The Everyday Life of Heroes - Official FEH Manga (with translations)! Ch. 100!!! (10/23)

Coolmanio

13 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I'm missing the joke here...

Kiran suggests that drawing the person you want to appear can help them appear. He says this to Elise, but everyone in the barracks overhears. One week later, he is found drowned under an ocean of drawings of characters that the characters he as already summoned want him to summon.

As for the idea that drawing the person you want to appear can help them appear, that's a real-life gacha superstition. (It doesn't help that it's popular in the F/GO crowd where in the canon Fate universe, you can influence the result of your summon by supplying a catalyst related to the Heroic Spirit you are attempting to summon. For example, in Fate/Apocrypha, Mordred was summoned by using a piece of the Round Table as a catalyst.)

Edited by Ice Dragon

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Given Lucina's artistic inability, I want to see her picture of Chrom.

Artistic interpretation (that I made in like 5 minutes in Paint)...

64rE0Dwl.png

Edited by Xenomata

3 hours ago, Xenomata said:

64rE0Dwl.png

Lovely drawing

I have done some weird things to make the character I want show up before, such as holding a Cipher card of them. On last year's summer banners I actually did my summoning at the beach. I've never tried drawing though, perhaps because the result tends to look similar to Xenomata's drawing here (no offence to your drawing skills).

1 hour ago, BoaFerox said:

Lovely drawing

I have done some weird things to make the character I want show up before, such as holding a Cipher card of them. On last year's summer banners I actually did my summoning at the beach. I've never tried drawing though, perhaps because the result tends to look similar to Xenomata's drawing here (no offence to your drawing skills).

None taken, it's supposed to look even worse than a 6 year old with paper and 8 crayons.
I fully admit to having low artistic ability anyway. The last time I tried to draw something, it was when people were doing outfit swaps of characters (I did Beruka wearing Ursula's outfit) and the result was... eh???
Actually the "best" thing I ever made is that sableye icon I use...

Edited by Xenomata

7 hours ago, Xenomata said:

64rE0Dwl.png

That is way too cute to be even reminiscent of Lucina's drawing. Try colors that totally clash and garish representation that makes Chrom look like some sort of mob boss with a messed up face. But seriously, this is adorable. I'm sorry, but you failed at drawing badly. X3

6 hours ago, Xenomata said:

64rE0Dwl.png

not gonna lie this looks like something a 5 year old Lucina(Or Cynthia more accurately) would draw not something Adult Lucina would draw. It is really really cute though

8 hours ago, Ottservia said:

not gonna lie this looks like something a 5 year old Lucina(Or Cynthia more accurately) would draw not something Adult Lucina would draw. It is really really cute though

I agree.  Personally it is more in line with a child than an adult- mostly because some adults can't draw either.

I'm imagining a situation where the Summoner just brings a random thing he/she found and takes it with them to summon, and just summons a Fate servant. While FGO's Master just summons Marth because he found a weird Saints Quarts (FEH orb).

Wait, where was it established that Lucina can't draw?

Anyway, I love the meta joke in 85, I'm glad the writers clearly have their pulse on the fanbase xD

As for 84, I also missed the significance of the title the first time around. Poor Alfonse, what would your mother and sister think?

15 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Wait, where was it established that Lucina can't draw?

It's less "she can't draw" so much as "she has no artistic sense." This is not only found in her support conversations with her mother, but also in the Spring event where she's talking to Xander, who is politely appalled by how bad she is at painting her egg (clashing colors and all that.)

1 minute ago, Mercakete said:

It's less "she can't draw" so much as "she has no artistic sense." This is not only found in her support conversations with her mother, but also in the Spring event where she's talking to Xander, who is politely appalled by how bad she is at painting her egg (clashing colors and all that.)

Ah, I've seen those. Thanks!

3 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Ah, I've seen those. Thanks!

'Course! ^_^ It's one of her more interesting quirks and, sadly, it's hardly ever talked about.

9 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

'Course! ^_^ It's one of her more interesting quirks and, sadly, it's hardly ever talked about.

Yeah Lucina is about as big of a dork as her father and honestly it’s hilarious and I love it

That comic is really meta due to it being an actual superstition among fan artists of gacha games - a fun one, though! Making the effort to draw an image of that heavily desired 5* exclusive or seasonal unit can make you feel like it pays off when you do pull that unit!

On 7/12/2019 at 4:39 PM, Mercakete said:

Yeah, a real shame.

On 7/12/2019 at 4:49 PM, Ottservia said:

Yeah Lucina is about as big of a dork as her father and honestly it’s hilarious and I love it

Yep! Not to mention adorable! It's a pretty odd trait for someone otherwise so stoic~

On 7/12/2019 at 7:50 PM, Roflolxp54 said:

That comic is really meta due to it being an actual superstition among fan artists of gacha games - a fun one, though! Making the effort to draw an image of that heavily desired 5* exclusive or seasonal unit can make you feel like it pays off when you do pull that unit!

Yep! ...on the flip side it must hurt even more if the unit doesn't turn up though...

26 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Yep! Not to mention adorable! It's a pretty odd trait for someone otherwise so stoic~

Yeah it's one of the things that make her character feel all the more real and grounded. It adds much needed depth to her character. I mean seriously there's a reason why Lucina is so popular

3 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Yeah it's one of the things that make her character feel all the more real and grounded. It adds much needed depth to her character. I mean seriously there's a reason why Lucina is so popular

Yup yup! She's pretty well-rounded between the main story and her supports and all the more loveable for it~

11 hours ago, Ottservia said:

To be honest whole this "zero artistic sense" felt too gimmicky for my taste. 

On 7/15/2019 at 7:27 PM, Tenzen12 said:

To be honest whole this "zero artistic sense" felt too gimmicky for my taste. 

I don't actually think that's Lucina tbh.

The only thing they mention is she has a bad fashion sense and don't mention what her art is like.

9 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I don't actually think that's Lucina tbh.

The only thing they mention is she has a bad fashion sense and don't mention what her art is like.

Not really. It's not fashion specifically that's the issue. Color combinations are universal in art, where color is applied. Plus, the print itself (rather than the print on a particular person's specific body type) was apparently done rather poorly. This is confirmed in the conversation with Xander in their bunny xenologue, as he's horrified by how she painted her egg. It's only specific to fashion when the ability in question has to deal with art working with people's existing features. I.e., if a piece would look good on you, but bad on someone else, and being able to tell which is which and why. In Awakening, the example was a dress, but the issues weren't fashion-specific (especially since I don't think her mom ever even tried it on.) The dress could've just been a painting on canvas and it still would've looked horrible. Ergo, she has a bad artistic sense in general, not just a bad fashion sense. It's like her perception of colors is "it's colors!" instead of "this color looks nice next to this one."

Onto the comics.

What a bona fide chair.

I keep imagining the orbs being marble-like rounds, like for a flintlock pistol. Also, those are clearly not eggs. Feh is a messenger owl. She gets the orbs from somewhere just like all the other stuff she delivers. That, or we're just going around egging everyone. I think the former, in all seriousness, though.

Hel better get used to it, because she is going to experience Thunder's Fist and Thunder's Sword for what she did to Sharena.

I guess Feh could potentially be a mother now.