The official ''I have Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon'' topic!

Michelaar

2 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

I've had good experiences with my own Dusk, but I'm also surprisingly powerful.

Houndoom, on the other hand, wrecked stuff in XD. He'll be slightly worse here, because physical special split means he need to specifically wait on Dark Pulse, but he'll be amazing when he gets there.

...(Honestly, I haven't played these games with a team of six ever, so I'm not sure where your holes are. I just overpower the game with teams of twelve.)

Nice, I see! I'm patient, so I don't mind waiting for Dark Pulse. :)

I thought I was going to have trouble with Lana's trial and breeze through Kiawe's, but I wound up having the reverse happen. Lana's was still rather tough, but I beat it in one try. Kiawe's is just kicking my ass... I don't know when I'll beat it, if I do at all. But Jerec the Buneary evolved during the water trial! So that was great. ^^ Everybody's levels now:

Minuet (Brionne): lv. 22
Jerec (Lopunny): lv. 22
Skye (Rufflet): lv. 21
Kiel (special Rockruff): lv. 21
Bryan (Eevee): lv. 18

I've quit giving Bryan anymore levels for now though, don't want him to accidentally evolve into a not-Leafeon or level up so much that he misses good moves in Leafeon's pool.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I pretty finished Ultra Sun, and quite frankly I have mixed feelings. I can’t believe I’m saying, but I think I prefer the original Sun and Moon versions. Especially the story. The story was much more inferior than in Sun. I hated some of the changes in the story.

It’s not a bad game really, but personally it lacked some charm and the game as a whole felt rushed.

EDIT: However, I really liked the Rainbow Rocket arc.

Edited by Water Mage

Man, this game's challenge has thrown me so off guard. I had a lot of trouble with Kiawe's trial (to the point where I was ready to give up and sell my game, in fact...) and I would've had trouble with Mallow's too except I got lucky with Lopunny's Cute Charm kicking in at the perfect time. lol But seeing that Lurantis helplessly be in love with my bunny was awesome because that thing was always annoying. xP And I evolved my Eevee right after finishing that trial because Lush Jungle is where the moss rock is.

I just beat Olivia and evolved my Rockruff too. Olivia also caught me off guard. I actually couldn't type trump any of her Pokemon except Lycanroc because of their dual type combinations... So I wound up having to use a revive. But my team now!

Minuet (Brionne) - lv. 29
Jerec (Lopunny) - lv. 29
Skye (Rufflet) - lv. 28
Kiel (Dusk Lycanroc) - lv. 29
Bryan (Leafeon) - lv. 28

I also had some fun with the Photo Club! Seriously, you can make some cute pictures here! :D

11221715582.jpg?width=651&height=489

I finally got my copy of Ultra Sun a week after release. Really wanted to predownload it but got over it after seeing that the story was more or less similar to the originals. I admit that when the games were first announced, I somehow deluded myself into thinking it would be some alternate story where the main character arrived some time after the original story had kicked off, Hau would be a Trial Captain, Lillie would be a brainwashed underling of her mother and Gladion would have Nebby in place of his sister in effort to thwart his mother plans.

No, I don't know what I was thinking but I still my idea better.

That said, the one thing I really like about these games is the UI design. Everything looks so colorful and cheery; the next new games better take notes.

48 minutes ago, SlayerX said:

I am cruious, how different is the story? Would you guys say play US/UM even if you have Sun and Moon because of the story or is it as it is described here at ~1:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgeN25oaKnc

The story follows the same beats, but I dare say some of the things like the Trials and such had more of an impact because I played Sun. The climax of Lana's Trial in Ultra Sun is built on the subversion of expectation, and part of that comes from having seen how the same event plays out in Sun.

I ran into trial trouble again with Sophocles. I literally had no answer this time, I had to catch another Pokemon. So I got me an Adamant Beldum...who actually didn't help all that much once evolved and leveled up a bit, but it helped enough for me to win. So yeah, I can keep moving along! Minuet also evolved. ^^ I beat Guzma in Malie Garden and quit there for the day.

