New Heroes: Children of Fate

Elibean Spaceman

Soleil is my 2nd favorite Fates character and i am so glad she's in the game now. Shiro and Siegbert are cool. Though Siegbert's gonna spook Soleil away. Seigbert, please, be a good boy and let me get Soleil. Rhajat has the personality of dog shit so i won't be summoning her, even if her stats cool.

10 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Shiro being in is great, but no Foleo/Forrest is weird. I don't remember Heroes poll results for the kids, but was he really below both Shiro and Siegbert? Disappointing nontheless

Shiro and Siegbert are in because they are the sons of Ryoma and Xander. I'm sure that when Forrest gets in, so will Kiragi.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect Forrest and Kiragi will likely be on the next child banner, since they're the children of the younger royal princes. 

For the guys side - Shiro is perfect. I think his art looks great, too :D Siegbert... they really made him bright, which is odd for a Nohrian Prince. I don't like how they seem to have tried to moeify his appearance somewhat, too. Honestly, not happy with his art, but I like him as a character so I'll go for him. 

Soliel - meh, I prefer my womanisers to be men, personally, I'm afraid, so her personality didn't grab me. I don't like her canon hair colour for her, either. It just doesn't seem to suit her like it does Olivia. Her art is also pretty garish in Heroes, so I really hope she doesn't ruin my chances for Siegbert if they do end up on a banner together. 

Tharja 2.0 - No thanks. I will admit, Rhajat's little chibi sprite looks better than Tharja's because her outfit is nicer but otherwise... No. We didn't need another Tharja clone this close to what will presumably be a Christmas banner with a seasonal banner on -.- It's even more annoying that it feels like Hoshidans have been screwed over again. At least their male addition had the best overall art for this banner, imo ^.^

1 hour ago, Cute Chao said:

I suspect Forrest and Kiragi will likely be on the next child banner, since they're the children of the younger royal princes. 

For the guys side - Shiro is perfect. I think his art looks great, too :D Siegbert... they really made him bright, which is odd for a Nohrian Prince. I don't like how they seem to have tried to moeify his appearance somewhat, too. Honestly, not happy with his art, but I like him as a character so I'll go for him. 

Soliel - meh, I prefer my womanisers to be men, personally, I'm afraid, so her personality didn't grab me. I don't like her canon hair colour for her, either. It just doesn't seem to suit her like it does Olivia. Her art is also pretty garish in Heroes, so I really hope she doesn't ruin my chances for Siegbert if they do end up on a banner together. 

Tharja 2.0 - No thanks. I will admit, Rhajat's little chibi sprite looks better than Tharja's because her outfit is nicer but otherwise... No. We didn't need another Tharja clone this close to what will presumably be a Christmas banner with a seasonal banner on -.- It's even more annoying that it feels like Hoshidans have been screwed over again. At least their male addition had the best overall art for this banner, imo ^.^

I am aiming for Siegbert. He'll be fun with a double Swift Sparrow build if I get the fodder for it. XD

2 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

I hope the next child banner is Awakening.

Sorry, I mean on the next Fates Child Unit banner. I agree with you there. I'd especially love to see Gerome and Laurent :) 

40 minutes ago, Frosty said:

I am aiming for Siegbert. He'll be fun with a double Swift Sparrow build if I get the fodder for it. XD

Hmmm... I actually do have swift sparrow fodder just lying around. I might have to look into that. My Siegbert, should I pull him, is pretty much guaranteed to be -atk or -spd, though. It's ridiculous how many of my 5*'s end up that way -.-

Since they never explicitly stated that it will be Fates children (the banner can mean something else other than the title), I'm also hoping for Awakening children. I probably won't go as far as spending too much of my orb savings for any other characters except for Morgan and Soleil, as they are my favorite 2nd gen characters. However, if they do add Morgan, what will they do with the hair color and stats? Same for Soleil in terms of stat balancing, but she already has a technical 'default' hair color, which I believe is pink. I don't see any possibility for the 'clone' characters (Rhajat, Asugi, Caeldori, etc). They'll most likely be popular characters, but since many are mentioning Soleil, she might be a possibility. But I'm wondering how they'll make her distinct from Laslow and Selena if it does?

Otherwiae, Percy seems okay to me since I need more wyvern riders, and I'm just glad they're adding optional child units at all.

4 minutes ago, Christactics said:

Since they never explicitly stated that it will be Fates children (the banner can mean something else other than the title)

The Japanese name of the banner translates to "Children of Black and White", referencing the Japanese names of Hoshido and Nohr. Or so I'm told. So it's definitely a Fates banner.

There's also the fact that Book II Chapter 2 exists, but that's not important.

34 minutes ago, C. Turtle said:

The Japanese name of the banner translates to "Children of Black and White", referencing the Japanese names of Hoshido and Nohr. Or so I'm told. So it's definitely a Fates banner.

