What fire type should I use in Ultra Sun?

DisobeyedCargo

Fire type   

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which fire type?

• Arcanine
    • Turtonator
    • Salazzle
    • Alolan-Marowak

Alolan Marowak in base Sun/Moon had the huge problem of not getting Flare Blitz until really late game, so as a Fire type he has some issues in firepower, though Shadow Bone is really good. If you need a dedicated Fire type to cover your weaknesses instead of A-Wak's Ghost typing, Electric immunity and Ground coverage, I'd pick Salazzle personally. Unless something drastic has changed, Salazzle will come right as you need a Fire type to deal with Totem Lurantis.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Alolan Marowak in base Sun/Moon had the huge problem of not getting Flare Blitz until really late game, so as a Fire type he has some issues in firepower, though Shadow Bone is really good. If you need a dedicated Fire type to cover your weaknesses instead of A-Wak's Ghost typing, Electric immunity and Ground coverage, I'd pick Salazzle personally. Unless something drastic has changed, Salazzle will come right as you need a Fire type to deal with Totem Lurantis.

That would be a problem getting flare blitz so late, since I wanted fire as it covers some shared weaknesses on the rest of my team

34 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

That would be a problem getting flare blitz so late, since I wanted fire as it covers some shared weaknesses on the rest of my team

What is the rest of your planned team?

My vote goes for Salazzle. It comes at a really good time, does extremely well against Totem Lurantis and Mimikyu, and Poison is an all around fun type to use in playthroughs in my opinion.

Plus, I just love the thing. Being able to poison Steel and Poison types is great, Poison/Fire is a good type combo, and the thing is fast as heck PLUS strong specially. Not to mention that speed lets it abuse stuff like Taunt, Attract, among other status moves it gets to great effect.

Doesn't Alolan Marowak STILL not learn Shadow Bone until you get to the move relearner? Its movepool is a tragedy for in-game use unless something has changed, especially with no more STAB on Bonemerang. I don't really think Alolan Marowak is good at all, and especially if you don't have a Thick Club for it to use.

Salazzle is fast and hits hard, and speed is in short supply in Alola. Dragon rage is also still very potent at the time you can find your first salandit. Her movepool is a little bit of a letdown with little coverage, although she can throw out a fast Taunt or Encore, or just become overwhelmingly powerful with Nasty Plot. I voted for her because she's cool but Arcanine might be slightly more practical, especially if you find an early fire stone.

I had Moon so I've never used Turtonator. Shell Smash sounds good on paper but I think even with the boost its speed is a let down for sweeping. It also comes a bit late. I don't think it's Alolan Marowak levels of disappointment but it also doesn't look super impressive either.

9 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

What is the rest of your planned team?

The rest of the team is 

Primarina (poison and grass)

Bewear (fluffy so fire)

Tsarenna (fire, ice, and bug)

UB Adhesive (ice when it evolves)

Dusk lycanroc (grass )

a fire type would either resist a lot of those weaknesses and/or hit them back hard, plus I really like the fire type and having a grass water fire core on every team.

Edited by DisobeyedCargo

3 minutes ago, Espinosa said:

Houndoom is an Ultra Sun exclusive. I'd use one if I were you; after all, it wasn't there in SM. 

I used Houndoom in my last playthrough in a Pokémon game, so I want to give it some time before I use one again.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Xanaxian said:

I use Alolan Marowak. Great physical power and decent movepool. Salazzle isn't a bad choice either though, as it can destroy Fairy-types.

Kinda already beat the game, o choose salazzle. 

Thanks for the advice though