The Everyday Life of Heroes - Official FEH Manga (with translations)! Ch. 100!!! (10/23)

Coolmanio

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Weird... when no-emotion Byleth does it it works like a charm..."

Quick question, in this world do individual heroes have their own rooms, or is it like a big bunk-beds filled room? Cause Bernie might be dead within a day if it's the latter...

Edited by Xenomata

12 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Quick question, in this world do individual heroes have their own rooms, or is it like a big bunk-beds filled room? Cause Bernie might be dead within a day if it's the latter...

Her Forging Bonds more or less said that it's the former because the main story of that one was Ferdinand and company trying to coax Bernadetta out of her room and get her to attend a war council.

God, why was that Forging Bonds so much worse than any of the other ones this year?

Edited by Tybrosion

Back to our regular schedule of BE characters being the spotlight.

I like this comic, Robin makes this so much better.

Bunny Sharena was random but not a bad decision.

47 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

God, why was that Forging Bonds so much worse than any of the other ones this year?

Maybe because 3H characters are more shallow than we give them credit for. Hey I’m just saying a lot of the supports in yhat game can be very samey

2 hours ago, Ottservia said:

Maybe because 3H characters are more shallow than we give them credit for. Hey I’m just saying a lot of the supports in yhat game can be very samey

They are not shallow. They have plenty of depth and Heroes' writers just took the blandest path with them instead of incorporating many of the aspects found in their supports. Contrary to popular belief, there's far more to Bernadetta than her fear of people yet they flanderized that. Annette as well. She's got a lot of aspects to her personality but they instead make her a joke with the bad cooking theme (which by the way was never that bad in TH). Ferdinand's had a good concept with him talking to unusual nobles, yet they took the bizarre path of him reiterating those conversations to Kiran instead of showing the conversations themselves.

The material was there. Heroes writers just did an awful job using it and turned them into one-note gimmicks.

Edited by Sentinel07

1 hour ago, Ottservia said:

Yeah, no they aren't. Like Sentinel said, the material was there but the writers involved with that Forging Bonds clearly didn't give a shit.

There was no excuse for them to give those Three Houses characters nothing interesting when they later gave a one-off boss interesting material.

29 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

The material was there. Heroes writers just did an awful job using it and turned them into one-note gimmicks.

This is the most baffling part to, because up until then they've been doing a good job with Forging Bonds to, even if they did always keep to the theme of "character interacts with [          ] primarily, insert other heroes as needed", replace brackets with Alfonse, Sharena, Anna, or one of the free units. And then suddenly BAM, Three Houses comes along and we regress to the older days of Forging Bonds.

1 hour ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Aww Bernie...*hugs* It's alright, I'll keep you safe!

Oooh, might not wanna do that again for a while, Bernie has a somewhat... troubling history with people suddenly grabbing her.

55 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

This is the most baffling part to, because up until then they've been doing a good job with Forging Bonds to, even if they did always keep to the theme of "character interacts with [          ] primarily, insert other heroes as needed", replace brackets with Alfonse, Sharena, Anna, or one of the free units. And then suddenly BAM, Three Houses comes along and we regress to the older days of Forging Bonds.

Oooh, might not wanna do that again for a while, Bernie has a somewhat... troubling history with people suddenly grabbing her.

Ferdinand's is truly the most mind-boggling for me. His concept was talking to unusual nobles is actually a good one, yet their decision to just have him talking about them to Kiran goes against everything they had been doing in Forging Bonds to that point. It's truly bizarre.

I realize Bernadetta has some repetitive C-supports in Three Houses (and that's unfortunate) but it doesn't take too long to delve in to aspects of her like her backstory and all her hobbies which have quite a bit of depth to them. For them to double down on her fear of people (even going so far as to make it the main story of the FB) legit pissed me off at how they did her dirty. Annette is probably the least gimmicky girl in TH and they made her a gimmick. Good job writers.

Lysithea probably got away with the most "normal" of the supports so to speak, and even then hers still just regurgitates very basic points about her.

Maybe they need to keep Koei Tecmo around because apparently they know to write these characters a heck of a lot better than the Heroes team.

Heh. Something about this comic just feels right. Like, this is actually a day in the life. Also, Bunny Sharena taking care of some of the heroes just makes so much sense. 🙂 There areso many now that we need both Sharenas to do their best! And Bunny Sharena seems more peppy than regular Sharena, so it works out great!

7 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Considering she's my student and it's in my nature to protect my students as much as I can, I will offer her all the support she needs.  Also Bernie is a little treasure who must be protected.

If we ever get Caspar in heroes he will be reminded to give Bernie her space when she needs it.

With that said I am off to make sure Bernie has her favourite cake waiting for her as always.

Edited by TheSilentChloey

8 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, no they aren't. Like Sentinel said, the material was there but the writers involved with that Forging Bonds clearly didn't give a shit.

There was no excuse for them to give those Three Houses characters nothing interesting when they later gave a one-off boss interesting material.

8 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

They are not shallow. They have plenty of depth and Heroes' writers just took the blandest path with them instead of incorporating many of the aspects found in their supports. Contrary to popular belief, there's far more to Bernadetta than her fear of people yet they flanderized that. Annette as well. She's got a lot of aspects to her personality but they instead make her a joke with the bad cooking theme (which by the way was never that bad in TH). Ferdinand's had a good concept with him talking to unusual nobles, yet they took the bizarre path of him reiterating those conversations to Kiran instead of showing the conversations themselves.

I’m not saying these characters lack depth just that they lack range as it were. 3H supports can be very repetitive at times and I feel like the characters’ emotional range suffers because of it because we don’t get to see them in as many different scenarios as is necessary to fully understand what makes them tick. That’s just from my observations though it’s been a while since I’ve read said supports so maybe I’m just misremembering stuff

You know, I never thought about it that way. Probably because my original favorite FE character hasn’t had any particularly embarrassing or weird alts yet, just one rather humanizing one.

This is kind of a blend between funny and sad for me. Alfonse is so disillusioned... Yeah, even if there are legends about them that showcase their best and most epic features, they still have other, more normal sides to them. It can make them relatable...or can tear down the ideal you've had and kind of ruin the concept of something to be inspired by for you.

Wait wait wait... I know the Breidablik can't control who it summons, actually I don't know what exactly it can control besides our wallets, but why the goddamn can heroes be summoned wearing bikinis and bunny outfits? And why the goddamn does it always seem to summon at least a few heroes who don't know why they're even dressed like this?

I think if I was Kiran and I began summoning people in wedding gowns holding giant spoons, I'd start asking Emblia for mercy...

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

Wait wait wait... I know the Breidablik can't control who it summons, actually I don't know what exactly it can control besides our wallets, but why the goddamn can heroes be summoned wearing bikinis and bunny outfits? And why the goddamn does it always seem to summon at least a few heroes who don't know why they're even dressed like this?

I think if I was Kiran and I began summoning people in wedding gowns holding giant spoons, I'd start asking Emblia for mercy...

I believe the Heroes canon lore behind seasonal units is that you're summoning them from the situation in their respective Paralogue chapters. Presumably after the events of those chapters, since a bunch of them end with someone saying "if we meet again, blah blah".