The official ''I have Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon'' topic!

Michelaar

I caved in and decided to get Ultra Moon. Downloading it right now :)! I think I'll use Litten this time around. Seems to fit the play during night theme in my head. Debating whether or not i should use Lycanrock Dusk or use some new pokemon. But I think I will go new pokemon.

Edit: Oh also, Tapanoir, do you have a link, I tried to google but apparently i suck.

Edited by SlayerX

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, SlayerX said:

I caved in and decided to get Ultra Moon. Downloading it right now :)! I think I'll use Litten this time around. Seems to fit the play during night theme in my head. Debating whether or not i should use Lycanrock Dusk or use some new pokemon. But I think I will go new pokemon.

Edit: Oh also, Tapanoir, do you have a link, I tried to google but apparently i suck.

Lycanrock Dusk is really hard to level up in Ultra Moon (only between 5am and 6am) due to how time works in this game, so you would have to change the internal clock of your 3DS or wake up really early. He is fast and hit hard, but that may not be worth it.

Litten is pretty great honnestly. He will works well against most Totem Pokémon, thanks to its great typing. I used it in Moon, and never regretted it. 

Edited by Tamanoir

Yeah the Lycanroc-Dusk evo is kinda annoying, but I could always just change the time of my 3ds as you suggest. Although, I do have to wake up that early for work every once in a while so i could just do it then. Although, I think I'll just use pokemon i have never used before. 

11 hours ago, Tamanoir said:

Lycanrock Dusk is really hard to level up in Ultra Moon (only between 5am and 6am) due to how time works in this game, so you would have to change the internal clock of your 3DS or wake up really early. He is fast and hit hard, but that may not be worth it.

Litten is pretty great honnestly. He will works well against most Totem Pokémon, thanks to its great typing. I used it in Moon, and never regretted it. 

You can use the reverse world as well. I have Ultra Moon.

9 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

You can use the reverse world as well. I have Ultra Moon.

Firstly, they're talking about a maingame playthrough, so unless I'm wrong that's not available. Secondly, I didn't even know that was available in USUM at all, since the Wormhole that took you there before doesn't do that anymore. Where is it?

From Serebii:

With the Cosmog you befriended in the game having evolved into the Solgaleo & Lunala, you can get another Cosmog. This Legendary Pokémon, while technically an Ultra Beast, is a rather complex one to get. After you have defeated the Elite Four, when it turns to Night in Sun or Day in Moon, you can return to the Altar of the Sunne/Moone with Solgaleo/Lunala in your team respectively and you'll be able to go to the Reverse World, where it is back to Day/Night depending on your game. Then, go to the Lake of the Sunne or Lake of the Moone from Ula'ula Meadow and reach the altar, with Solgaleo/Lunala still in your party. Cosmog will then appear. You don't need to battle it, it will join you automatically.

1 hour ago, Emerson said:

Firstly, they're talking about a maingame playthrough, so unless I'm wrong that's not available. Secondly, I didn't even know that was available in USUM at all, since the Wormhole that took you there before doesn't do that anymore. Where is it?

It's the same wormhole. If you bring the right Legendary at the right time, you get access to all three options: Ultra Warp Ride, Ultra Megapolis and the reverse world. Otherwise only the first two options are available.

Just finished Ultra Moon with Incineroar, Alolan Raichu, Shiftry, and Quagsire. All ported in as level 1s using Pokemon Bank. The 1.5x exp certainly made me overleveled, but I wasn't interested enough in playing this game to even turn off exp share for some extra challenge. Some trials and the fight against Guzma in Po Town were hard enough as my pokemon stopped listening to me, lol. I was also supposed to fill my remaining party slots with anybody I thought would complement the team, but I never did. There was Aerodactyl for a time, but mostly those slots served as a way of evolving pokemon throughout the game for more pokedex entries. I had only two boxes full of caught pokemon by the end of the game, but everybody in those boxes was fully evolved by the end, so that was pretty productive.

Game was okay I guess. My first and only playthrough of Moon isn't fresh enough in my mind for me to appreciate what they had changed. What I really wanted out of a return to Alola would be more Alolan forms, this time of non-Kanto pokemon. Unfortunately, that was not the case, but I'll hold out hope for future titles returning to this concept of regional variants. Gen 2 and Gen 4 in particular could use the most help in making me care about their added pokemon that weren't just evolutions of previous pokemon

Edited by Glennstavos

I really like the updated HUD. I also really like the pokedex feature when we encounter a pokemon we haven't seen before. It is really cool looking idk.

