How to Calculate Arena Score! (NOW UPDATED WITH ARENA MATCHMAKING CHANGES + CALC SITE [READ THE OP OR ELSE])

Arcanite

Arena Things Because Why Not  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Do you run Nino in your arena core?

• Yes, because I understand the power of the force
    • No, because I have yet to see the light
    • I don't have Nino :/
    • I alternate every season depending on bonus units and stuff
  2. 2. 4 star +10 units. Opinions?

• I disapprove, they are for F2P weaklings who can't promote to 5 star+10. The fools.
    • I approve, who in the ACTUAL fluff, REALLY has the time and resources to promote the same unit to 5 star 11 times? (Could be less though)
    • I am indifferent
  3. 3. What do you have to say to Reinhardt?

• "Magic is indeed everything"
    • "I enjoy torturing you with Fae and the like"
    • "When will you come home? ;-;"
    • "Meh, you're totally overrated, tbh"
  4. 4. What do you have to say to Brave Lyn

• "FRICK, IT'S THE ENEMY!"
    • "Is there ANYONE who can truly counter you?"
    • "I laugh in pity at the fools who decided not to pick you for free"
    • "I WANT to say you're overrated, but I fear the backlash I may receive from the people who have no skill and can't beat you in an arena match"
  5. 5. Isn't Nino the bEst of the bEst?

• Doing my bEst!
    • I CANT READ
    • AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    • She is the best lord in the series, tbh

SO I am in a special FE discord, and they have some very reliable info on certain things (they give data mine info live).

Apparently someone figured out how to calculate arena points, and I gotta say, it is proving to be very accurate.

Let us waste no time!

EDIT A (12/13/17):
The Formula has changed in light of recent updates and developments. I have edited this to reflect such!

The full formula as follows (it is a little more complicated for better accuracy, than it was before):

1. (Rarity*5) + (Level*2.25) + (Merges*2) + (BST/5) + (SP/100) + (Blessing) = Unit Total
2.You would then add the 4 unit totals together and divide that by 4 for the average. As an example, I put in my Nino, Lancina, Olivia, and Dorcas (their sets are outlined later in this post).
167 + 168 + 169 + 163 = 166.75
3. You would then add a base 155, assuming advanced arena 
166.75 + 155 = 321.75
4. You then add 7 for each unit in your team. This would be 28 automatically unless you're (for whatever reason) running less than 4 units
321.75 + 28 = 349.75
5. Multiply that by 2 for your advanced arena score with a bonus unit. It also rounds up but only to an even number. As an example, 349.75 rounds to 350. 349 * 2 = 699.5, but rounds up to 700. If it were 699, it would go down to 698.

Something to note: You multiply your score, and then round. Rounding first gives wrong info sometimes. As an example, 348.75 rounds to 348. With a bonus unit, 348 * 2 gets base 696, BUT that is not how it works. You multiply the original value, 348.75, by 2, not the rounded value. 348.75 * 2 = 697.5 which goes up to 698.

SO let's get down to the nitty gritty itty bitty little details and intricacies of the calculation~

1. Base Score: Advanced arena battles have a base score of 174 points. Intermediate and Beginner are different, but those values differ from Arena to Arena Assault.
    The new calculation adds base score towards the end of calculation, and also is a different number than 174.
  2. Rarity*5: Pretty simple. You take the rarity of a unit and multiply it by 5
    As an example: Olivia is 4 star, so she gets 20 points since 5 * 4 = 20
  3. Level*2.25: Again, pretty simple. You take your total amount of levels and multiply it by 2.25. Unless you're a moron, this number will always be 90 since you're probably gonna have your units at level 40.
  4. Merges*2: Also, pretty simple. Ya take ya frickin' merges and multiply 'em by 2~
  5. BST/5: This is sorta complicated. BST is rounded down to the nearest 5th point. So 5 star Olivia has 150 BST as well as Lute, even though her base BST is 151. Amelia has 170 BST even though it is actually 173, and all non-BST inflated infantry melee weapon users have 155 BST even though it is usually 155 etc. 
    MERGES AND SKILLS DO NOT ADD TO BST DURING CALCULATION (AS WELL AS SUMMONER SUPPORT). AS AN EXAMPLE, A LANCINA WITH 2 MERGES HAS 162 BST, BUT HER BST STILL COUNTS AS 155 DURING CALCULATION. FURY 3 INCREASES YOUR STATS, BUT DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR BST DURING CALCULATION.
    Once you know your BST, you divide it by 5 and you're done
  6. SP/100: VERY annoying, and simple at the same time. SP cost is the total amount of your skills rounded down to the nearest hundred..... always. So if you have a Lancina that looks like this: 
    Spoiler

Geirskogul 400
    Rally Def/Res 300
    Aether 500
    Sturdy Blow 2 240
    Lance Breaker 3 200
    Drive Spd 2 240
    Fort Res 3 Seal 200

^This is my Lancina btw
    She's pretty lit

That would equal 2080 points, but would round down to 2000 SP, which would be divided by 100 for 20 points
    The reason I say it is annoying is because you might end up like my Lancina and have 80 points sitting there being rounded off into oblivion :dry:
  7. Blessing(s): Blessings basically add 2 points to your score, but you calculate it by adding 4 to your unit's total, whichever unit has it (the blessing).

