• Colorless
    • IM SUMMONING ALL CAUSE I DONT WANT TO WASTE MY FRICKING ORBS
    • HA Im not pulling from this! JOKES ON YOU

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I still don't understand why Spring Xander is here. He's not even very good.

He is here for his badges farming skill.

He is also here to piss off people pulling for Fjorm.

23 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

He is here for his badges farming skill.

He is also here to piss off people pulling for Fjorm.

...but badges are ridiculously easy to get.

18 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I would rather have Reinhardt on the banner. It has been a while since he has been a focus unit.

I can see that they want two from the first two special banners, but they picked probably one of the worst ones from it. Oh well, I have all four spring units anyway.

Bridelia is a solid unit for the brides at least and I'm not complaining about the chance to finally get Ceada.

40 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

I absolutely love her VA in both English and Japanese. I'm not very knowledgeable about English VA but I certainly know her Japanese VA. Rie Takahashi is one of my favorites (Megumi from Konosuba, Emilia from Re:Zero, Mashu Kyrielight from F/GO and Matome from Akiba's trip), I'm very pleased that she's voicing what I consider one of the best OC in FEH in terms of design. Now I can fanboy about having Megumi/Emilia in the game YEEEES! It's at times like this where I wish we could have JPN audio and English interface but I won't complain, I can always hear her quotes on some website if I so desire.

Her English VA actually hasn't done all that much. Going off of her BtVA page (which lists her as Heather Hogan), she's most notably been in Tales of Symphonia, The World Ends With You, Soul Calibur, and... the Land Before Time movies. She also happens to voice one of my favorite characters in one of my favorite games of all time (Ys: The Oath in Felghana), so I'm personally very excited to see her voicing another Heroes character after Tailtiu, heh. Don't worry, we're both fanboying here, even if it's for different reasons!

44 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I still don't understand why Spring Xander is here. He's not even very good.

He's there to even out the number of limited banner characters (so that there are 2 each from the Easter banner and the brides banner). Given the color distribution of the Easter banner, they basically had to pick either him or Lucina.

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

He's there to even out the number of limited banner characters (so that there are 2 each from the Easter banner and the brides banner). Given the color distribution of the Easter banner, they basically had to pick either him or Lucina.

Yeah, I get that, but...by most accounts, he kind of stinks. At least Lucina gives swift sparrow fodder (well, I might merge, but that's me).

3 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Yeah, I get that, but...by most accounts, he kind of stinks. At least Lucina gives swift sparrow fodder (well, I might merge, but that's me).

I get the feeling that Xander was one of the last picks for this banner. Bride Caeda might've already been decided on over Charlotte, so they wanted to avoid adding a similar blue mage, and there are already two other units that give Swift Sparrow on this banner. If nothing else, at least he gives unique fodder that no one else on the banner provides.

Also... Bride Caeda and Spring Lucina are super similar, stat-wise. Identical Atk, Caeda has a 1-point Spd lead, Lucina has more mixed bulk, and Caeda focuses on Res. Xander gives more variety to the blues, which, while he's not a particularly good unit, looks better than having two nearly identical blue mages in the same pool.

2 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

I get the feeling that Xander was one of the last picks for this banner. Bride Caeda might've already been decided on over Charlotte, so they wanted to avoid adding a similar blue mage, and there are already two other units that give Swift Sparrow on this banner. If nothing else, at least he gives unique fodder that no one else on the banner provides.

Also... Bride Caeda and Spring Lucina are super similar, stat-wise. Identical Atk, Caeda has a 1-point Spd lead, Lucina has more mixed bulk, and Caeda focuses on Res. Xander gives more variety to the blues, which, while he's not a particularly good unit, looks better than having two nearly identical blue mages in the same pool.

I did forget how similar they were, and since I already have Lucina, I'd take Caeda as a unit I don't have even if swift sparrow is a decent skill to have (watch me get like 10 Xanders though).

So, if they keep up this trend, what limited units do you all think might return next time? I honestly don't remember which ones came next. Was it summer?

5 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I did forget how similar they were, and since I already have Lucina, I'd take Caeda as a unit I don't have even if swift sparrow is a decent skill to have (watch me get like 10 Xanders though).

So, if they keep up this trend, what limited units do you all think might return next time? I honestly don't remember which ones came next. Was it summer?

I'd love another chance to get Spring Lucina myself since I didn't get her, but I don't have Caeda either, so I'm still pretty okay with this too. I'm fully expecting to get nothing but Xanders, and I am scared, haha.

