Dumb College Classes You've Taken

So I'm getting ready for my last 2 semesters at my university,  and I need a few electives to finish up my liberal arts degree. So for spring 2018 I will be taking Beekeeping to get 3 hours towards finishing up.

My school also offers courses in Online Walking and Scuba Diving. 

Have any of you taken a class like that just to finish up, or just to say youve taken it?

Team Sports, which I got a speaking-intensive credit for. It was a student-taught class where the students basically set-up the curriculum, and we were in charge of getting into groups and teaching the rest of the students how to play specific sports. It was mostly a class where we just showed up and played games.

Survey of Western Music, where we just listened to a bunch of music and occasionally took a quiz. I finished the final in roughly 10 minutes.

At my last semester at a community college before I transferred to a proper university and took the above classes, I took Strength Training, which was just an excuse to get credits to work out.

I actualy took organic chemistry as an elective once. I had to take gen chem for my major and really, really liked it, so i took orgo to see if i liked that too. I didn't.

3 hours ago, Slumber said:

Survey of Western Music, where we just listened to a bunch of music and occasionally took a quiz. I finished the final in roughly 10 minutes

FYI, I had to take sense of music as a core requirement. It was actually really difficult (we had to do things like go to a concert and write a paper on it, or take a test in which we identify some of the "tools" that music uses). I find that stupid courses depend more on the professor than the course. I once took a fencing course where the professor did not care, and just had us play basketball. Obviously, most fencing courses are more rigorous.

That being said, I mostly tried to find fun but at least theoreticaly useful electives, like architectural drawing, or 3D animation.

Edited by sirmola

I really don't think its Dumb per se, and i never would have checked out the music if i didn't take this class.
But i'm currently taking a media class where we just study about the life time and the musical style of The Beatles and how they impacted the music world and the world as a whole

To finish out my requirements, I took level 300 History and Psychology classes.  I was a Biology/Chemistry double major and could have taken easier classes, but I wanted something challenging, so I wouldn't get bored.  I got Phi Beta Kappa out of it, so I guess it was worth it.

On 20/11/2017 at 3:57 AM, Ein said:

Everything but the science and math classes

But that excludes language courses, and philosophy (which is deeply intertwined with Math and Science).

I took many dumb courses, mainly from the physics department, some professors were not capable of teaching, lesson-planning, test-making, etc.

I took a german course where I felt like it was kind of a waste. W barely spoke german during the class (partly cause the prof gave up trying to have the class do it), and the people in the class were terrible too. Well some of them, but enough that it was annoying.