1. 1. What colors are you pulling?

• Red
    • Blue
    • Green
    • Colorless
    • IM SUMMONING ALL CAUSE I DONT WANT TO WASTE MY FRICKING ORBS
    • HA Im not pulling from this! JOKES ON YOU

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

My highest merge is my pity breaker king Seliph.  At least I can upgrade his Tyrfing soon.

Mmm, speaking of Seliph, I'm hoping to get enough Hectors to give him Distant Counter. With Divine Tyrfing and Quick Riposte, my own Seliph may have finally found a usable niche.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see...

I'm probably gonna prioritize pulling colorless and green. Never pulled Genny (the vast majority of the healers I have are already at 3K HM) and Spring Camilla before and Brave Lyn and Bride Cordelia wouldn't mind merges and maybe better IVs. Hector is welcome as DC fodder and I could use a +Atk/-Spd Hector. I already have a built +Spd/-Res Deirdre so she's not a huge priority compared to the others.

Very iffy on the red and blue focus units. I already have a +Atk/-HP Bride Caeda (whom I haven't bothered building up aside from bringing her to lv. 40 and teaching her base kit) and Fjorm is a guaranteed story unit. I never pulled Spring Xander before but I'm not interested in pulling for him. I already have a +HP/-Spd Ike (my luck with Ike hasn't been great), a +Atk/-Spd Celica (whom I didn't bother building aside from SP grinding), and a +Res/-HP Ayra (who works fine even though there are better IVs for her).

4 hours ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

@Alkaid are you summoning for Spring Camilla?  I will definitely try to get her or at least Hector for Greens.  I'm planning on slapping Distant Counter and Slaying Axe+, along with either Luna/Moonbow/Draconic Aura on regular Camilla so she can finally be as good as she was in Fates. 

I already have a pretty good Spring Camilla from when she originally came out, but I'm still gonna see if I can get an even better one or even just merges for her. Hectors and Deirdre (who I don't have yet) are good too, so green's all around great. I'm probably gonna do the same with my regular Camilla as you. We'll have to see how good Slaying Axe+ buffed in the forge is. I'm still debating between that or Emerald Axe+ for mine.

I hope they go right down the list for the next CYL units and we get that sweet, sweet CYL Camilla. Our wallets will be done for dude.

2 hours ago, Alkaid said:

I already have a pretty good Spring Camilla from when she originally came out, but I'm still gonna see if I can get an even better one or even just merges for her. Hectors and Deirdre (who I don't have yet) are good too, so green's all around great. I'm probably gonna do the same with my regular Camilla as you. We'll have to see how good Slaying Axe+ buffed in the forge is. I'm still debating between that or Emerald Axe+ for mine.

I hope they go right down the list for the next CYL units and we get that sweet, sweet CYL Camilla. Our wallets will be done for dude.

Oh god lol.  I might have to end my pledge to not spend any more money on this game.  Considering the trend of high-tier CYL units being released (Mia is 10x better in this game than she was in PoR), she will be great.

2 hours ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Oh god lol.  I might have to end my pledge to not spend any more money on this game.  Considering the trend of high-tier CYL units being released (Mia is 10x better in this game than she was in PoR), she will be great.

I will absolutely not be upset in the slightest if CYL Camilla is broken as hell. Camilla deserves it anyway after they shit on her base version

Took a last try on latest banner (Mia I’m sorry..) I at least got Dorcas and Leo within my first pulls (F2P sucks lol) I’m sitting at 12 orbs going into the TT... I have two 40% bonus units and one 20% (Dorcas, Bike and Blyn) So I’m fairly stacked... 

when book 2 comes out I will get a lot of orbs... considering the TT will get it’s own log in bonus... The new heroes log in bonus stops.. and the New book log in starts the 28th.. (giving you a few orbs before the maps related to book 2)

basically if if I save now it expecting to get somewhere between 130 ish orbs in time for this banner... which I plan on focusing on Red (Missed Ayra.. and My Celica is less than optimal.. my Ike is attack plus defense minus like my Bike...) Green (no downsides like Red where I can pull Hector, and the Deirdre/Camilla spring I missed) and Colorless (Blyn is handy to help my summoner supported freebie... and Cordelia means I get a great 2ndary bow user) 

Blue is a tease... Caeda is a good B tome user... I suppose? But Xander is the full tease... Fjorm copies would be nice I suppose...

so basically you’d want to do it like this.. Red/Green, Then colorless then blue... because for Red/Green you have no bad focus units... While Colorless has one bad egg (Genny is more meh.. but could be a good user to Passover wrathful staff) and Blue (Two bad eggs... but copies to feed Fjorm.. which might never happen again..)