Minuet (Primarina) lv. 35
Jerec (Lopunny) lv. 34
Skye (Rufflet) lv. 33
Kiel (Dusk Lycanroc) lv. 34
Bryan (Leafeon) lv. 33
Marc (Metang) lv. 33

Marc is temporary though, as I still want a Houndoom later. But I might pull it out again in the future. I also caught a very good nature Gastly that I used to help catch Marc and I'll train it up sometime too. I don't know if I'll nickname it tho.

Edited by Anacybele

17 hours ago, SlayerX said:

I am cruious, how different is the story? Would you guys say play US/UM even if you have Sun and Moon because of the story or is it as it is described here at ~1:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgeN25oaKnc

The beginning is very similar, the changes in the story start to appear about the time you invade the Aether Foundation.

And one character’s role was completely changed.

That being Lusamine. She’s no longer a villain, and even lost her obsession with Ultra Beasts. Quite frankly, I think Ultra Sun/Moon completely ruined her. She was such a brilliant villain.

Other changes in the story include the removal if the scene with Lillie in Exeggutor Island, and Lillie

no longer leaves for Kanto.

And Ultra Recon Squad was just...there. They really didn’t do much.

Finished Po Town. Glad too, because that was always my least favorite part of Alola. xP I also got my Houndoom earlier!

Minuet (Primarina) lv. 42
Jerec (Lopunny) lv. 42
Skye (Rufflet) lv. 41
Kiel (Dusk Lycanroc) lv. 42
Bryan (Leafeon) lv. 41
Sara (Houndoom) lv. 40

Sara is from my OC Kiel's sister, Sara! They're wolf laguz siblings. And both Lycanroc and Houndoom are canines.

Exploring Kala'e Bay a bit before heading to Ula'ala for the first time.

Team:

Mudsdale lv. 30

Marowak (Alolan) lv. 31

Magneton lv. 31

Kadabra lv. 31 (still awaiting my friend to tradeback me on it)

Hawlucha lv. 30

Brionne lv. 32

My Ultra Sun team ended up differently then I imagined it, but after the poni trial my team is finally complete.

Incineroar lv. 53

Mr. Mime lv . 51

Trevenant lv. 51

Omastar lv. 49

Alolan Ninetales lv.48

Flygon lv. 45

Edited by Sasori

How did people beat Ultra Necrozma? I can't do anything right now since it outspeeds and oneshots all my Pokemon. My team is lv. 55 on average, with my highest level Pokemon being 56. My team is still the same as I posted above, just higher leveled since then. Oh, and Rufflet evolved.

I don't like having to grind a lot, so that's not an option for me. Is there anything else I can do?

Edited by Anacybele

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

How did people beat Ultra Necrozma? I can't do anything right now since it outspeeds and oneshots all my Pokemon. My team is lv. 55 on average, with my highest level Pokemon being 56. My team is still the same as I posted above, just higher leveled since then. Oh, and Rufflet evolved.

I don't like having to grind a lot, so that's not an option for me. Is there anything else I can do?

Step 1: Battle Dancer Julia in Poni Wilds. Upon her defeat, she will give you a focus sash. A focus sash guarantees that you can't be knocked out in one hit. It's like sturdy.

Step 2: Put the focus sash on your Pokémon who has Toxic. Anybody can learn this move, and anyone can hold a focus sash.

Step 3: Have the pokémon with toxic and the focus sash out front, and toxic Necrozma on turn 1, don't do something else.

Step 4: Make sure you have enough revives. Toxic does more damage each turn, but just to be sure, you should have enough revives with you to keep at least 1 party member alive. 

Step 5: Use moves like protect, detect, etc. Or use the revives to make sure your team stays alive.

Step 6: Watch Necrozma die from poisoning.

