The Everyday Life of Heroes - Official FEH Manga (with translations)! Ch. 100!!! (10/23)

Coolmanio

Oof, I remember being duped by those. I-in my defense those were really convincing when I was twelve...

So my guess is the Sharena dies sub plot is coming next, when will we get riffs on that? "Sharena, you're alive!?" "Oh that? That was just a visiting Sharena from another Askr..."

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Now that both Lon'qu and Florina have had their feature comic strips, we should now lock them in the same room and see how many panels it takes for them to talk to each other.

That's cruel!  But totally hilarious at the same time XD

It's interesting - I don't really feel this one either and I think there tends to be a pattern. While in general I'm pretty indifferent towards the FEH OCs, in the comic I think they're almost necessary to provide a fresh take. Where the OCs are not around, the presence of some FEH-specific mechanics sort of functions in the same way, like Lissa's lightning trap for instance. Where none of those elements exist, the comics tend to fall into re-hashing obvious traits from the same old one-note or two-note characters from most of Fire Emblem's history.

I'm guessing it's somewhat of a matter of creative freedom, or lack thereof. When using the OCs, the writers probably feel a lot more freedom in characterisation and aren't afraid to play around with FEH canon a bit. When dealing with older characters, it's almost if they're afraid of alienating people if they do anything other that depict them in the most obvious way. There is little to no room to expand on their characters.

37 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I'm guessing it's somewhat of a matter of creative freedom, or lack thereof. When using the OCs, the writers probably feel a lot more freedom in characterisation and aren't afraid to play around with FEH canon a bit. When dealing with older characters, it's almost if they're afraid of alienating people if they do anything other that depict them in the most obvious way. There is little to no room to expand on their characters.

This is a gag comic designed to poke fun at the game and the characters in the game. It's not that they're afraid of developing the characters so much as there's simply no reason to do so when delivering the punch line is the end goal.

The use of a character's most notable or memorable traits is a means to the end of delivering the punch line, and not the other way around, and doing so means you don't need to set up any exposition because the reader is expected to already know about these traits.

Edited by Ice Dragon

16 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

This is a gag comic designed to poke fun at the game and the characters in the game. It's not that they're afraid of developing the characters so much as there's simply no reason to do so when delivering the punch line is the end goal.

The use of a character's most notable or memorable traits is a means to the end of delivering the punch line, and not the other way around, and doing so means you don't need to set up any exposition because the reader is expected to already know about these traits.

Sure, but the point is that the gag is a lot more unpredictable with the OCs, and I therefore find them generally more fun. With the others, you tend to see the punchline a mile away.

2 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Sure, but the point is that the gag is a lot more unpredictable with the OCs, and I therefore find them generally more fun. With the others, you tend to see the punchline a mile away.

I think the "I see where this is going" feeling is intentional.

Great to see Florina make an appearance! ^-^
I do feel rather bad for her though, considering how she is also quite timid around new people in general.  :0

9 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:
11 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Now that both Lon'qu and Florina have had their feature comic strips, we should now lock them in the same room and see how many panels it takes for them to talk to each other.

That's cruel!  But totally hilarious at the same time XD

I agree, it would be so mean and yet... I really want this to happen. XD

4 hours ago, Ottservia said:

I like this one. Oh soleil and nina how they entertain me so. They're just big bundles of energetic joy and it amuses me greatly

I agree. This is one of the funniest comics so far. 

Also not surprised that Nina ships Frederick x Seth. Sethderick? Freddyseth?

I don't know much about these Fatesawakening girls, but it's cool to see a comic around Florina. Oh, I wonder how this will work out.

Actually, if they find a green girl, they have a well balanced team.

On 17/04/2019 at 4:08 AM, Puzzle044 said:

Great to see Florina make an appearance! ^-^
I do feel rather bad for her though, considering how she is also quite timid around new people in general.  :0

I agree, it would be so mean and yet... I really want this to happen. XD

Oh god imagine how that would go down!

Kiran: Okay time to pull out the big guns.  Lon'qu you go in here with Florina.  You're both not coming out until you're cured!

LQ: TF?!

Florina: O.O

Time lapse when in Kiran makes sure there's food, water etc

Kiran: Maybe it was a bit too drastic- (sees the pair still not even near one another)- oh well just need to wait a while longer then!

I hope that means Charlotte is getting a staff cavalry alt with stupidly high Atk with Wrathful Staff, Pain, and Vantage built into her staff.

How much does it say when the only way you can use a character in a normal context is by using their alt form, which is currently their only appearance in the game...?

Also how funny she thinks that when the only two men are already married and have kids.

Edited by Xenomata