As an example, I did my team:

Spoiler

Lucina (Brave) (5* +atk -hp)  
Weapon: Geirskogul  
Assist: Rally Def/REs
Special: Aether  
A: Sturdy Blow 2  
B: Lancebreaker 3  
C: Drive Spd 2  
S: Close Def 3

Olivia (4*+10 +spd -res)  
Weapon: Wo Dao+  
Assist: Dance
Special: Moonbow  
A: Fury 3  
B: Wings of Mercy 3  
C: Hone Atk 3  
S: Fort Res 3

Nino (5*+3 +atk -def)  
Weapon: Gronnblade+
Assist: Draw Back
Special: Aether
A: Fury 3  
B: Desperation 3  
C: Hone Atk 3  
S: Squad Ace D 3

Dorcas (5*+3 +atk -hp)  
Weapon: Stout Tomahawk  
Assist: Reposition
Special: Draconic Aura  
A: Fierce Stance 3  
B: Quick Riposte 3  
C: Infantry Pulse 3  
S: Distant Def 3

I can post all the math, but that team gets 700 - 714

I have not tested this team, since the update, because this is an old team from the arena season during the week this thread was made
My new team though, Fjorm Olivia (with blessing) Lancina and Nino, scores 704 - 718, and while I have yet to see a 718 team, I do have a base of 704.

Here are a couple of other things to note:

• My 4 star +10 Olivia scores 2 more points than my Lancina, and she only has Ruby Sword+ Dance Moonbow Fury WoM and Hone attack. This means that 4 star +10 units are pretty worth it if you don't have the feathers.
  • Since SP rounds down, you'll probably want to make sure you cover whatever points are near a 100 benchmark, like how my Lancina rounded down to 2k SP when she had 2080. I can put my Atk Smoke Seal for 240 and reach 2120 points.
  • Sacred Seals do in fact affect your SP total.
  • The Quickened Pulse Seal and Armored Boots Seal are both worth 100 SP. Deflect, Phantom Speed, and Hardy Bearing are all worth 200 SP.
  • BST does kind of matter, but not as much as the actual total cost of your skills as well as merges. (+20 points from merges is probably why my Olivia scores higher than Lancina)
  • I think it is worth noting that level, of all things, increases your points the most.
  • It is a little rough, but a 4 star +10 = a 5 star +4 (may be a tad different in some cases).
  • Since the final calc is taken as an average, you can probably do some cheeky strats and shift around some Seals and whatnot to get a more even average. You may have to sacrifice actual usage though (like putting Atk Ploy seal on Lancina or something).
  • Aether, Galeforce, and other exclusive specials all cost 300 more than ordinary specials. So uh, just sayin', that is 3 extra points per skill. So I think it's pretty worthwhile to use them if you're going hardcore into tier-ing.
  • Blessings are worth 2 points.
  • Blessings are not switchable, so choose wisely I think it is a good idea to give your blessings to units that may be bonus units in the future (Like I did for my Olivia)

HERE IS THE CALC ONCE YOU ARE READY FOR THE POWERRRRR

xlsx file so you can save it into your computer

The original google doc

EDIT B (12/13/17):
Updoot 2.0 had some changes made

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XF8AtQPzAIhyyW_fHHsbBd-Z2jWZM2rBwSkhWy8YeWk/edit#gid=343120618
The google doc.
This also has the beta version in it AKA the calc I had before. Thanks to @mampfoid for pointing these new developments :P:
Also the people behind this whole calculation thing actually just update the google doc itself. I never even realized this cause I just saved the original to my computer heh
whoops

Patos Arena Score Calculator (1).xlsx
Here is the .xlsx. I encountered some errors though so I am unsure if it works properly. I kept getting a "#NAME?" error in certain spots (like where your base and ceiling score go at the top of the page). Let me know whether or not it works if you're using the .xlsx file. 

The new calc also shows what your team score would look like if someone encountered it themselves~ 

Feel free to ask any questions, and comment about any thoughts or whatever. If you don't think it's legit, test it for yourself!
I also made the poll slightly entertaining

EDIT C (1/19/18):

Nothing has changed with actual calculation, just a little stipulation with blessings and such.

Using 2 Fjorms gives you 4 points per blessing instead of 2, so if you have 2 Fjorms and 2 units with Blessings on, that's an increase of 8 points. Whereas using one Fjorm and 3 units with Blessings would be an increase of 6 points.

The guy that gave us this mass duel simulator teamed up with the arena calc guy (Patos) and FINALLY made a convenient site instead of those google spreadsheets:

http://www.arcticsilverfox.com/score_calc/

Praise the fox ~

EDIT D (2/27/18):

I'm sure some of you have noticed but there were some changes made to arena matchmaking

The formulas are still the same but as you can see:

"your highest scoring offense team member only matches a def team with a member 1 point or higher value than that unit" seems to be changed to "your highest scoring offense team member only matches a def team with a member of equal or higher value than that unit".