This works with any team, with any person. As long as you follow these instructions, you'll be fine.

2 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Step 1: Battle Dancer Julia in Poni Wilds. Upon her defeat, she will give you a focus sash. A focus sash guarantees that you can't be knocked out in one hit. It's like sturdy.

Step 2: Put the focus sash on your Pokémon who has Toxic. Anybody can learn this move, and anyone can hold a focus sash.

Step 3: Have the pokémon with toxic and the focus sash out front, and toxic Necrozma on turn 1, don't do something else.

Step 4: Make sure you have enough revives. Toxic does more damage each turn, but just to be sure, you should have enough revives with you to keep at least 1 party member alive. 

Step 5: Use moves like protect, detect, etc. Or use the revives to make sure your team stays alive.

Step 6: Watch Necrozma die from poisoning.

This works with any team, with any person. As long as you follow these instructions, you'll be fine.

...Did you forget that I told you I didn't want to try this because I didn't think it would work? No offense, but really. We had this conversation already in Discord. I said I appreciated you trying to help, but this idea is just not something I want to try, I'm sorry.

Anyone else have ideas?

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

...Did you forget that I told you I didn't want to try this because I didn't think it would work? No offense, but really. We had this conversation already in Discord. I said I appreciated you trying to help, but this idea is just not something I want to try, I'm sorry.

Anyone else have ideas?

Even though I told you it is TESTED AND WORKS?! Not trying to be mean, but you are being stubborn at this point. Just try it. There is NOTHING to lose. You have mroe than enough money, more than you even need.

Edited by Michelaar

2 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Even though I told you it is TESTED AND WORKS?! Not trying to be mean, but you are being stubborn at this point. Just try it. There is NOTHING to lose. You have mroe than enough money, more than you even need.

It's not money I'm worried about, it's wasting my time trying and then failing again. I get that you're not trying to be mean. Sorry if I'm coming off as stubborn, but it's just how I feel.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Anyone else have ideas?

Necrozoma is extremely fast and powerfull enough to one shot pretty much everything so defeating him in a normal fight might not happen anytime soon. The toxic spam is the safest bet, but otherwise you could try to go for a specific pokemon to counter Necrozoma.

Mimikyu could solve your problems. It can withstand the first hit and hit back for super effective damage with its special Z move. Maybe the totem you can get is on the right level for it too? I'm not sure about what level you get it at.

Edited by Sasori

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

It's not money I'm worried about, it's wasting my time trying and then failing again. I get that you're not trying to be mean. Sorry if I'm coming off as stubborn, but it's just how I feel.

The only way the Toxic strat can fail is if it misses, which you can remediate with a reset. You don't need the Focus Sash either, just catch a Mimikyu (any level, doesn't matter), teach it Toxic, use Disguise to survive the first hit from Necrozma, land Toxic, then survive until it ends.

Another strat that works is spamming Sucker Punch, but I don't know if anyone on your team can learn it through level ups. (Rockruff and Houndour can learn it through breeding.)

Oh, don't bother suggesting Mimikyu to Ana, she doesn't like it and won't use it ever, regardless of how good it is. The advice is all solid, but she's not gonna take it lol

Oh, and progress wise I'm still being indecisive about who all I'm gonna use. I think I'm finally set on using Mimikyu, Lycanroc, Ribombee, Zoroark, Raichu, and Kommo-o

Edited by Kon

3 hours ago, Sasori said:

Mimikyu could solve your problems. It can withstand the first hit and hit back for super effective damage with its special Z move. Maybe the totem you can get is on the right level for it too? I'm not sure about what level you get it at.

1 hour ago, Skfoos said:

The only way the Toxic strat can fail is if it misses, which you can remediate with a reset. You don't need the Focus Sash either, just catch a Mimikyu (any level, doesn't matter), teach it Toxic, use Disguise to survive the first hit from Necrozma, land Toxic, then survive until it ends.

