Jump to content
Arcanite

How to Calculate Arena Score! (NOW UPDATED WITH ARENA MATCHMAKING CHANGES + CALC SITE [READ THE OP OR ELSE])

Arena Things Because Why Not  

112 members have voted

  1. 1. Do you run Nino in your arena core?

    • Yes, because I understand the power of the force
      17
    • No, because I have yet to see the light
      62
    • I don't have Nino :/
      7
    • I alternate every season depending on bonus units and stuff
      26
  2. 2. 4 star +10 units. Opinions?

    • I disapprove, they are for F2P weaklings who can't promote to 5 star+10. The fools.
      20
    • I approve, who in the ACTUAL fluff, REALLY has the time and resources to promote the same unit to 5 star 11 times? (Could be less though)
      33
    • I am indifferent
      59
  3. 3. What do you have to say to Reinhardt?

    • "Magic is indeed everything"
      43
    • "I enjoy torturing you with Fae and the like"
      37
    • "When will you come home? ;-;"
      4
    • "Meh, you're totally overrated, tbh"
      28
  4. 4. What do you have to say to Brave Lyn

    • "FRICK, IT'S THE ENEMY!"
      40
    • "Is there ANYONE who can truly counter you?"
      9
    • "I laugh in pity at the fools who decided not to pick you for free"
      31
    • "I WANT to say you're overrated, but I fear the backlash I may receive from the people who have no skill and can't beat you in an arena match"
      32
  5. 5. Isn't Nino the bEst of the bEst?

    • Doing my bEst!
      34
    • I CANT READ
      33
    • AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
      31
    • She is the best lord in the series, tbh
      14


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

It made as much sense as BST. Higher best moar points. Higher skill cost moar points. Made perfect sense honestly

Higher BST generally means you have melee units so that means taking more risks and being less nukey by using less/no ranged units, but SP just means whether you've brought or inherited skills or not, if you have less then that's worse for you so now your units are more likely to struggle, but you get less arena points upon successive survival and win even with less SP on your skills?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Logos said:

Why does SP have to factor into it? Makes no sense.

the idea is to match you up with a team of equivalent strength. Both BST and skills (and thus sp) affect the strength of your overall units. Then you get rewarded for with points depending of who you beat. The internal logic is the same.

Also it means you have to luck into those units with good skills, therefore spend money to get more points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, mampfoid said:

How do I have to calculate the new forget weapons? Still just the SP cost?

Probably.

The only change added in the version 2.0 update was blessings, which appear to be worth at least 3 points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to @Arcanite and @Ice Dragon

I figured out how to shamelessly min-max my Arena Score.  I had to switch out Camus for Eldigan who is basically Xander without Distant Counter, but he gives me a nice boost.  I had to blow like 20 Dueling Crests, but I think this should be enough to stay in Tier 20.

PzHBkVN.png?1

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Prince Endriu said:

Give her ta3 and she will do fine most of the time

That seems to waste her potential a bit, since she can kill even a lot of Reds fully buffed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

That seems to waste her potential a bit, since she can kill even a lot of Reds fully buffed.

Depends on your strategy and available units - reinhardt is pretty common in AA - so even a gronraventa3bowbreaker build is interesting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Prince Endriu said:

Depends on your strategy and available units - reinhardt is pretty common in AA - so even a gronraventa3bowbreaker build is interesting

I think it is pretty good on a defense team, especially against opponents who are not diligent enough to check opponent's skills (basically me). My archers got killed a few times in Arena Assault when I sent them to attack Ninos, only to find out that the enemy Ninos are running a Raven build when my archers disappeared under my finger.

Edited by XRay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Prince Endriu said:

Depends on your strategy and available units - reinhardt is pretty common in AA - so even a gronraventa3bowbreaker build is interesting

Magic Deflect does the same thing and doesn't kill her coverage against reds.

Blade TA is overkill on blues and gimps her vs. reds. I don't think it's worthwhile.

43 minutes ago, XRay said:

My archers got killed a few times in Arena Assault when I sent them to attack Ninos, only to find out that the enemy Ninos are running a Raven build when my archers disappeared under my finger.

ur bad

So stupid it actually worked. Maybe I'll give Axebreaker Barst a try then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

So stupid it actually worked.