Edit: I really like the updated pokedex in this game. There are so many more pokemon to find, it is great. I really feel like Sun and Moon are really just shells waiting to be filled like Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are. Though I disagree with the price, I don't regret this decision :)

Edited by SlayerX

Just beat Ultra Necrozma last night. Here's how I did it:

Magnezone Thunder Wave

Snow Warning Vanilluxe Blizzard x2

Everyone else in the team was a stalling meatshield in case Vanilluxe went down and I needed to use a revive. So the end result was a monstrous Lv 60 Eldritch Abomination was defeated by a Lv 57 Double Scoop Ice Cream with some assistance from a magnet-thingy and a flaming cat wrestler. Seriously, it went down in two Blizzards.

Current team:

Vanilluxe, Tentacruel, Incineroar, Crobat, Magnezone, empty (reserved for Lunala)

Edited by Purple Mage

I haven't progressed a lot (I really should bench some Pokémon, instead of trying to train them all), but I got a shiny Cottonee, which made me happy. I've accidentally killed a shiny Smoochum before (a lame shiny of a lame Pokémon, but a shiny nonetheless...), so I'm glad I have at least a "real" shiny (as in full odds) for this gen. The fact it's actually a great one just is the icing on the top.

Unrelated, but I've realised I've used a Metagross in every generation since its first appearance. It is one of the best Pseudo Legendary after all.

I recently got the game, and am already at the water trial.

Team is: Hawkeye (Lv24 Dartirx), Kabuki (Lv23 Zorua), Maisy (Lv21 Growlithe), and Seabiscut (Lv17 Mudbray)

Right now, I'm looking for my fifth team member, Magikarp, so I can actually have a chance at beating the water totem.

7 hours ago, Poimagic said:

I recently got the game, and am already at the water trial.

Team is: Hawkeye (Lv24 Dartirx), Kabuki (Lv23 Zorua), Maisy (Lv21 Growlithe), and Seabiscut (Lv17 Mudbray)

Right now, I'm looking for my fifth team member, Magikarp, so I can actually have a chance at beating the water totem.

Wingull/Pelipper or Mantine may be a better option actually. Resists both STABs and can hit super effectively. Mantine can also have Water Absorb., so that's cool.

So, I just reached Vast Poni Canyon myself. Guzma's 3rd battle was as hard as the 2nd ones, but Lusamine was pretty easy. Milotic's Hydro Pump was quite dangerous, but everything else was manageable.
I'm actually thinking of replacing Hawlucha with either Kommo-o or Mienshao, since he isn't that strong anymore.

I should give an update since I am pretty far. Right now, I'm at the point in the game where you do the Asther Paradise infiltration and I'm at the start

Team: Maisy (Lv41 Arcanine), Seabiscut (Lv42 Mudsdale), Hawkeye (Lv43), Kabuki (Lv 41 Zoroark), Orochi (Lv42 Gyarados), Bastion (Lv40 Metang)

So after getting Ultra Sun and playing Pokémon for ten years, yesterday I finally encountered my first Shiny. It’s a Spearow, which is funny because I personally know two people who both caught a shiny Fearow.

Today I found something even more absurdly uncommon in the form of Pokérus, which doubles the amount of EVs gained in battle. The chances of finding a wild Pokémon with Pokérus is roughly 1 in 21,845, but I don’t know when I got it because my entire team was infected when I first noticed it. Maybe the game just wanted to make up for the water trial being really annoying.

If you’re wondering about my team, currently I’m using Torracat (Lv 20), Inkay (Lv 19), Magnemite (Lv 19), Rockruff (Lv 18), and Eevee (Lv 19).

Edited by Lightchao42

Just finished USUM and I have to say, it was quite boring for me honestly. Idk I guess I was turned off by the very long and boring early game (probably why I would not replay SM or USUM) and idk it just felt very bothersome to play through the game again. Though it is weird for me since I was content with replaying Platinum after DPP got released.

Though I'm quite excited about the post game so, hopefully my enjoyment will come back again.