Oh, I see. That makes sense then :0 thanks for the clarification.

all around me are familiar faces
worn out places, worn out faces
bright and early for their daily races
going nowhere, going nowhere

All things considered I can't even be mad at the selection they picked. Shiro and Siegbert make sense seeing the Japanese title. Rhajat and Soleil were the toss ups, but one is literally better Tharja and both are pretty high on the CYL poll. I'll continue to be salty over the lack of Ophelia, but the banner's inclusions aren't what I'm salty about.

Looks like a neat selection, and Rhajat finally adding Gronnwolf to the summonable pool is nice if that's something anyone cares about now. Not sure whether to expect Rhajat, Soleil, or both of them to drop to 4*, but I think it's a pretty safe bet that neither of the guys will. Also the Tactic skills are very interesting.

Regardless, I'm personally going to pass on this, like the CYL 2 and Legendary Hero banners. None of the characters seem to offer much in the way of abilities I don't already have covered well enough, while the seasonal banners have been much better in that regard. After barely managing to get all the characters I wanted from the Halloween banner with a month and a half's worth of orbs, I'm now saving up orbs for Christmas in hopes of getting something good on that banner as well.

I didn't really have anyone I wanted to summon for the legendary hero banner except for lyn, and I need a unit to counter the counterattacks... I'm spending it on Soleil. (Also that I summon units ignoring the skillsets sometimes)

Soliel looks adorable, and I'd love to run her alongside her father (who I'll build up. . .one day).

Shiro/Siegbert have an interesting kit.

Rhajat can get lost.  I'd rather have Sonya.

Well I won't pull much from this banner, but I do like Shiro so when I do pull I will try for him.  Shigure and Shiro are the two Fates kids I like the best as characters.  I just feel like the kids in Fates could have been written better then they were, most of them could do with fleshing out.  I hope Heroes does that well, unlike Fates.  At least I can finally save some orbs when this banner starts.

Slightly peeved that I had already made a 5* RobinF to give Gronnwolf+ to Cecilia a couple weeks ago, but Rhajat seems a better unit than Robin anyway, so I guess I conserved orbs and made an extra space in my barracks.

No Midori? Booo, booo. Soleil is nice, but I won't go out of my way to summon her. The other three can bog off. I'd have preferred Asugi, tbh. I need the ninja cousins IS, make it happen.

Def Tactics and Atk Tactics seems a very interesting skill if you want to run mixed Teams hmmmm.

My guess is the next Fate childs will run Res Tactics (Forrest) and Spd Tactics (Kiragi)

Edited by Hilda

I'll definitely try to pull for Soleil, but I really wish she didn't share a color with Siegbert. I managed to get lucky with it when pulling for Ayra, but I doubt I'll be that lucky with Soleil.

Also, I really wish Ophelia was on it but alas.

Edited by kirauza343

44 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Def Tactics and Atk Tactics seems a very interesting skill if you want to run mixed Teams hmmmm.

My guess is the next Fate childs will run Res Tactics (Forrest) and Spd Tactics (Kiragi)

That or give the rest of the Tactics to the Morgans whenever they come in, since you know...tacticians :P

53 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

That or give the rest of the Tactics to the Morgans whenever they come in, since you know...tacticians :P

I think giving the Morgans hybrid versions (e.g. Atk/Def Tactic, Spd/ Res Tactic) for that same reason would be more fitting, but I also think hybrids are far out in the future. That said, Atk/Spd and Def/Res could be the closest we'll get to Hone/Fortify Infantry, so those would be nice (they buff everyone but Cavalry in the process, but a pseudo Hone Fliers wouldn't be amiss either~)

All in on green it is, tyvm IS. Totally doing it for that Keen Gronnwolf.

Kinda bummed not to see Ophelia in there, but Soleil is definitely a win too. Also, Shiro is the first hero to come with a naginata if I'm not mistaken: neat! And Siegbert is there, I guess.

2 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I think giving the Morgans hybrid versions (e.g. Atk/Def Tactic, Spd/ Res Tactic) for that same reason would be more fitting, but I also think hybrids are far out in the future. That said, Atk/Spd and Def/Res could be the closest we'll get to Hone/Fortify Infantry, so those would be nice (they buff everyone but Cavalry in the process, but a pseudo Hone Fliers wouldn't be amiss either~)

I misread Tactics, ignore what I said about them being anti-cavalry and being Hone Infantry.

Just now, Dogla said:

All in on green it is, tyvm IS. Totally doing it for that Keen Gronnwolf.

Kinda bummed not to see Ophelia in there, but Soleil is definitely a win too. Also, Shiro is the first hero to come with a naginata if I'm not mistaken: neat! And Siegbert is there, I guess.

I'm happy to Soleil too, but why did she have to rush into Zenith too? I won't have Orbs after the Legendary Banner!! (I hope she's demoted or this banner is only for three of them and one of the swordies is a TT reward).