Valkyria Chronicles 4 announced for every console

The DanMan

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I literally come back from playing probably about 12 hours of Valkyria Chronicles 1 and I see this, tis a sign from the gods! And it's on the switch! (Now all I need is that VC3 remake I know people want) It looks like it's on the Atlantic Federation's side during EW1, looks amazing! I hope squad 7 is in it (and maybe the nameless) but this literally made my day. As of right now (since we know nothing about FE switch) it is already my game of 2018.

2 minutes ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

I literally come back from playing probably about 12 hours of Valkyria Chronicles 1 and I see this, tis a sign from the gods! And it's on the switch! (Now all I need is that VC3 remake I know people want) It looks like it's on the Atlantic Federation's side during EW1, looks amazing! I hope squad 7 is in it (and maybe the nameless) but this literally made my day. As of right now (since we know nothing about FE switch) it is already my game of 2018.

What about a port of Valkyria Chronicles Remastered to the Nintendo Switch and Xbox One since that it was on PS4 as well? I'm kinda surprised to see Valkyria Chronicles 4 is coming to the Nintendo Switch and Xbox One, not just PlayStation 4.

this is one of those series that make me feel old, I remember when the first game came out and I was only 12 or 13 at the time, thinking how cool the game looked, but I couldn't afford that $500 PS3

4 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

this is one of those series that make me feel old, I remember when the first game came out and I was only 12 or 13 at the time, thinking how cool the game looked, but I couldn't afford that $500 PS3

I definitely heard Valkyria Chronicles was on PC as well. It was released on World Wide at November 11, 2014.

10 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

I definitely heard Valkyria Chronicles was on PC as well. It was released on World Wide at November 11, 2014.

I mean. that was over 10 years ago

I still haven't bought the PC release but I was given the PS4 version as a gift

Just now, Captain Karnage said:

I mean. that was over 10 years ago

I still haven't bought the PC release but I was given the PS4 version as a gift

I definitely saw the Remastered version of Valkyria Chronicles was released only on PlayStation 4. I did saw the stream on YouTube that the graphics on Valkyria Chronicles Remastered looks really amazing.

Crap, they're continuing this series? Guess I'd better return to the first one and finish it. Everybody that harps about these games thinks the series is dead or suffering a slow death on PSP, so I believed them. Cross platform release is the most hype. The most unlikely being an Xbox One version. I didn't know anybody in Japan cared enough to own an Xbox One.

As for the trailer, I can't share any constructive opinion about a story cutscene. Call me again when there's gameplay. It'll be ten years since the first game when this next one drops, so I'm curious to see how the series has evolved

56 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Crap, they're continuing this series? Guess I'd better return to the first one and finish it. Everybody that harps about these games thinks the series is dead or suffering a slow death on PSP, so I believed them. Cross platform release is the most hype. The most unlikely being an Xbox One version. I didn't know anybody in Japan cared enough to own an Xbox One.

They don't, the XB version is only for the west, Japan only gets Switch and PS4. 

1 hour ago, Slumber said:

Time to dust off my ColecoVision. 

I know you probably meant it as a joke but just out of curiosity(and just to get the idea of your joke), what does your ColecoVision have anything to do with this?

4 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Cool! Now the question. Do I need to play 2 and 3 to play this one?

Judging from the trailer which seems to have a complete new cast, I can safely say that you don't need to play them both. 2 takes place after the events of 1 and 3 takes place during the events of 1.

Considering that we haven't seen VC for a long time, 4 will most likely tell a story that doesn't hint the previous games.

7 hours ago, Alexmender said:

I only have the remaster of 1 on my PS4 and it was pretty cool (if a bit long at times).

2, most definitely No.  3 is optional (but it never came to the west, though there is a fan patch for the deluxe edition game) and it does provide some other story during EW1, but it's still mainly Gallia.

7 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

What about a port of Valkyria Chronicles Remastered to the Nintendo Switch and Xbox One since that it was on PS4 as well? I'm kinda surprised to see Valkyria Chronicles 4 is coming to the Nintendo Switch and Xbox One, not just PlayStation 4.

I already got the remastered version on ps4, so while it would be cool, I wouldn't get it. Now if they did remaster 2 or 3 (on the ps4 or switch) I would get them (definitely 3).

12 hours ago, Harvey said:

Despite this, I’m still skeptical. This could again just be a half polished game in the end just like Sonic Forces and a major chunk of SEGA games in general.

lol. Sega has more development studious than just SONIC TEAM.

But now I want to see Sonic team's take on the series. You've already got Shadow the Hedgehog, the ultimate life form in Selvaria. And I guess ragnite is the stand in for Chaos emeralds and/or rings. And the Darcsen are those defenseless animals Dr. Robotnik puts in his badnik robots.

Well, this is nice. I saw a playthrough of the 1st and 2nd games, alongside with bits and pieces of the 3rd title. I own Valkyria Chronicles for the PC, but I never got around to finishing it. Maybe I should...

I wonder what the setting and story is for the fourth installment. Azure Revolution, despite its gameplay faults, had an amazing soundtrack and decent story. If the 4th can improve on that (and seeing it will probably use the classic gameplay), then I have faith it'll do okay.

34 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

lol. Sega has more development studious than just SONIC TEAM.

