @Anacybele, but I certainly still think people read WAY too much into the Eirika/Ephraim relationship.

Their upbringing is completely different from that of a commoners, aka us, and different families impart different values, noble or commoner. Just cause Eirika doesn't want to rip Ephraim's spine out with her teeth, segment by segment (don't read into that), doesn't mean her more positive relationship with him has to be considered "romantic".

So wanting a plush of your sibling? Whatever, if that's what you then don't let the man stand in your way. But for the love of god, PLEASE tell me why Cherche was even making these things in the first place? My understanding is that she had some made already when Kiran came round.
...and bonus question, why doesn't it have the Cherche-standard of quality, aka "Minerva-chan is so kawaii-desunyaa~"

Edited by Xenomata

Oh my gosh that's adorable. owo ** I want one, too! Actually, I have a whole list of characters I'd love to see in that style of doll! Hmm I can see why Cherche got overwhelmed... BUT MY GOODNESS THEY'RE CUTE!!

Hmmm I wonder if IS put this out as a way of testing the waters... Maybe, if the idea is popular enough, they'll make dolls of some of the main characters. I imagine that, realistically, these will be exclusive merch only at Cipher competitions or something in Japan, though.

I think Anna is a bad influence on Kiran.

3 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

The only shipping I see here is CherchexEphraim. Why only make dolls of him, and all his alts? Kind of creepy.

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

But for the love of god, PLEASE tell me why Cherche was even making these things in the first place?

To sell to Eirika. Kiran's dialogue sounds to me like he commissioned her, and she's established to have skill in sewing.

9 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

I think Anna is a bad influence on Kiran.

I think Anna is a positive influence. Money is not bad thing. In fact, money is necessary to run the Order of Heroes if I remember correctly since they need to pay for all the food and supplies and stuff, so they should make as much money as possible.

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

I'd trade my Brave Ephraim for a Doll. 

Well said, my friend. I would also trade a Brave Ephiram for a doll. If I had one

Well... Ephraim's Doll is a easy skip for me... But make a Marth's Doll, a Veronica's Doll or a Fjorm's Doll, and my wallet will be in danger!

15 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Well said, my friend. I would also trade a Brave Ephiram for a doll. If I had one

Well... Ephraim's Doll is a easy skip for me... But make a Marth's Doll, a Veronica's Doll or a Fjorm's Doll, and my wallet will be in danger!

Veronica Doll on Xander's-Horse doll! 

I'm not surprised to see the incest discussion start right away...

This comic is goofy and exaggerated, but that's what every comic has been like thus far so I love it. I guess this was drawn before Duo Ephraim came out 😛

Also, an Eirika comic for Christmas? Thanks, IS!

8 hours ago, XRay said:

I think Anna is a positive influence. Money is not bad thing. In fact, money is necessary to run the Order of Heroes if I remember correctly since they need to pay for all the food and supplies and stuff, so they should make as much money as possible.

Considering there are 464 heroes (in the Catalog of Heroes, which includes alts of each hero, which we know count as unique individuals from the original variant of the hero), so that's...

>At least 3 meals a day per hero, with some meals tailored to the heroes needs (vegetarians like Walhart and I assume some of the Laguz, heavy consumers like Ike and Stahl, etc), as well as food for the Horses, Pegasi, Wyverns, and small creatures seen in some heroes artwork.
>At least one or two sets of weapons, armor, and supplies for each hero, with varying amounts of cost between heroes (I assume buying a full set of armor for Valbar costs more than a set of robes for Wrys, for instance), not to mention repair costs if the Damaged artwork is anything to go by.
>Amenities such as proper living quarters, heat, and such for each hero.
>Training supplies.
>Medical services.
>God knows however much is needed to cover the cost of... antics.

So adding it all up, that's... a shitton of money.

Edited by Xenomata

Cute comic, though it does remind me that the official FE plushies (FCorrin, Lucina, Marth, Ike, Roy) are available in the Nintendo World Store in the US.

Also when it would be a good time to have multiple copies of Cherche who are not turned into manuals.

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Considering there are 464 heroes (in the Catalog of Heroes, which includes alts of each hero, which we know count as unique individuals from the original variant of the hero), so that's...

>At least 3 meals a day per hero, with some meals tailored to the heroes needs (vegetarians like Walhart and I assume some of the Laguz, heavy consumers like Ike and Stahl, etc), as well as food for the Horses, Pegasi, Wyverns, and small creatures seen in some heroes artwork.
>At least one or two sets of weapons, armor, and supplies for each hero, with varying amounts of cost between heroes (I assume buying a full set of armor for Valbar costs more than a set of robes for Wrys, for instance), not to mention repair costs if the Damaged artwork is anything to go by.
>Amenities such as proper living quarters, heat, and such for each hero.
>Training supplies.
>Medical services.
>God knows however much is needed to cover the cost of... antics.

So adding it all up, that's... a shitton of money.

Now that you put it that way, it seems even more crucial they need to make money. That is a shit ton of expenses. They need to sell a lot more plushies.

I am surprised Heroes!Anna is not even more obsessed with money compared to her main series sisters. The protagonists in the main series seems pretty self sufficient, since they can pick up loot and gold from fallen enemies, and their Annas only need to earn money from their side business just to support themselves. Heroes!Anna has a full time job in the Order of Heroes so she might not even have time to run a side business, and she has to financially support like hundreds of soldiers (or over a thousand for Kirans like me).

Also keep in mind that the entire country of Ylisse is only able to support a special forces group (The Shepherds) of about a dozen or two of elite troops. Every other country in all other games support either a similar number of troops or even less.

Since Anna does not seem to have a lot of time to raise money, I assume Askr is helping to foot a lot of the bills. Since Askr seems to be able to afford such a huge special forces branch, they must be massive in size and economy compared to normal Fire Emblem countries. If we use Awakening and Fates as comparisons, Askr would have an economy about 20 times (1,000 Askran Barracks space divided by about 50 playable units from Awakening/Fates game) more massive than either worlds. If Askr is comparable in size to a regular Fire Emblem country, then The Order of Heroes would represent a huge burden on the treasury.