My final team (named after Constellations) is Decidueye - Orion, Ribombee - Cygnus, Lanturn - Aquarius, Archeops - Draco, Bewear - Aries, and Metagross - Capricorn. Though Decidueye was not fun to use honestly, I wished I had picked Litten tbh (I picked Popplio in SM and wanted to use something else)

4 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

So after getting Ultra Sun and playing Pokémon for ten years, yesterday I finally encountered my first Shiny. It’s a Spearow, which is funny because I personally know two people who both caught a shiny Fearow.

Today I found something even more absurdly uncommon in the form of Pokérus, which doubles the amount of EVs gained in battle. The chances of finding a wild Pokémon with Pokérus is roughly 1 in 21,845, but I don’t know when I got it because my entire team was infected when I first noticed it. Maybe the game just wanted to make up for the water trial being really annoying.

If you’re wondering about my team, currently I’m using Torracat (Lv 20), Inkay (Lv 19), Magnemite (Lv 19), Rockruff (Lv 18), and Eevee (Lv 19).

Reminds me of my time through Diamond...

Be sure to keep an infected Pokémon on a box to be able to spread it later.

Man the Guzma battles were rough, but the other battles were pretty easy. Necrozma forms would have wiped my team, but Alolan Muk was apparently a really good idea. It killed Dusk Wings Lunala without any issues, and would only get 3hko by Ultra Necrozma despite being 10 levels below. Lol. I just toxic'd the thing and revived my whole team for that sweet experience gain. 

My team has a crippling fairy weakness though, and Mina almost ended me because I wasn't careful enough lol. If it wasn't for the focus band on passimian I would have lost that battle. 

I got Ultra Sun. Decided to go with the alternate universe thing and picked Rowlet instead of Litten. Gonna transfer over my entire team after beating, so I'm currently getting a new team.

I'm obsessed with the clothing options, as usual.

18 hours ago, SlayerX said:

Man the Guzma battles were rough, but the other battles were pretty easy. Necrozma forms would have wiped my team, but Alolan Muk was apparently a really good idea. It killed Dusk Wings Lunala without any issues, and would only get 3hko by Ultra Necrozma despite being 10 levels below. Lol. I just toxic'd the thing and revived my whole team for that sweet experience gain. 

My team has a crippling fairy weakness though, and Mina almost ended me because I wasn't careful enough lol. If it wasn't for the focus band on passimian I would have lost that battle. 

I lost a Focus Sash on that Ultra Necrozma fight, but it allowed Malamar to Topsy Turvy him.
Then Bisharp finished it, since it resist alll its attack. I probably could have just used Bisharp, but whatever.

Strangely enough, Granbull was the most dangerous, since I had a massive weakness to Stone Edge on that team. And Bisharp was weak to Earthquake.but once Stone Edge ran out of PP, it wasn't that hard.

finally finished the game. At least the main game anyway. My team ended up being:

Incineroar, Jynx, Mantine, Passimian, Muk, Alolan Exeggutor.

Training Jynx from smoochum was a pain, but afterwards she nestled into the team ok. Still would die to a sneeze, but she was good nonetheless. Mantine and Muk were Godsends at time. Bulk coupled with decent attacking stats, meant i could breathe in some battles, allowing me to stall for revives, or hit-heal-hit to eventually win. Alolan Exeggutor was a bit more disappointing though. I think i could have given him a better movepool though other than dragon hammer, flamethrower, sleep powder and leaf storm. Passimian was great. It can take a surprising amount of hits, and can hit pretty hard. Lastly, Incineroar was great. He was much better than Decidueye even, cuter too as he reminds me of sylvester. Definately turned him into my favourite gen 7 starter. 

Had a much easier time with the Elite four this time. Although, I was at around level 57 this time as opposed to level 52-54 back in sun. Also I knew the Elite 4 had changed somewhat, but the change was not what i was expecting lol. Kinda weird why they would change it but whatever. GF doesn't always make sense.

Edited by SlayerX

Just became Champion in UltraMoon and I'm kind of disappointed overall. The story as a whole felt weaker, they took out all the good Lillie moments, and even the credits were generic instead of having the photo showcase, among other things. Up to this point it feels like a mostly worse version of the same game, something I've never felt about the "third version" in any generation previously.

Edited by Florete