The Everyday Life of Heroes - Official FEH Manga (with translations)! Ch. 100!!! (10/23)

Coolmanio

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Zeo said:

I really love that guy.

If he'd had Wrath, I would have pulled for him.

Oh, that IS a good idea, and I have a spare Neph~!  Thanks~!

This is why I wanted Helbindi off of the banner.  I don't care if mine is +Spd, HE IS MINE!

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

Regardless, this chapter is adorable and a reminder that Helbindi is best boy out of the FEH OCs thus far. D'aww...

Considering his competition, that was never going to be a challenge to begin with.

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

This is true. I'm still surprised to see people gushing about Hrid instead of him though.

I hate to throw shades to Helbendi since I genuinely like the guy but should someone really get that much praise for not playing the ugly brute cliche straight? I still think he's the best male OC bar none & as far I'm concern Hrid is the most over rated because he's done squat.

31 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I hate to throw shades to Helbendi since I genuinely like the guy but should someone really get that much praise for not playing the ugly brute cliche straight? I still think he's the best male OC bar none & as far I'm concern Hrid is the most over rated because he's done squat.

Honestly same. I like helbindi but I’ll admit he’s pretty much a textbook case of “thug with a heart of gold” and is played completely straight. Not saying it’s necessarily bad but it is rather cliche. Though out of all the male OCs he does have the most depth and nuance so *shrug*

9 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

I hate to throw shades to Helbendi since I genuinely like the guy but should someone really get that much praise for not playing the ugly brute cliche straight?

9 hours ago, Otts486 said:

I like helbindi but I’ll admit he’s pretty much a textbook case of “thug with a heart of gold” and is played completely straight. Not saying it’s necessarily bad but it is rather cliche. Though out of all the male OCs he does have the most depth and nuance so *shrug*

This is my opinion too: he's a plain archetype but it works and I love him for it, and for extra details he gets for his character compared to the others.

Also, with how one-note every other Book 2 OC is - save Laegjarn but again that's due to her building on an existing archetype - I was relieved they didn't pick the low hanging fruit and make him a generic ugly brute. That's another reason I like him so much.

9 hours ago, Otts486 said:

Honestly same. I like helbindi but I’ll admit he’s pretty much a textbook case of “thug with a heart of gold” and is played completely straight. Not saying it’s necessarily bad but it is rather cliche. Though out of all the male OCs he does have the most depth and nuance so *shrug*

22 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

This is my opinion too: he's a plain archetype but it works and I love him for it, and for extra details he gets for his character compared to the others.

Also, with how one-note every other Book 2 OC is - save Laegjarn but again that's due to her building on an existing archetype - I was relieved they didn't pick the low hanging fruit and make him a generic ugly brute. That's another reason I like him so much.

Yea that more or less sums up why he's so likeable

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

This reminds me that I still don’t have Linde and I still want to have Linde n my castle…

I've wanted her since the beginning, yet she almost never appears on banners.  At least I got the summer version.

If I understand Kiran's brilliant plan correctly.  Lon qu is uncomfortable around women, so he puts him with men who look very feminine...perhaps an ease of transition thing.  The real genius is a hooded figure also who is a woman in disguise.  The feminine men thing was just a front, a ruse, really the hope was that he would spend all this time around the hooded figure without batting an eye.  Then after some time Linde would remove the robe and ta da!  Lon qu you were spending all this time with a woman and you were perfectly fine!  

Lon qu is too sharp though.

33 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

I've wanted her since the beginning, yet she almost never appears on banners.  At least I got the summer version.

If I understand Kiran's brilliant plan correctly.  Lon qu is uncomfortable around women, so he puts him with men who look very feminine...perhaps an ease of transition thing.  The real genius is a hooded figure also who is a woman in disguise.  The feminine men thing was just a front, a ruse, really the hope was that he would spend all this time around the hooded figure without batting an eye.  Then after some time Linde would remove the robe and ta da!  Lon qu you were spending all this time with a woman and you were perfectly fine!  

Lon qu is too sharp though.

Pretty sure Lon'qu has some sort of sixth sense that detects women and disturbs him, which is why he doesn't like being around them. If you've ever had your senses overstimulated (especially sound or touch), you could probably equate it to that. If you haven't, maybe you've seen cats when they get overstimulated. If not, then... Not sure how to properly explain this. Look it up, I guess. (That is, "sensory overstimulation.")

On the Linde front, she came to my castle as a free pull on the thunder gauntlet banner. It was cool, I guess.

Also, I'd been wondering how Lon'qu would react to being around Lucius and Libra. It's cool to see a comic about it. Color balanced team, too.