New Heroes: Children of Fate

Elibean Spaceman

Shiro would be the only one who could get me to pull, but I'm pretty big on Shiro AND I need a good excuse to pull blue. Haven't had one in a while and all the blue banners I would've pulled on lately have been eclipsed by better green and red ones.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

Maybe it's going to be Raijinto Shiro. :)

Please no :(

i like the fact Shiro uses a lance to get weapon advantage against Ryoma

that said i wouldn't mind Forrest woth Brynhildr. More likely a staff though since we hadn't had a horse healer in a while and he better have Dazzling Staff because of his dazzling fashion and look

he can be a good enough substitute if the banner is too male heavy :P

Here are the 10 most popular Fates kids according to CYL.
Selkie, Soleil, Ophelia, Velouria, Caeldori, Kana(F), Rhajat, Forrest, Dwyer, Nina

I'm guessing they'll do something similar as SoV seperate army banner. Female Kana with Hoshido kids and male Kana with Norh kids.  I'm expecting Soleil, Ophelia, Caeldori and Rhajat to also show up. If it'll be only one banner then I'm guessing one of the Kanas that is a dragonsone unit will be a TT or GHB reward

Edited by silveraura25

The only kids I really care about in Fates is Shiro and Forrest.... and if they add Forrest, I kind of hope they give him "Dusk Brynhildr" whatever name for an upgraded version of Leo's weapon instead of making him a staff user

But could it be possible that we are under thinking it? I feel like "Fate" is a bit of a vague word that it could refer to Gen 2 Holy War or Gen 2 Awakening.

Edited by DarkDestr0yer61

14 minutes ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

But could it be possible that we are under thinking it? I feel like "Fate" is a bit of a vague word that it could refer to Gen 2 Holy War or Gen 2 Awakening.

The Japanese version of the schedule refers to it as “Children of White and Children of Black” or something along those lines. It’s more of a direct reference to Hoshido and Nohr. 

2 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

People keep hoping for him and it left me wonder: what is it that I don't see in Shiro that makes him an appealing character?

he's hot

But no, I really do like the "inferiority" complex he developed but channeled in a different manner from the "brooding and being sad about it", instead channeling it with a confident personality and a desire to better himself in his own unique way.

13 minutes ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

The Japanese name for the banner specifically calls it "Children of Black/White", which pretty much confirms it as a Fates banner

Okay, for me personally, if Soleil is on this banner, I'm going for this banner without a shadow of a doubt. If Shigure is also in the banner and he's a dancer, I'll also most likely go for this banner. Which is why I'm sort of hoping they aren't, I really wanna summon for the 8% banner, and I'm stumped between that and trying to get Mia and/or Lute.

Edited by Larverto

6 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

The Japanese version of the schedule refers to it as “Children of White and Children of Black” or something along those lines. It’s more of a direct reference to Hoshido and Nohr. 

5 minutes ago, Doof said:

The Japanese name for the banner specifically calls it "Children of Black/White", which pretty much confirms it as a Fates banner

Yeahhhhhhh that is way less vague lol

15 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

People keep hoping for him and it left me wonder: what is it that I don't see in Shiro that makes him an appealing character?

He's a fun and friendly royal character- well partially because he was raised not knowing he was a royal.

but he's very down to earth and has fun supports with the other children and is like a fun big brother to some of them like the Kana supports. Also the only guy Spear Fighter and that's a class that I really like.

some supports even touch upon his complex about not being ready to be king since he just found out just before you recruit him - a complete contrast to Seigbert who is overwhelmed at living under Xander's shadow

With the exception of Dwyer, Percy and Shigure; I want all the Fates children. I'm that individual who doesn't give a shit about any of the Awakening children (with the exception of Noire and Laurent); so I'm happy that the Fates ones are getting the spotlight.