It is an unexpected build, so there bounds to be a player or two who got careless eventually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2017 at 9:16 PM, Rezzy said:

I had to blow like 20 Dueling Crests, but I think this should be enough to stay in Tier 20.

What in the name of Kektor

4,998

LOL
Well congratulations! That is unrealistically high lol

 

ALSO PSA:

USING BLESSINGS MAY INCREA-

On 12/2/2017 at 1:05 PM, Ice Dragon said:

Probably.

The only change added in the version 2.0 update was blessings, which appear to be worth at least 3 points.

Well seems like you already had it covered

I need to add this to the OP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

Well seems like you already had it covered

I need to add this to the OP

Just note that I don't know the exact score value for blessings (or if you actually need Fjorm on your team to activate the score boost, but it's likely that you do), just that they're likely worth at least 3 points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Just note that I don't know the exact score value for blessings (or if you actually need Fjorm on your team to activate the score boost, but it's likely that you do), just that they're likely worth at least 3 points.

Oh, I thought you knew the other stuff

You do need Fjorm on your team to activate the boost, but I also don't know the exact value myself.... BLEH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Oh, I thought you knew the other stuff

You do need Fjorm on your team to activate the boost, but I also don't know the exact value myself.... BLEH

I mean, I suppose I could try to calculate the value of any 748 team I face since 750 appears to be the hard cap on team value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

I mean, I suppose I could try to calculate the value of any 748 team I face since 750 appears to be the hard cap on team value.

Someone already did on reddit, that's how I know.

Some other moron thought it raised the BST Bin individually instead of a flat boost in score, which is how this article is raised

Note that they use Fjorm in both example teams*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Someone already did on reddit, that's how I know.

I meant the reverse, actually. Find a 748-point team running 3 blessings. Calculate their expected score without blessings. The difference between the expected score and the actual 748-point score is the value of 3 blessings with rounding error.

 

8 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Some other moron thought it raised the BST Bin individually instead of a flat boost in score, which is how this article is raised

That moron must not have noticed that it increased a unit's score by at least 3 points, where a +6 stat boost could at best give 2 points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/11/2017 at 6:21 PM, Arcanite said:

Forgot to add this to the OP lol

All deflects are 200 SP. Hardy Bearing I am not so sure about... but Guidance is also a 100% -> 50% -> no percent skill, as well as armor March. So it is safe to assume it is 240 like those skills.

Only now do I realise I forgot to ask about Phantom Speed. Do we know how much sp that's worth?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was an update to the score calculation, I did not look into it yet since the changes (apart from blessings) seem minor: 

Spoiler

 

 

 

7 hours ago, XRay said:

Regarding the BST scoring, more details are in this thread. You only factor in the base BST, so the BST without merges, skills, supports, etc.

Do you know if I have to calculate the 5* BST or the 4* BST for 4* +X units? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

There was an update to the score calculation, I did not look into it yet since the changes (apart from blessings) seem minor

Yeah doesn't really look too much different though it did have some interesting things 

I need to download it and check it out for myself tho just to test I before I add it to the OP

I also forgot to add the blessings thing to the OP LOL  gaem is hard

Edit: @mampfoid 4 star units use their 4 star BST, 3 star units use their 3 star BST, 5 star units use their 5 star BST.

Edited by Arcanite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ice Dragon I keep trying to edit the OP

But when I click the captcha it just goes back to what I had written in the thread before, and just completely forgets all of the stuff I edited

I made sure I have what I want copy-pasted, but this is getting annoying
I have tried editing the OP about 4 times now 
:angry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

@Ice Dragon I keep trying to edit the OP

But when I click the captcha it just goes back to what I had written in the thread before, and just completely forgets all of the stuff I edited

I made sure I have what I want copy-pasted, but this is getting annoying
I have tried editing the OP about 4 times now 
:angry:

Try clearing your cookies and reloading the page from scratch (Ctrl + F5) and see if it still happens. If that doesn't work, go punch some things and try again later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If that doesn't work, go punch some things and try again later.

Being a robot, anything I punch will probably disintegrate

So instead I'm going to sit here and overheat

BECAUSE ITS NOT FRICKING WORKING

Ill see if logging out and logging back in helps (which it probably won't but im desperate)

I have 10 bets this has something to do with me actually being a robot and still clicking "I'm not a robot".

Spoiler

Didn't stop me before though :smug:

 

Edited by Arcanite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...