Edited by Ronman5

I've been playing with the Japanese simulator for a while and I don't know if this is confirmation bias but it seems that 200 orbs only gives about 4 five star heroes on average. 1 if your luck sucks. That's pretty rough, although on the other hand in one round I got like 5 Celicas and 4 Deirdres so maybe it doesn't work as intended.

1 hour ago, Alexmender said:

I've been playing with the Japanese simulator for a while and I don't know if this is confirmation bias but it seems that 200 orbs only gives about 4 five star heroes on average. 1 if your luck sucks. That's pretty rough, although on the other hand in one round I got like 5 Celicas and 4 Deirdres so maybe it doesn't work as intended.

If you are doing full pulls of all colors, 200 orbs is (200 orbs ÷ 4 orbs/pull) 50 pulls is (50 pulls × 8% 5-star/pull) 4 5-star characters on average.

49 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you are doing full pulls of all colors, 200 orbs is (200 orbs ÷ 4 orbs/pull) 50 pulls is (50 pulls × 8% 5-star/pull) 4 5-star characters on average.

Makes sense, then I'll only have to pray that when the true thing comes I'll get super luck in case I get average luck those 4 won't be dupes of each other but that's up to RNG.

...I'm holding onto 142 orbs after my summonings from today, and fuck me if I'm not gonna buy another 280 worth with my paycheck next week to improve my chances here!  I REALLY WANNA get to the point where I'm not plunking money down with every check like Sagemaster15 (not hating on him either, I just wish there weren't so many units that i end up wanting every month!), but there is SO MUCH THAT I WANT FROM THIS BANNER!

Reds!

Celica: She's among he best red tome users in the game and I adore the one that I have, but with her being a -ATT, she's been benched for a while. I really want and need a +ATT one so I can wreck face in challenge maps and arena with the green anti-Reinheart offensive meta rising up.  Plus, if i can get a few surplus ones, I can spread around some of that Distant Defense love around. ^_^

Ike: The dude has fucked me over so many times in Arena with his Aether and Vantage 3, he's like a mobile mini-Black Knight.  I want IN on that action!

Ayra: I have her already, but with an +HP IV, she can be better.

Blues!

Not remotely interested...though i do need a few Odins.

Greens!

Deirdre: I have a +ATT one, so I'm not hurting for one.  I'll still pull for her because I really want to get a +3 or higher merge on her.

Spring Camilla: If it weren't for the fact that she's an amazing green mage with the ability to FLY, i'd pass her up.  However, I'm invested in Flyer Emblem teams, so I'm pretty much invested in her.

Hector: I need to replace the one I lost and I want Distant Counter on EVERYONE!!!

Colorless:

Genny: I've been itching to get Wrathful Staff on my Assault-touting Sakura for a while now.  She'd make for a good clutch attacker with her decent DEF and RES.

Brave Lyn: Swift Sparrow fodder and merges.  I have a neutral one and I wanna edge up her stats.

Bride Cordelia: ...DO I EVEN NEED TO SAY IT?!  Y'ALL HAVE SEEN SAGE'S VIDEOS, THE GIRL IS A FREAKING OFFENSIVE GODDESS!!!

Yeah, I'm freaking excited for this banner, and I Really hope this will satisfy my collecting itch for a while.  I need to put my money towards more pressing things, and need to go on a spending hiatus for a few months after this.  lol

On 11/20/2017 at 9:59 PM, Selena4Lyfe said:

Y'ALL HAVE SEEN SAGE'S VIDEOS

Im busy looking back at mkv's old vids

I was kinda jelly of the Bride Cordelia people, that banner's rate was crashed by a regular Lyn actually. Now I can get a Bride Riceload myself~ I find it a tad ridiculous that we are getting the 2 best Bows in the game so easily, on ONE banner

Red: Maybe, if I'm really lucky and get the Greens I want and have Orbs leftover

Blue: We get Fjorm for free, and the two holiday units are low priority, apart from completionist sake

Green: Yes, I need a non -Atk SCamilla.  Extra Hectors or even a Deirdre would be fine.  Also more Titanias for merging.

Gray: "Hey, Rezzy, want a Bridelia?"

Hmm, I want everyone, but Genny and BH Lyn since I already have them or in BH Lyn's case, she was my freebie BH pick and then she decided to show up again while summoning the BH banner which lead to a flood of archers I never summoned including Takumi... Why. Game, I needed them before her.