Another strat that works is spamming Sucker Punch, but I don't know if anyone on your team can learn it through level ups. (Rockruff and Houndour can learn it through breeding.)

56 minutes ago, Kon said:

Oh, don't bother suggesting Mimikyu to Ana, she doesn't like it and won't use it ever, regardless of how good it is.

This. I do not like Mimikyu at all. And if this is really the only Pokemon that can take a hit from Necrozma, GF is really stupid. Why force us to use a certain Pokemon even if some people might not want to use it? Sure, for a reason I don't know, this thing is liked by some people. But that doesn't mean we should all be forced to use it. We should be able to use any Pokemon we want in this battle, not only one. Same with the Toxic thing. If this is all that works, that's lame. It's more fun when people use all kinds of Pokemon to figure out a bunch of strategies, not limit it to one Pokemon and one move.

The advice is all solid, but she's not gonna take it lol

I DO appreciate the advice though.

3 hours ago, Sasori said:

Necrozoma is extremely fast and powerfull enough to one shot pretty much everything so defeating him in a normal fight might not happen anytime soon. The toxic spam is the safest bet, but otherwise you could try to go for a specific pokemon to counter Necrozoma.

I see. But you just said it one-shots everything. So what Pokemon would counter it at all in that case? Also, I still don't get why GF thought making it THIS powerful was a good idea.

Edited by Anacybele

If you don't want to use toxic, a similar strategy worked for me. I gave the sash to my Vikavolt and used Thunder Wave to paralyze Necrozma, which let me outspeed and beat down on it(Z-Draco Meteor from Noivern and a dazzling gleam from Gardevoir downed it in two hits for me, but I don't know what super effective options you have). If you don't want to bank on toxic stalling, this is another similar method. People only suggest Mimikyu because it's ability does the same thing as the focus sash in practice, it means that you can never be OHKO'd by Necrozma, but any pokemon with the sturdy ability can say the same, as well as anything holding the aforementioned focus sash.

Edit: Additionally, while there aren't a lot of things that can stand up to Necrozma, Steel types resist all of it's moves as long as their secondary type isn't weak to one of them, and one with reasonable bulk behind it should also be able to at least survive Necrozma.

Edited by Ether

18 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

This. I do not like Mimikyu at all. And if this is really the only Pokemon that can take a hit from Necrozma, GF is really stupid. Why force us to use a certain Pokemon even if some people might not want to use it? Sure, for a reason I don't know, this thing is liked by some people. But that doesn't mean we should all be forced to use it. We should be able to use any Pokemon we want in this battle, not only one. Same with the Toxic thing. If this is all that works, that's lame. It's more fun when people use all kinds of Pokemon to figure out a bunch of strategies, not limit it to one Pokemon and one move.

I DO appreciate the advice though.

I see. But you just said it one-shots everything. So what Pokemon would counter it at all in that case? Also, I still don't get why GF thought making it THIS powerful was a good idea.

Mimikyu and Zoroark are perfect.

2 minutes ago, Ether said:

If you don't want to use toxic, a similar strategy worked for me. I gave the sash to my Vikavolt and used Thunder Wave to paralyze Necrozma, which let me outspeed and beat down on it(Z-Draco Meteor from Noivern and a dazzling gleam from Gardevoir downed it in two hits for me, but I don't know what super effective options you have). If you don't want to bank on toxic stalling, this is another similar method. People only suggest Mimikyu because it's ability does the same thing as the focus sash in practice, it means that you can never be OHKO'd by Necrozma, but any pokemon with the sturdy ability can say the same, as well as anything holding the aforementioned focus sash

I see. Yeah, that's true. But I still wonder if this was GF trying to milk Mimikyu's popularity by making more people use it. But I guess I still don't necessarily HAVE to, if the Toxic and Focus Sash thing DOES work. It's just too bad I don't have Thunder Wave... I have Pokemon that can learn it, but I'm not sure I have moves I'm willing to replace with that.