I know it's probably not gonna go quite like this, but I could see something like:
Infantry lancer Shiro, with Brave Lance+, Escutcheon, Triangle Adept, and Swordbreaker, to be the most perfect Ryoma (and also other swordies in general) counter.
Bow infantry Midori, with a Slaying Bow+, Miracle, Live For Bounty, and... I dunno, Hone SPD or something.
Green dragon Kanna, with Dark Breath+, and maybe Dragon Fang, Windsweep and Hone Dragons or something.

And for the Nohrian Children banner:
Tome cavalry Forrest (dunno which color he'd be), with Blessed Brynhildr (or some other upgraded Brynhildr which can eventually be given to Leo as well), and possibly Growing Light, Warding Stance, and Breath of Life. Or maybe Forrest'd be a staff cavalry, with Fear/Physic/Solid-Earth Balm/Breath of Life or something.
Flying lancer Shigure, with Sing, and maybe Flier Formation and Fortify Fliers.
And surprise Velouria, using a Claw or some other melee attack, and maybe HP/ATK 2 and Panic Ploy, to allow for possible Panne/Yarne/Keaton/Kaden/Selkie/Laguz-units-for-a-Radiant-Dawn-banner in the future.
Or maybe Soleil instead, with a Silver Sword+, Sol, the missing SPD-boosting Stance (like Steady/Warding/Fierce Stance, but for SPD), and Vantage.

Probably shouldn't get my hopes up for most of those (especially that Shigure, no way they'll give us a flying refresher). Still, as long as it has something I'm interested in, I'll maybe consider maybe pulling on this banner.
Not gonna lie tho, coming right after 8% BANNER may have me too drained of Orbs to pull on this one, unless I get lucky early on on that one.

Unlike some people I've seen elsewhere, I'm glad that we're getting new characters (rather than special ones) from the newer games. A bit disappointed that they're children (especially since I didn't really bother much about them in the original), but oh well.

Midori is probably the only character I would want on this banner. Here's hoping it actually happens.

4 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Kana getting in before Morgan sounds weird to be since Morgan is generally deemed to be the much better avatar kid.

Personally I think the four kid royals are the most realistic expectation to have and considering I really like each of those four I'd be happy with it. 

This may be a good thing for the Fates children. They were held back by a lot of problems but their character generally wasn't one of such problems. Some like Forrest, Shiro or Siegbert may even be one of the better written ones. This is a nice chance for them to depict their character without that deeprealm nonsense dragging them down.

The possibly problem I see is that they may implement the Awakening clones as a misguided attempt to appeal to the popularity of their originals 

That's four guys and we know that IS don't want a sausage fest.

Kana being before Morgan is already less weird than Fates kids before Awakening so I don't really see the problem with it. I'd choose Morgan over Kana though.

I hope it's NOT: Velouria, Selkie, Nina, Ophelia, Soleil or Sophie.

I've been waiting a long time for those, but I do NOT have the orbs right now. So I hope it's mostly the other kids that I'm not as interested in. Being sandwiched between the super hero fest and Christmas banners is just brutal.

Everyone be talking about Brynhildr Forrest while I’m over here wanting Butler Forrest.

Is there a reason Midori is so popular? Never thought she was that interesting but I’ve also never really used her so that’s most likely why.

58 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I hope for Forrest, with or without Brynhildr.  He's the only Fates kid I'm SUPER fond of, so yeah.

Actually if he gets Gravity, it's pretty much a staff version of Brynhildr. Maybe better depending on what the effect of Gravity+ is.

if Dwyer gets in, i wonder if he'll be a butler instead and use a dagger. Staff probably makes more sense since he holds a staff in his art.

@NegativeExponents- aside from being the token cute design, she's actually smart and hardworking because she tries and makes cures and medicines for people. Maybe being the only Apocathery helps so she's more unique and not just a healer. Also maybe being Kaze's kid, who is also popular helps.

Forrest, Dwyer, Soleil and Nina seem likely because of poll results and DLC whatnot.

Personally, I'm hoping for Shiro, Mitama, Rhajat and Kiragi. Velouria too, but I don't expect that would be the banner they'd use to introduce Beast units.