Yep, the Summer banners were next. From those, if they keep to two from each, I could see us getting Gaius, Female Robin or Tiki, Female Corrin, and Xander. They seem like a solid mix of strong units and decent fodder. Although they might just bring back the rest of the units from the Spring and Bride banners instead. Which means that instead of Caeda and Charlotte sharing a color, it's Lucina and Charlotte. Hooray...

So there's going to be a Legendary Banner by the end of December? I thought the next time we'd be doing this again would be no sooner than the 1 year anniversary in February. Knowing that another of these is just around the corner, I may not want to spend all my orbs that I've saved up.

And if Legendary Hero banners become as regular as Seasonal banners, then I guess that's the answer to the 5 star pool being too big. You can hunt for the units you want once they're in that rotation.

4 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

I'd love another chance to get Spring Lucina myself since I didn't get her, but I don't have Caeda either, so I'm still pretty okay with this too. I'm fully expecting to get nothing but Xanders, and I am scared, haha.

Yep, the Summer banners were next. From those, if they keep to two from each, I could see us getting Gaius, Female Robin or Tiki, Female Corrin, and Xander. They seem like a solid mix of strong units and decent fodder. Although they might just bring back the rest of the units from the Spring and Bride banners instead. Which means that instead of Caeda and Charlotte sharing a color, it's Lucina and Charlotte. Hooray...

Doesn't help that I also plan to go for Hector. I'll probably end up with a +10 Camilla and Xander.

5 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Doesn't help that I also plan to go for Hector. I'll probably end up with a +10 Camilla and Xander.

Oh goodness, don't remind me, haha. I wouldn't mind one Camilla for completion, but I'd rather get Hector and Deirdre by far... which means that I'll only get Camilla, I'm sure. I wish the both of us luck for once the pulling officially begins.

2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Oh goodness, don't remind me, haha. I wouldn't mind one Camilla for completion, but I'd rather get Hector and Deirdre by far... which means that I'll only get Camilla, I'm sure. I wish the both of us luck for once the pulling officially begins.

Ironically, Having a +10 S!Camilla would sound like a dream to me. Maybe that's because she is a mage flier and having her would be amazing for my flier emblem, specially if run with Gronnraven, but I digress.

Just now, Poimagic said:

Ironically, Having a +10 S!Camilla would sound like a dream to me. Maybe that's because she is a mage flier and having her would be amazing for my flier emblem, specially if run with Gronnraven, but I digress.

Camilla is certainly useful from a gameplay perspective, but character-wise, I don't like her nearly as much as Deirdre. And Hector has Distant Counter, which so many of my units want right now. Any spare Camillas will probably be giving their egg tome to other units for laughs :P

7 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I don't know enough about Deirdre to really like her, but a green mage would be nice (that isn't Nino or Camilla). 

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

Camilla is certainly useful from a gameplay perspective, but character-wise, I don't like her nearly as much as Deirdre. And Hector has Distant Counter, which so many of my units want right now. Any spare Camillas will probably be giving their egg tome to other units for laughs :P

I saw a Lancina with a carrot lance. 

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I don't know enough about Deirdre to really like her, but a green mage would be nice (that isn't Nino or Camilla). 

I saw a Lancina with a carrot lance. 

She's one of the more tragic characters in FE4, and I tend to like tragic characters more in general. Although I have seen some interesting theories and opinions of Camilla that have given her a bit more respect from me, but not enough to consider her a favorite for sure.

I might give one to my own CYL Lucina as well, it sounds like nice, dumb fun, heh. Maybe the Nephenee I got recently as well, because why not. It really just depends on how many Xanders I get, which I really hope will be not many.

Argh why are green orbs so scarce.

Started with 80+ now down to 12 orbs.

Main account got me a Bridelia, which is awesome, after getting to 9.50%! Neutral, so I'll take it. I wanted a seasonal either her or Camilla, and because I used up my green orb luck with Henry, I'll take her!

Second account not so lucky. I got a Genny, who I already have. Wrathful Staff fodder then I guess- she's +Def/-Res which I'm not sure is better than my built up Neutral Genny, but I at least have a 5 star.

Edited by mcsilas

About 140 Orbs used. Got a +Spd/-Atk Spring Xander (on first summoning session), a +Spd/-Def Spring Camilla, and 3 Gennys (+HP/-Def, +Spd/-Atk, and +HP/-Spd). Got Genny and 2 new units but couldn't pull either of the 2 bow focus units.

35 pulls so far (I don't have budget remaining until next month starts since I'm trying to cut down on my spending). Got Ayra, Ike, and Diadora. None of them have spectacular natures, so they'll just get merged.

Need more Fjorm...