If I were to go with priority, it would have to be Celica, bride Caeda or spring Xander, spring Camilla, and by default, bride Cordelia as noted above. I need more red mages, so I really want Celica, but the game's a dick, so I'm probably not going to get her. Fjorm's a freebie, so while it would be cool to have more of her, I'd rather have the other two who I'm not guaranteed. The issue is who since the game decided it would be a great idea to give me every blue mage, but Delthea and I never got a shot at getting bunny Lucina or bride Caeda. More blue mages is great and more jellyfish dress brides too, but I'm not sure. Spring Xander's in a weird spot of I want him because Carrot Lance is hilarious, he has Live for Honor, and I like tanky units, but I do have a lot of lance cavaliers -- I have everyone, but Oscar and spring Xander. Either or is fine. Green's rough since spring Camilla is a flying mage and the only flying mage with high defense, but Deirdre has Divine Naga which is effective against dragons -- flashbacks to that one developer challenges -- and I never summoned her or Julia and Hector is the only unit with Distant Counter and Goad Armor let alone that he'd be my second axe knight. Flying mage really is at the top of my list since I don't think I can get ToD Nowi with a final desperate summon or two considering I don't have much room considering my luck, I'd like to have either ToD Henry or Jakob since they're currently the only ranged armors in the game, and I'd like to have as much orbs for the upcoming banners.

I’ve been staring at the two 25$ iTunes gift cards in my Target shopping cart on and off for about two hours now. With all discounts applied, it’s roughly 19% off. It’d been two and a half months since I last spent any money in this game, and I’m really torn on breaking that streak on this banner. 

Spending time on a summon simulator has been helping build my willpower, though.  

14 hours ago, Eridras said:

I’ve been staring at the two 25$ iTunes gift cards in my Target shopping cart on and off for about two hours now. With all discounts applied, it’s roughly 19% off. It’d been two and a half months since I last spent any money in this game, and I’m really torn on breaking that streak on this banner. 

Spending time on a summon simulator has been helping build my willpower, though.  

It's amazing that even at an 8% summoning rate, you could easily spend 200 orbs and only get 4-5 5-star units per the average.  It just shows how abysmally low the chances of summoning  5-star focus units are on regular banners.  At least there won't be pitybreakers...

I went to Target last night and they were doing the B1-get 30% off on iTunes cards and I actually thought of this banner.  But that would only equate to 100 orbs, which equals 20-25 summons, which would lead to 2 focus units...decisions decisions...

I think I will ultimately postpone my decision to spend money on the banner until the final two days it is available.  I mainly want Hector, S! Camilla, Ayra, and Ike, so if I get lucky pulling only red/green orbs I could do pretty well and not "need" to pay my hard-earned buckz.

Also, the main problem with the Target sale is that we ultimately get just 15% off per card, and save only $7.50 total.  At least it's better than their deals on Nintendo hardware and games

Lets see, I want Ayra for sure, Celica would be nice, more Ikes is never a bad thing.

Fjorm I thought was a free character who would be locked to just the one like the other OCs but hey, if she's summonable as well I can live with that. Caeda and Xander are trash though.

Deirdre is certainly not bad, though with the weapon upgrading I'd say Julia is overall better. Camilla would be acceptable. Hector is always great to have more of regardless of being for merges or DC fodder.

Brave Lyn and Bride Cordelia are both excellent pulls. Genny is -shrug- until the actually make healers worth using in the arena. Which is probably never.

So 4 "Great" pulls for me (Ayra, Hector, Brave Lyn, Bride Cordelia), 5 "Good" pulls (Celica, Ike, Deirdre, Camilla), 2 "meh" pulls (Fjorm, Genny), and 2 "Garbo" pulls (Caeda, Xander).

In theory I should avoid blue orbs like the plague. But Fjorm might become one of the new quest characters due to being an OC and having IVs could really help her out. 

I don't want anyone on this banner particularly badly, but I wouldn't mind having Celica, some more Ikes for merging, and Bride Cordelia, so I'll pull a few reds and colorless. But that'll be all.

Can't this banner last all month so that I can whale on it...?

Really though, I need Hectors. I have more than a few units who need Distant Counter, and the other Greens at least look appetizing if not... "appetizing".

After that though, I need a new Brave Lyn. I've been having second thoughts on if I REALLY need a new nature for my Bridelia, but they're no more than second thoughts. I'll probably be sacking her HP at the first chance I get. But at the end of the day, I'm summoning from every orb anyways.

Edited by Xenomata