Hello! This is my first post to this site! Ok, so I’m not the best at explaining things but here goes...the holiday season is upon us in the US, and I wanted to give my best bud my physical copy of Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright (since he always watches me play it) so that I could buy Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest for myself (since I kinda regret not picking that first, for irl reasons). I already bought Conquest and Revelation as DLC for the Birthright cartridge. Is there a way I could put them both on an SD card and give that and Birthright to him so that he’ll have all 3 versions on his 2DS? Or will he be forced to rebuy them (if he wanted to play the other routes) and I can just give him an eShop gift card with it instead? I really hope I explained that clearly, really super sorry if I didn’t! ALSO, since I’ll be getting a physical copy of Conquest, is it posible I can still retain my DLC of Revelation on my 3DS if its still on the SD card, or will I be forced to rebuy that too? Again, sorry if I missed any details or said something confusing! Feel free to ask me to clarify any points, and thank you for taking the time to read and help me!

Edited by AzureAkita

2 hours ago, AzureAkita said:

Hello! This is my first post to this site! Ok, so I’m not the best at explaining things but here goes...the holiday season is upon us in the US, and I wanted to give my best bud my physical copy of Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright (since he always watches me play it) so that I could buy Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest for myself (since I kinda regret not picking that first, for irl reasons). I already bought Conquest and Revelation as DLC for the Birthright cartridge. Is there a way I could put them both on an SD card and give that and Birthright to him so that he’ll have all 3 versions on his 2DS? Or will he be forced to rebuy them (if he wanted to play the other routes) and I can just give him an eShop gift card with it instead? I really hope I explained that clearly, really super sorry if I didn’t! ALSO, since I’ll be getting a physical copy of Conquest, is it posible I can still retain my DLC of Revelation on my 3DS if its still on the SD card, or will I be forced to rebuy that too? Again, sorry if I missed any details or said something confusing! Feel free to ask me to clarify any points, and thank you for taking the time to read and help me!

I was wondering a similar thing. I lost my special addition a while back and was wondering if I could get my 6 "extra Data" save slots and non-path DLC (grinding, hidden truths, ect.) back if i rebought all 3 paths of the game digitaly.

DLC is tied to the system.  Gifting away the cartridge means the cartridge's new owner will have to buy all the DLC for themselves.

Now, I'm not sure what would happen if one were to switch from a Birthright main to a Conquest main, but given the Fates DLC is lumped in a single entry in the DLC manager in the 3DS's system settings, I'm thinking you might be able to keep all the non-conflicting DLC, although you'd probably have to buy a Birthright DLC if you still wanted access to that campaign in any event.  Granted, I've no intention of switching from my current main (Birthright digital) anytime soon, so if I'm wrong, don't go flaming me to hell and back...

I was actually just about to ask a similar question on this forum. For personal reason I prefer having cartridges of the games rather than digital versions, and I was wondering if DLC I purchased on a Conquest cartridge would be available on a Birthright Cartridge. Now if I read this right:

10 hours ago, shiningpikablu252 said:

DLC is tied to the system.  Gifting away the cartridge means the cartridge's new owner will have to buy all the DLC for themselves.

Now, I'm not sure what would happen if one were to switch from a Birthright main to a Conquest main, but given the Fates DLC is lumped in a single entry in the DLC manager in the 3DS's system settings, I'm thinking you might be able to keep all the non-conflicting DLC, although you'd probably have to buy a Birthright DLC if you still wanted access to that campaign in any event.  Granted, I've no intention of switching from my current main (Birthright digital) anytime soon, so if I'm wrong, don't go flaming me to hell and back...

Then the DLC is tied to the system, so it doesn't matter if the version of the game is digital or physical, so long as it's played on that 3DS.

Have I understood this all correctly?

On 11/24/2017 at 12:25 AM, shiningpikablu252 said:

Now, I'm not sure what would happen if one were to switch from a Birthright main to a Conquest main, but given the Fates DLC is lumped in a single entry in the DLC manager in the 3DS's system settings, I'm thinking you might be able to keep all the non-conflicting DLC, although you'd probably have t buy a Birthright DLC if you still wanted access to that campaign in any event.  Granted, I've no intention of switching from my current main (Birthright digital) anytime soon, so if I'm wrong, don't go flaming me to hell and back...

...why would I flame you for a small misinformation...?

• 2 months later...