Mini edit dated the same as this post:

Further explanation to the matchmaking changes, even tips on how to cheese it ~

Edited by Arcanite
Updoots and Developments!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You got 4 Dorcases?  How?

I need to figure out what my skills are worth for SO, but I won't be able to do that until I'm off work.

I do not run Nino because I have seen the light, skewered it, and let it fall into oblivion. With Reinhardt, BH!Lyn, and Olivia, I joined the dark side see no reason to run Nino unless she is a bonus unit or something.

11 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

You got 4 Dorcases?  How?

I need to figure out what my skills are worth for SO, but I won't be able to do that until I'm off work.

That was an error LOL
I only have one unfortunately heh

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

I do not run Nino because I have seen the light, skewered it, and let it fall into oblivion. With Reinhardt, BH!Lyn, and Olivia, I joined the dark side see no reason to run Nino unless she is a bonus unit or something.

Leave at once

12 minutes ago, XRay said:

I thought my Nino could tank the Hardt once, and she got killed.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I thought my Nino could tank the Hardt once, and she got killed.

Clearly you were doing it wrong
Always calc your damage kids it happened to me once though so

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

get out

I told you to leave! >:(

But I'm so comfortable here ^.^ 

My team for this go round is Alfonse, Camus, Reinhardt, Inigo. Haven't calculated BST 'cos my brain is not working right now, but I'll be interested to. Especially since I've been considering changing to Subaki, Xander, Reinhardt, Inigo and have been wondering if it'll make much of a difference. 

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I told you to leave! >:(

Make me. :P

Or bribe me with Orbs.

This is amazing and thank you for the spreadsheet that i'm immediatly customizing for my own purpose!!!

On 21/11/2017 at 9:32 PM, Arcanite said:

Sacred Seals do in fact affect your SP total.

Quickened Pulse Seal is worth 120 SP.

Cool to know. Do we know the sp value of the other unique seals (the Deflect ones, Hardy Bearings)?

1 minute ago, salinea said:

Cool to know. Do we know the sp value of the other unique seals (the Deflect ones, Hardy Bearings)?

Forgot to add this to the OP lol

All deflects are 200 SP. Hardy Bearing I am not so sure about... but Guidance is also a 100% -> 50% -> no percent skill, as well as armor March. So it is safe to assume it is 240 like those skills.

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Forgot to add this to the OP lol

All deflects are 200 SP. Hardy Bearing I am not so sure about... but Guidance is also a 100% -> 50% -> no percent skill, as well as armor March. So it is safe to assume it is 240 like those skills.

Oh i was hoping Deflect were at 240 for more points.

Thanks! :D

10 hours ago, Poimagic said:

Jeez, I have to calculate it on my own? I'm so lazy though....

On the plus side, I won't have to waste feathers on the smiley trash bag Nino. shots fired

That is mean. She tried her best! In fact, she joins my Arena core as the fourth member on the seventh Arena Assault team, although she does not really do much besides being a Reposition bot since Reinhardt and BH!Lyn kills almost everything.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

That is mean. She tried her best! In fact, she joins my Arena core as the fourth member on the seventh Arena Assault team, although she does not really do much besides being a Reposition bot since Reinhardt and BH!Lyn kills almost everything.

Well, I admit, I won't build a Nino because I already have so many other units to build. Plus I don't want to succumb to the meta. This reason is also why I was unhappy to get a +atk Rein and instead would've been happier with a +def Rien for Raven Reinhardt.

That's pretty much the formula @bethany81707 found at reddit. If you use the FLOOR function, you don't need to round down manually: 

On 11/13/2017 at 10:41 AM, mampfoid said:

If you want to use this in your own sheet without rounding down, I translated it to one formula. It works in google docs and should work in Excel too. I assumed everybody uses a bonus unit (or is playing AA) and choses advanced difficulty:

• Arena score for 1 unit:

=2*(174+(A^2)+(B*2.5)+(C*2)+(FLOOR(D,5)/5)+(FLOOR((E),100)/100))

A = Rarity
    B = Level
    C = Merges
    D = BST
    E = SP Cost (Skills+Weapon+Seal)

• Base scoreline for your team:

AVERAGE(F,G,H,I)

F = Score unit 1
    G = Score unit 2
    H = Score unit 3
    I = Score unit 4

• Score Range:

AVERAGE(F,G,H,I) + 14

At least it let me realize that with my current merge material, it would be unlikely to stay in tier 20 for me. My maximum base score line would be 701,5 (range 715,5). 

I used the formula on my teams and the calculated base scoreline for my AA team has been 1-2 points too high from time to time, but its pretty handy to plan your arena teams anyway. The update next week will bring a heap full of new stuff, I guess it will take some time to include them into arena score calculation.