But now I want to see Sonic team's take on the series. You've already got Shadow the Hedgehog, the ultimate life form in Selvaria. And I guess ragnite is the stand in for Chaos emeralds and/or rings. And the Darcsen are those defenseless animals Dr. Robotnik puts in his badnik robots.

If that is the case, then how come they still end up with mediocre games at best regardless?

Of what they released this year...

•  Valkyria: Revolution
  • Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone 
  • Yakuza 0
  • Puyo Puyo Tetris
  • Sonic Mania
  • Yakuza Kiwami 
  • Sonic Forces

Of these, only 1 is considered a good game released this year which is Sonic Mania. The 4 of them are just ports done right and 2 of them suck or are just meh at best. And while its a good thing to have a couple of old games released now after a long time, it still doesn't change the fact that they hardly produce much of quality.

Since they keep talking about evolving off of the first game, this makes me wonder if the classes introduced in 2 and 3 (Gunner, Armored Tech, and Fencer) are going to return. I'd hope they stay around and that there's a couple new classes besides just Grenadier.

37 minutes ago, Harvey said:

If that is the case, then how come they still end up with mediocre games at best regardless?

Of what they released this year...

•  Valkyria: Revolution
  • Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone 
  • Yakuza 0
  • Puyo Puyo Tetris
  • Sonic Mania
  • Yakuza Kiwami 
  • Sonic Forces

Of these, only 1 is considered a good game released this year which is Sonic Mania. The 4 of them are just ports done right and 2 of them suck or are just meh at best. And while its a good thing to have a couple of old games released now after a long time, it still doesn't change the fact that they hardly produce much of quality.

Yakuza. Is. Excellent.

They are not the Shenmue games we deserved, but they are the games we needed. And in fact Yakuza 0 reviewed as good or better than Sonic Mania. And the only two games on your list that get less than an 80 on Metacritic is that Valkyria spinoff and Sonic Forces, so do your homework. 

Sonic Forces was not a good game. But you can get over it. We've all gotten over bad Sonic games. It's part of growing up.

17 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

I'm kinda surprised to see Valkyria Chronicles 4 is coming to the Nintendo Switch and Xbox One, not just PlayStation 4.

Xbox One is surprising, JRPG sales on that system are downright sad. It coming to Switch shouldn't shock anyone, the system has sold almost 2.2 million units in Japan in less than 9 months and it's on track to outsell the PS4 over there by the end of maybe the next fiscal year (March 31st 2019). It hasn't even had its first holiday season I might add. Pretty soon Switch is gonna be the main system for Japanese games, you can count on that.

Edited by DragonLord

2 hours ago, DragonLord said:

Xbox One is surprising, JRPG sales on that system are downright sad. It coming to Switch shouldn't shock anyone, the system has sold almost 2.2 million units in Japan in less than 9 months and it's on track to outsell the PS4 over there by the end of maybe the next fiscal year (March 31st 2019). It hasn't even had its first holiday season I might add. Pretty soon Switch is gonna be the main system for Japanese games, you can count on that.

The original VC was planned to be a 360 exclusive at first, and they ported Revolution of all games to it for the localization. Sega and MS themselves have a bit of a history together (down to I believe MS even providing assistance with at least one of their consoles); I think past attachments, along with porting costs being lower than ever before (the Xbox One and PS4 have very similar hardware architecture, compared to the 360 and PS3 being worlds apart), lead this to happen. 

A new Valkyria Chronicles game?  And it's actually a mainline game?

qhCyd9Y.png

Oh yes, please!

How did I miss this?  VC is the game that got me into strategy games in the first place.  I'm so glad it's gonna be on the Switch, 'cuz that's the only one of the three consoles I'm really interested in.

I can't really watch the vid, so I kinda scrubbed through.  But I did see the main characters with the Atlantic Federation flag, so it looks like it'll finally be something outside of Gallia.

Though the real question is...

Will we see Townshend?  Our dear princess-kidnapping, racist-supporting ambassador?

Spoiler

Or is he ded?

Also, will we get the two best Darcsen girls as guest characters again?

22 hours ago, Alexmender said:

I only have the remaster of 1 on my PS4 and it was pretty cool (if a bit long at times).

Two may be important, as it's a direct sequel that takes place in Gallia after they warded off the Empire.

Three most likely isn't, as it just follows secret ops that take place during the first game.  It may have some details of interest, but I highly doubt anything there would be necessary for going into VC4.

It's hard to say though, because we don't know much about VC4, obviously.  Not only that, but it doesn't seem to even take place in Gallia anymore, so anything that happened in any of the games before might be almost entirely irrelevant anyway.

Still, I think if you can get them, you should still play them.  VC2 doesn't have the best story and characters in the series (though I do like some of the characters), but it introduces some new gameplay mechanics that are pretty neat.  I haven't played VC3 yet, but I hear it's better than VC2, so there's that.  But as was said before, VC3 is a Japan-only game.  A Japan-only game that does have an English translation patch, but still...

22 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

It was a pretty good release, too.  Tank controls were a little wonky, but the rest of it was fine.  You could have the frame rate adjusted to your monitor's refresh rate, which only causes some minor glitches.  It didn't receive too much mod support...  Some HD graphics packs, save-editing, and this one mod that rebalances the game so that it basically is a lot tougher (highly recommend it; it's called "Gallian Crossfire").

Never got the PS4 version because... well, I don't have a PS4.  But I definitely have heard good things about it.