New Heroes: Children of Fate

Elibean Spaceman

45 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

But less units on a banner means they're even less likely to drop them to 4*, so it doesn't really save anything.

They've drastically reduced the amount of free units - they've cut back on the GHBs that used to happen every fortnight. Only the TT seems to give one guaranteed hero currently once a month - we can't even be sure we'll get a new GHB once a month any more.

I joined late august so I'm not that well acquainted with how things were. Did heroes start with max stamina being 50?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I joined late august so I'm not that well acquainted with how things were. Did heroes start with max stamina being 50?

Yup, before it moved up to 99. And they started out giving us a GHB of a new unit every fortnight and have slowly reduced it ever since. The Tempest Trials have reliably given us the opportunity for one new free 5* unit a month since they began, though.

Banners were nearly always of four units (occasionally six either whole or split into two) until the second PoR banner... the one that really could have happily had a Kieran or a Geoffrey to fill the void -.-

Nephenee could have been a TT reward and the BK a GHB.

2 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

Yup, before it moved up to 99. And they started out giving us a GHB of a new unit every fortnight and have slowly reduced it ever since. The Tempest Trials have reliably given us the opportunity for one new free 5* unit a month since they began, though.

Banners were nearly always of four units (occasionally six either whole or split into two) until the second PoR banner... the one that really could have happily had a Kieran or a Geoffrey to fill the void -.-

Nephenee could have been a TT reward and the BK a GHB.

Now that you say this, I kinda do want more heroes now.

10 hours ago, Thane said:

According to the popularity polls for Awakening and Fates, the Awakening kids generally ranked higher. 

According to the CYL results, the three most popular second generation characters are Owain (#37), Morgan (#46) and Severa (#47). The most popular child unit in Fates according to CYL is Selkie (#59). Those are the numbers we have to work with.

Ah, yes, that seem more correct to me. I'm surprised that Morgan was ranked this high, tho.

5 minutes ago, KongDude said:

We should get Rend Heaven on one of the Hoshidan kids. It's about time we get a new inheritable special.

That would actually be pretty nice. Maybe Shiro since he is a Spear Fighter and is a skill normally learned by the Basara class.

Now we just need Replicate

20 hours ago, KongDude said:

We should get Rend Heaven on one of the Hoshidan kids. It's about time we get a new inheritable special.

So add 30/50% of the enemy's Atk to your Atk stat? Wonder how useful that would be. Maybe Seasonal Jakob/Henry? They use an enemy's massively buffed Atk for a strong hit before Panicking them?

19 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Now we just need Replicate

I don't think any of the Assist Skills currently can target an empty space, which is what Replicate would have to do and be.

I'm among those that are guessing it'll be split into to banners, one for Hoshido and one for Nohr. It could just be the royal children, but given the general bias towards gender-equal or female-dominant banners, I'm guessing each banner with have a Kana, a royal child, and a popular female child. Which, going by CYL (and assuming they're not adding beast units yet) would give us;

Children of Birthright: Kana (F), Shiro, Caeldori
Children of Conquest: Kana (M), Siegbert, Soleil

Alternatively, replace Siegbert with Forrest, since Forrest seems to be more popular, but I just thought it would be more appropriate to have the eldest brother's child in the banner before the younger brother's.

I'm just sorta hoping there's only one character I want from the banner(s). I got lucky with Lute, but I don't trust my luck to hold out for one more character, let alone two. My F2P orbs wouldn't be able to handle it.

Spoiler

All the units look good, or great in Siegbert and Shiro's cases, but I'll probably pass to save up for Christmas still. I'm hopeful Rhajat or Soleil will get demoted to 4* later too, which would be great since I'd like them the most. Rhajat seems most likely, as she has the least interesting stats and nothing really notable but DD3 at 4* if she dropped. Faye is 5* locked with Firesweep Bow, but Roderick got dropped to 4* with his lance, so Soleil seems like she could go either way.

Edited by Alkaid

49 minutes ago, TheBraveGallade said:

no ophilia....

I'm just desperatly hoping for a fates TT so we can get her. she's literally the most popular daughter from fates if the japanese fates polls were anything to go by (this low down the list CYL is inconsistant on actual popularity)

I find it interesting that you're using the Fates poll to judge her popularity and calling CYL inconsistent, when the Fates poll (to my knowledge) was Japan only, and CYL was worldwide. Perhaps it's just that Ophelia's more popular in Japan than the rest of the world, and not that it's "inconsistent" with her actual popularity.

15 minutes ago, C. Turtle said:

I find it interesting that you're using the Fates poll to judge her popularity and calling CYL inconsistent, when the Fates poll (to my knowledge) was Japan only, and CYL was worldwide. Perhaps it's just that Ophelia's more popular in Japan than the rest of the world, and not that it's "inconsistent" with her actual popularity.

I consider anything below the 40 mark inconsistant because of the smaller numbers- meaning that the ranks could flip flop quite easily purely by luck at times, its something that polls have by thier nature as polls.

1 minute ago, TheBraveGallade said:

I consider anything below the 40 mark inconsistant because of the smaller numbers- meaning that the ranks could flip flop quite easily purely by luck at times, its something that polls have by thier nature as polls.

I mean, I was more having a go at the fact you claimed it was inconsistent that she was low in one poll, and cited an earlier poll as your evidence, even though the polls had different audiences, and were held at different times. It's not "inconsistent", it's the results of different polls, with a different audience, with opinions that can change over time.

I mean, I'd like Ophelia in the game eventually too, I just think it's a bit silly to act as if one poll is right, and the other is wrong and shouldn't be considered.

goddamn siegbert getting in the way of my soleil. i hope she's a freebie. soleil's got a nice kit. firesweep sword and darting blow with those stats. she'll work wonders

Edited by silveraura25

Ah, so the Firesweep Sword is finally going to make its appearance.

I would like to get Shiro and Soleil, even though I'm not a huge fan of their Heroes art.  :]  I'm going to keep pulling on the awesome 8% banner for now, so I might be a little low on orbs when this banner comes out!

1 hour ago, CompteSecours said:

But Shiro, good looking as hell, the perfect man.

I wish I had those muscles :(

Feels weird to see his canon hair, it's a bit brighter than what I expected since Ryoma has a darker shade.

But I'm so glad he's here at least!

Also looks like the whole Olivia family line has come to Heroes.

if Ophelia was here, she'd have an even extended family if you add in Chrom, Lucina and Marth!

Shiro being in is great, but no Foleo/Forrest is weird. I don't remember Heroes poll results for the kids, but was he really below both Shiro and Siegbert? Disappointing nontheless. 

As for the girls, I don't necessarily mind Rhajat being in, since she is a better version of Tharja.. but it does feel like a waste since Tharja is in already.

Considering Soleil is one of my absolute least favourite characters in FE, I am less than delighted she is in. Oh well, another reason red hell has become more hellish for me then. Immediate Feathers/skill fodder.